Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STATEMENT BY NFL INDEPENDENT NEUROLOGIST ROBERT N. KURTZKE ON #Redskins QB ROBERT GRIFFIN III

TK

Sigh. I'm old enough to remember the good old days when being a Redskin fan all you had to worry about was who we were beating next week.

I was too young to understand at the time, but I remember worrying whether Riggo would play each Sunday because he always missed practice due to nagging "injuries" :D

ianna Marie Russini ‏@diannaESPN

Sources say the plan is not only to start Kirk Cousins tonight in Baltimore, but also week 1 against Miami.

Which would seem to make sense if the neurologist is saying to re-evaluate Griffin in 1-2 weeks. The Dolphins game is in 2 weeks. You don't even know if your starter will be cleared to play in that game, so you plan on your backup to start.

What's more interesting is that, if what Dianna is saying is true, apparently the competition for the #2 spot wasn't really a competition at all lol *grin*...it's already been decided.

Which would seem to make sense if the neurologist is saying to re-evaluate Griffin in 1-2 weeks. The Dolphins game is in 2 weeks. You don't even know if your starter will be cleared to play in that game, so you plan on your backup to start.

What's more interesting is that, if what Dianna is saying is true, apparently the competition for the #2 spot wasn't really a competition at all lol *grin*...it's already been decided.

Agreed.

I'm not anti conspiracy, but I do think that when there is a conspiracy it's never as poorly executed as this.

I had hoped for Skins fans to not add to the overall confusion with genuine thoughts of some sort of conspiracy at work.

That didn't last long lol...

I'm going back into hibernation.

Me as well. The desire to instantly jerk the knee and conclude "conspiracy" on this site is why I have spent very little time here lately. I'm just going to see what happens over the next two weeks.

Hey .. Kerrigan and DJax are being held out of this "all important" dress rehearsal with the Ratbirds too. They are such primadonnas! (/sarc)

Saw what they said on ESPN2.

Basically, this is just a "source" claiming this. The Redskins have confirmed nothing.

Dianna also claimed there were meetings this week about whether they should move forward with Griffin. There was disagreement amongst the leadership, but the concussion took the decision out of their hands.

Of course, the clowns at the desk get it all wrong about the Redskins sitting Griffin tonight. It was the doctors sent in by the NFL, not the Redskins who said he must sit.

Agreed.

I'm not anti conspiracy, but I do think that when there is a conspiracy it's never as poorly executed as this.

The only conspiracy that fits is the doctors are on Mara's payroll. He is manipulating them to mess with our minds. ;)

**** Mara. :)

You forget the 1987 season too.

The benching of Jeff Bostic.

The constant shuffling between Schoreder and Doug Williams.

That "QB shuffle" alone would've melted this board. :)

Well we won the Super Bowl that year - I could live with that kind of QB shuffle

I was too young to understand at the time, but I remember worrying whether Riggo would play each Sunday because he always missed practice due to nagging "injuries" :D

Riggins was a law onto himself. On one occasion he passed out drunk during a team meeting and urinated over himself. This was before camera phones, Twitter etc had even been dreamed of. Can you imagine ...

Riggins was a law onto himself. On one occasion he passed out drunk during a team meeting and urinated over himself. This was before camera phones, Twitter etc had even been dreamed of. Can you imagine ...

I recall a time when he was in the hospital, in traction, on a Wednesday. Then suiting up to play on Sunday.

I recall a time when he was in the hospital, in traction, on a Wednesday. Then suiting up to play on Sunday.

No question the guy was a heck of a football player on a Sunday. The rest of the week I assume Gibbs just closed his eyes, covered his ears and hoped for the best.

Did I ever tell you about the time I went horseback riding with Riggins, but there weren’t any horses around? Well, Riggins throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn’t you know it, my stamina increases with each day and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Riggins decides to enter me in the Breeders’ Cup, right, under the name Turkish Delight. And I’m running in second place, and I’m running and I break my ankle! They’re about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, ‘Don’t shoot him, he’s a human.'

Drama and stupidity characterize this organization.

Power struggle - it's obvious. Bickering.

What power struggle? The dude sustained a concussion and this is the protocol for that. If Kirk wins the job due to it then so be it but this has nothing to do with an power struggle.

Did I ever tell you about the time I went horseback riding with Riggins, but there weren’t any horses around? Well, Riggins throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn’t you know it, my stamina increases with each day and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Riggins decides to enter me in the Breeders’ Cup, right, under the name Turkish Delight. And I’m running in second place, and I’m running and I break my ankle! They’re about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, ‘Don’t shoot him, he’s a human.'

Did I ever tell you about the time Riggins took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can’t find one. Finally, Riggins takes me into a vacant lot and says, ‘Here we are.’ Well, we sat there for a year and a half. Sure enough, someone constructed a bar around us. Well, the day they opened it, we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burnt the place to the ground. Riggins yelled over the roar of the flames, "Always leave things the way you found them!"

no idea who that is, but why the **** not.  

**** it, let's bring in Favre.  

Might as well try Mark Rypien's daughter...

those independent experts are hired by one side or the other.  They are independent only in the fact they do not regularly receive a paycheck from the side that hired them.  I'm fairly certain this guy will never receive a paycheck from the Washington Redskins

Always loved the facts that independents guys are seen as competent ones. Most of the time, it's guys that feel like they know, while they only know ****... It's fun the numerous independents experts that disagrees all the times. They really look like guys taken out of any internet forum.

You actually believe an NFL team would bribe a neurologist so they could bench their starting QB?

Weirdest things have happened.

Agreed.

Conspiracy would mean that we are not that dumb, which is not to be taken out of the equation yet.

The only conspiracy that fits is the doctors are on Mara's payroll. He is manipulating them to mess with our minds. ;)

**** Mara. :)

Hmmm, if it was Mara, his doctors would have cleared RG3. Considering preseason we are more likely to win with KC at the helm than with RG3...

People are doing a lot of guessing about whether or not he was really concussed, but it seems to me he probably was. If you watched the game, you could see him getting a little dizzy and shaking the cobwebs out after one of those hits, and he certainly looked unconscious when he was laying on the turf.

I noticed some have said he didn't get hit in the head on his last play, but I'm pretty sure you can get concussed without a direct blow to the head. A jarring hit can cause your brain to rattle in your skull which is what causes concussions, as far as I understand.

Frankly I had no doubts he was concussed when I saw the look in his eyes. He looked dazed.

Archived