Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Gunman Kills Virginia TV News Reporter, Cameraman on Air

Dan T.

I'm feeling so angry from this. I'm reminded of the extraordinary grace and character of Chris Singleton, the kid whose mother was killed in the Charleston Church shooting. He forgave the piece of **** who did it. As angry as I feel now about the death of two strangers, I can't fathom the incredible strength and humanity he demonstrated in forgiving his mother's murderer. That's what I'm going to try and think about now instead of how much this vicious, cowardly little ****wad deserves to die.

How do you suppose he knew that they would be there at 6:45 in the morning on air?

Wonder if he had access to their schedule somehow, and if so, if someone inside the station gave it to him

The station manager said they had already done a couple of live shots from the scene, so he could have seen the original remote and then gone to the scene from his Roanoke home.

But still, there's a lot of planning for it to be spur of the moment. He had faxed the 23 page statement to ABC News sometime "Between Tuesday night and this morning."  He had the gun, the Go Pro camera, and body armor.  He left his car at the Roanoke Airport and rented a different one.

Yeah, something doesn't add up. 

The station manager said they had already done a couple of live shots from the scene, so he could have seen the original remote and then gone to the scene from his Roanoke home.

But still, there's a lot of planning for it to be spur of the moment. He had faxed the 23 page statement to ABC News sometime "Between Tuesday night and this morning."  He had the gun, the Go Pro camera, and body armor.  He left his car at the Roanoke Airport and rented a different one.

Yeah, something doesn't add up. 

Yah, imagine if you wanted to do this.  It would be next to impossible without inside info

Yah, imagine if you wanted to do this.  It would be next to impossible without inside info

I mean, he could follow the news van, I guess.

Another thought: I have a high school classmate who works on local tv. Her facebook feed often lists upcoming stories and her schedule for remotes. Granted, she's more of a host than a reporter, but I can't imagine it's that difficult to figure out where these people were going to be.

http://www.msnbc.com/thomas-roberts/watch/white-house-responds-to-wdbj-shooting-513422403984?cid=sm_tw_msnbc

White House responds to WDBJ shooting

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/26/us/virginia-shooting-wdbj/index.html?sr=tw082615wdbjstationmanager115pVodtopLink

WDBJ General Manager Jeff Marks said of Vester Flanagan, "Two years ago, we had to separate him from the company. We did understand that he was still living in the area." He added that WDBJ is cooperating with police and has handed over to police information on Flanagan's history with the station and the video of the shooting.

• Though Marks has heard of Flanagan leveling accusations in the past, he said, "I don't think (reporter) Alison (Parker) and that individual even overlapped here." Marks added that he was not exaggerating when he says that Parker and photographer Adam Ward were "the kindest and nicest people who worked here. ... I can't figure out any connection."

• The shooting made Marks want to step out of his role as a journalist and say of the shooter, "I don't know whether I want him to live or die," he told CNN.

I feel awful for the victims and their family. Awful that they lost their loves ones because some psychotic, pathetic **** couldn't act like a man and move on with his life. RIP to the victims, and I hope some solace comes to their families soon.

As for the piece of **** who did this, I'm torn on whether I want him to die, or somehow survive, hoping he lives the next 50 years in prison, hopefully with some kind of painful debilitation caused by his attempted suicide.

1. I'm so damn tired of these scumbags not having to face justice for their cowardly, despicable acts.

2. Another example of why the media needs stop hiding behind the veil of "we're just reporting what's happening" when giving these guys their month of fame. You put thoughts in the minds of already warped people who want to go out as a somebody instead of a nobody. Those hidden tapes from Columbine, I applaud the investigator who said there's no reason to have these out and serve as future inspiration for another nutjob.

1. I'm so damn tired of these scumbags not having to face justice for their cowardly, despicable acts.

2. Another example of why the media needs stop hiding behind the veil of "we're just reporting what's happening" when giving these guys their month of fame. You put thoughts in the minds of already warped people who want to go out as a somebody instead of a nobody. Those hidden tapes from Columbine, I applaud the investigator who said there's no reason to have these out and serve as future inspiration for another nutjob.

But, but, but... that's censorship!

Actually, I agree with you.

Nice. Racist Asshole.

This guy seemed to have problems with people everywhere he went.

Reminds me a quote in "Justified"

"If you run into an asshole in the morning. That was an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole".

some people just can't see their own faults. It's such a me-centric age we live in.

Archived