Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Gunman Kills Virginia TV News Reporter, Cameraman on Air

Dan T.

No. The difference between me (along with billions of other people), and this lunatic, is that the thought of killing people who anger me doesn't even enter my train of thought. Much less the planning and execution of it.

Really? You've never thought about or had a dream about killing someone? Granted, it's been a long time for me but, when I was young and volatile, the thought crossed my mind on rare occasion. You work through your anger and come out the other end a better, stronger person.

Really? You've never thought about or had a dream about killing someone? Granted, it's been a long time for me but, when I was young and volatile, the thought crossed my mind on rare occasion. You work through your anger and come out the other end a better, stronger person.

I will confess that often, behind the wheel, I find myself contemplating shooting out tires of ****hole drivers, with a sniper rifle.

I will confess that often, behind the wheel, I find myself contemplating shooting out tires of ****hole drivers, with a sniper rifle.

And how bout these ****s that roll up to the grocery store express lane with 20 items and a handful of coupons?!? I'm thinking bout popping some domes right here in the Kroger!

Want to know what some of those mhp folks vent when they hear that stuff? "yeah, go **** yourselves, assholes."

That... that is a shame...

I  never once intended, or thought anyone speaking to it intended, for it to be an indictment on the profession; as if it's the people working in the field that are somehow dropping the ball in solving this problem... It's always seemed, to me at least, to be an indictment against our society. The lack of funding, the lack of prioritizing, the way we mock (this is getting better but it still exists) people with issues, or we encourage those with issues to hide them from the rest of us (to avoid the mocking and ridicule.)  Or how we have a military, that's workforce is probably the most susceptible to work-related mental problems, that has a culture that says having these problems makes you weak. Or the general culture that taking those types of meds makes you some sort of zombie, or not yourself, or dependent, or whatever else people say; completely ignoring the seriousness of the condition that warrants the meds in the first place.

To hear that as the response from the professionals is worrying... including, but not limited to, how the most important people in the equation (the professionals that understand the subject) seem to be interpreting the situation completely different than I would have expected...

Not understandable.

Not even a little bit.

You want to punch your boss in the face, fine.

It happens. Stupid but fine.

Shooting co-workers ? Really ?

War movies.

Horror movies.

Extreme Metal.

Gangster Rap.

Outlaw Country.

Every Lifetime movie ever made.

17000 homicides a year in the U.S. alone.

Dude, it happens. Maybe never to you, but it happens...a lot.

Everybody has the potential to become lethally violent. Its a part of humanity. One doesn't have to necessarily have premeditated contemplations about it though.

Everybody these day talks about turning to mental health for this stuff, but we've long fielded a culture that not only won't support it financially (though they'll spend billions on fireworks and pet toys every year etc), it also tends to minimize/mock/disrespect much of the profession. Not to mention the inordinate amount of challenging education and practice it requires to get to any decently substantial position in a field that overall offers quite minimal financial compensation as the norm. 

We have no idea what we are talking about when we say "mental health" either.

Yes, I would guess this guy had a narcissistic personality disorder of some kind. But so do a lot of people. Predicting which of this people are going to go on a rampage is damn near impossible.

And it doesn't seem like this guy was a prime candidate for some kind of involuntary commitment. He was employable. He seemed to function in society. He was obviously a bit of an asshole...but again....so are a lot of people.

I want to put reinforced steel around my truck and just go through people during rush hour like a fullback through the defense. I want to part the rush hour sea!

We have no idea what we are talking about when we say "mental health" either.

Yes, I would guess this guy had a narcissistic personality disorder of some kind. But so do a lot of people. Predicting which of this people are going to go on a rampage is damn near impossible.

And it doesn't seem like this guy was a prime candidate for some kind of involuntary commitment. He was employable. He seemed to function in society. He was obviously a bit of an asshole...but again....so are a lot of people.

I recently helped a friend of mine get out of a toxic abusive relationship she was in with a full blown narcissist. I still worry that he's going to show up outside my residence one day with a gun and shoot me in the face. But then I'm not entirely sure because he's planning on attending medical school in a top 5 nationwide program and I don't know if he will risk his freedom to get revenge. By all legal means, I doubt this guy would be classified as mentally ill although he is by all accounts fairly crazy. Somehow this guy will be treating patients at a hospital within 4-5 years. The mental health label is a convenient tag on for all of these crimes to hide the real issue.

The NY Daily News is **** for the cover they're running with tomorrow

Actually, I saw that some foreign papers with the same cover.  I saw that video; sticks in your head for a while and makes you sad and angry at the same time.  May that asshole be rotting in hell right now

What's worse; this video will now inspire more crazies.  Any person wanting to commit a similiar act of horror; will now be inspired to do so.  .

re: traffic related rage

my mom, upon moving to the DC area and being introduced to our traffic, had come up with an idea. put little sticky nerf arrow guns on your car, when you see someone mess up you shoot the car and it gets an arrow stuck to it. when a cop sees a car with 3 arrows stuck to it they pull you over and give you a ticket.

i laugh imagining beltway traffic during rush hour. all these cars covered in nerf arrows.

it would become a daily routine for dc/nova commuters. you get home and remove the numerous arrows other assholes stuck to your car, then use them to reload yours because you're out yourself. ;)

I just call traffic people idiots but never wish death. What the **** you doing mate, let me pass! I need to use the lane. Deliberately slow down for like ten seconds until that Mook gets the message I need to ****ing pass

Sometimes the driver just passes by when I've signaled my intent for like 5 seconds

Slow down mate I need to pass

But that's all, they just get a light verbal berating from me and they can't even hear it

Archived