Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Gunman Kills Virginia TV News Reporter, Cameraman on Air

Dan T.

I knew Alison. I saw her often during my first year at The Daily News while she worked at WCTI's Jacksonville Bureau. Her goals were lofty, but she had the ambition and work ethic to make them happen, and I had very little doubt she was going to be a success in her field.
Today is Women's Equality Day, the day we remember the passage of the 19th Amendment, giving women the right to vote nation wide, and a day to reflect on the progress we have made toward the goal of a society where we all enjoy full, total and equal rights under the law and in society at large. Alison stood on the shoulders of giants - female broadcasters that dared to step in front of the camera as true reporters, covering the stories that impacted their communities. She may have gone on to be another giant on which a young girl could stand.
Now, we will never know and that thought sickens me.
May they both rest in peace.

He's just mad because that anchor was allegedly racist by his opinion. He felt mistreated. There are other ways to deal with your damn problems other than ending young life. How does hate and animosity get to that point?

screw(s) loose

some people only know how to deal with issues in aggressive ways.

The moment he released the twitter video that was the inevitable result. That was basically a sign confession. His options were basically Death or Life in Prison at that point.

Some part of me wouldn't be surprised if he literally did it during the high speed pursuit, because if you're sick enough to post a POV shot of your murder you're horrible enough to figure you may as well take yourself out in a way that may take someone with you.

Wasn't Bryce Williams the real name of a former ES poster named "Coach Williams"? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

He was also a white guy. Was Brice though.

I think his original name was King Brice or something like that

At any rate, the "Coach Williams" stuff was when Gregg Williams was still the coach here

He started coaching football at that point when he changed his name.

Watching that crap only contributes to this sort of thing.   We live in an attention whore,  focus on me now, society and these tragic events are all about attention.  We need to shut them off completely when they happen.  Take away the impetus.   What a sad, violence glorified time we live in.   I'm guessing he's hoping for a televised shoot out where he can do down in a blaze of glory.  They need to catch him alive and lock him in solitary forever. 

Props to twitter for their quick actions.

Props indeed. Unfortunately it's being shared all over youtube and it doesn't appear those are being taken down. Yet. Do not understand why folks think they want to see something like this. Death in real life is not interesting or anything else to see. It sucks. Kind of disturbing that people will continue to watch these videos if they're available,(leaving me wondering if they aren't disturbed a little themselves). That and why give the **** apparently what he wanted as well. Lot's of views.  RIP to those two young people and their families and friends. 

Watching that crap only contributes to this sort of thing.   We live in an attention whore,  focus on me now, society and these tragic events are all about attention.  We need to shut them off completely when they happen.  Take away the impetus.   What a sad, violence glorified time we live in.   I'm guessing he's hoping for a televised shoot out where he can do down in a blaze of glory.  They need to catch him alive and lock him in solitary forever. 

cue ES POSTER to tell you that you're just the latest in the "get off my lawn" old people rant

But, you're absolutely correct.  Generation selfie. 

cue ES POSTER to tell you that you're just the latest in the "get off my lawn" old people rant

But, you're absolutely correct.  Generation selfie. 

maybe selfie sticks should be made with a gun pointing the same direction as the camera. So they can truly capture their last moment before they shoot themselves in the face.

Archived