Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

Not necessarily true. Zack Martin was a tackle in college, but the Cowboys moved him to guard. He made the all pro team as a rookie. Anywhere you can get an all pro is worth the pick. 

The Cowboys drafted Martin knowing he'd most likely play guard, and drafted him in the teens. Scherff was drafted to play RT and drafted in the top 10. Like I said, spin it how you want, but it will be a disappointment if he can't play OT at this level. Would it be the biggest bust ever if he did? Absolutely not. But a negative it would be. 

Not sure how you can suspend a player a full year after the fact.  Especially with the following change to the rules:

Marijuana discipline: The punishment for a positive test is also changing. As is the case now, a first-time offense lands the player in the substance abuse program without a suspension. The primary difference is the punishment for a second positive test: simply a two-game fine. Each additional violation receives the following progressive discipline: four-game fine, four-game suspension, 10-game suspension. A player can therefore test positive for marijuana three times without getting suspended.

Because he did not TEST positive. He's being suspended for his citation on possession of marijuana. This means if he is tested positive in the future it would be the first offense for failing a test as well (I believe).

Two notes:

On Scherff, I'm ok if he is guard. As i noted before the draft, what we needed out of that first pick was an immediate high-level starter. I'd rather him be a ProBowl guard than a marginal right tackle.

Second, our pass rush (on paper) is looking sick.

Hatcher, Knighton, Paea

Gallette, ILB, Robinson, Kerrigan

And that's with Jean-Francois, Baker, Preston Long, and Murphy coming off the bench. NICE

Agreed. 5th overall for a RT is a reach. For a left guard it is a reeeeeaaaaaach.

I don't know, if he's dominating guys every week and is all-pro every year, I'd be cool with it.  Not that all-pro is the bar, but if a guy's elite and the guys around that 5th selection aren't on his level at their positions, it won't look so bad.  Only time will tell.

Smoke when your retired, how hard is that. Your job is your body basically, take full and complete responsibility to how you care for it. 

Meh, weed is a safer pain killer then the legal pills they pump into these players to get them to play a full season.

That's annoying, I thought that was behind us, why is soemthing so old going to come back and lead to a suspension now?

See: Le'veon Bell suspension. Near identical situation at almost exactly the same time.

I was actually worried he would get the same amount as him....glad it's only 1 game.

Maybe a little bit concerning that Scherff is at G on the second day of camp. Have they been seeing something that they dont like about him at RT?

I seem to remember after the draft that he and various coach's/Clou all said they'd try him at various places and see how everything meshes together in the line. They liked him as a football player and an offensive lineman, not necessarily JUST as a RT.

Most seemed to think that Scherff could become a Very Good Right Tackle but could become an Elite Guard.

If Moses can be a Good to Very Good Right Tackle for us, I'd be more than happy to see Scherff at Guard. Suring up that left side of the line as a mauling, beasty, nasty pair set for the next 5 years would not be a waste of a pick at all in my eyes.

I'm not really concerned if he ends up as a guard as long as Moses is a good tackle. Scherff would be a HELL of a guard. Draft position is meh for me since the rookie cap limits the salary cap damage you can do to yourself with a bad pick. If he ends up being a pro-bowl guard, I'm perfectly happy with that, AS LONG AS Moses can improve enough to be a good RT.

If not, we're sort of ******.

We don't know yet that everyone's not selling his tackle abilities short and that he won't be a hell of a tackle.  All the scouts and draftniks could be wrong.  Wouldn't be the first time.

I don't know, if he's dominating guys every week and is all-pro every year, I'd be cool with it.  Not that all-pro is the bar, but if a guy's elite and the guys around that 5th selection aren't on his level at their positions, it won't look so bad.  Only time will tell.

My point is you can get a very good LG (maybe not all pro) without it costing the 5th pick in the draft.

I guess we will need to see how Leonard Williams does before we can decide this one.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Scherff and am glad he is on our team.

I watched that Galette video.  It was extremely disturbing to me...

I know it's from 2013, but why can't everyone stop taking videos without the phone tipped horizontally.  These small skinny videos with black on the sides really make me sick.

Anyways, I wouldn't call the woman that got hit with the belt a lady by any means.  She walked up to a NFL size man swinging a belt in self defense during a brawl and she got whacked.  I don't advocate hitting women by any means, or ever, but this was not domestic abuse here, this was a brawl and "women" were getting involved.  This is what happens, Ive seen it before live on Bourbon St. many times...  

PSA for women:  When men are fighting get the **** back.

I have no idea what he did to allegedly fall out with the Saints locker-room, but I have no issue rooting for the guy based on the beach brawl video.

Very concerning. And, yes, it will be a disappointment if he has to flip inside to guard, regardless of how some may try to spin it.

I don't see it as something to be concerned about at this point.  They could just want to see how he plays at both positions, and even it he does end up play G who cares?  Put him where we'll benefit from his skill set the most.  He was slightly over valued even as a tackle at the #5 pick.  What's done is done -- he's going to be a good player at T or G,...doesn't matter.

Maybe a little bit concerning that Scherff is at G on the second day of camp. Have they been seeing something that they dont like about him at RT?

Could be a lot of things.  Maybe they don't like what they see at guard with Long and Kouandjio.  Or it's the first couple days and they're messing around trying stuff to see what works.

Could be a lot of things.  Maybe they don't like what they see at guard with Long and Kouandjio.  Or it's the first couple days and they're messing around trying stuff to see what works.

...And they were moving guys around during OTA's also.  I believe this is a technique Callahan uses to cross train in case of injury, and also to help players understand the responsibilities of the players around them.  I'm not saying positions are not up for grabs, but this doesn't mean anything one way or another, IMO.

re OL position changes during practice: i'm actually glad to see this.. if, god forbid, there's injury, people will need to slide into positions they normally wouldn't need to and do a good job with them.

and in re to our d's front 7 being fantastic: for me, it's gonna be wait and see.  might look good on paper but scheme has a lot to do with it and barry is a complete unknown at this time.  plus i'm still worried about ILB coverage against good TEs like witten and gronk..

Not really, Breeland suspended and we signed Galette, sameold sameold

..... NOPE.

Gallette signed with the Skins for minimum and 1 year. Breeland is suspended for one game for last year's marijuana incident. 

I think that's really it.

Ta fellas. 

Shows how apathetic and disinterested I've been to football all year save the draft when I'm surprised to read that of Breeland. 

Didn't have a clue his dumbass was facing anything. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

...And they were moving guys around during OTA's also.  I believe this is a technique Callahan uses to cross train in case of injury, and also to help players understand the responsibilities of the players around them.  I'm not saying positions are not up for grabs, but this doesn't mean anything one way or another, IMO.

I feel a rookie, especially a top ten pick, should get every rep possible at the position he was drafted for.

It is already overwhelming for a rookie in his first year in the NFL. Maybe after a year or two in the system you can start experimenting.

It's training camp.  It was inevitable that Moses was going to get reps at RT.  It's important for Scherff to get some reps inside to give us some flexibility if we have any injuries.  For the sake of our team, I think it would be the best possible scenario if TWilliams/AK/Licht/Scherff/Moses turned out to be our best five.  That's some serious youth if Callahan could get those guys to gel.

I'll be disappointed if Lauvao is starting again this season.  You gotta think we're looking at AK, Lauvao, Long to fill the two guard spots. 

I think it will boil down to the net positive/negative of a Scherff/Moses combo vs. a Long/Scherff combo.  Scherff will start no matter what, but where he plays will depend on who's the better football player between Long and Moses.  

I personally don't care how it shakes out, I just want to see the best five guys play.  I'm sure that's what they are looking at, regardless of where Scherff was drafted.  

I feel a rookie, especially a top ten pick, should get every rep possible at the position he was drafted for.

It is already overwhelming for a rookie in his first year in the NFL. Maybe after a year or two in the system you can start experimenting.

Like I said, it's training not experimenting, IMO.

Scout: Jay Gruden can't fix RG3, he's done http://wp.me/p1L24z-E2J  #Redskins #HTTR

Gruden believes in the "strong leadership" in the #Redskins locker room when it comes to bringing in Galette.

WATCH LIVE: #Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to reporters prior to today's PM practice: http://redsk.in/1eGdgVv 

Archived