Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

You know I was on the fence, then I saw the video, He was involved in an all out brawl on the beach, this was not a guy beating on just woman, though he did use a belt on a woman. The circumstances looked out of control, don't know what happened before or after that. 

I too saw the video and am not convinced yet that the guy in the video is definitively Junior.

Look, no need to get very political here.

Whether you agree with it being illegal or not, the fact is it's illegal federally still and it's illegal in the majority of the states.

The NFL has a vested interest in discouraging it's players from engaging in illegal activity, whether that's federal or state.

Note, if you're a FEDERAL employee who works in Colorado, you could be punished by your job for smoking still because it's still a violation of Federal law.

People can disagree with the legitimacy or need for those laws all they want, but let's stop acting like it's ridiculous that the NFL would take some action relating to that (especially if you're someone who thinks they should be taking action for other violations of the law...or hell, for things where a person isn't found guilty under the law).

It's ridiculous it's taken this long for the NFL to act, imho...but I can understand them taking action if one of their players is cited for a violation of a law.

I don't think they're "behind the times"; they're pretty much in lock step with the federal government and most states. Perhaps that'll change in time, but the reality is as of today their view is pretty consistent with most businesses.

I'm just thankful that:

1. It's a 1 game suspension

2. It's the start of the year

Hall, Culliver, and Amerson should all be healthy at that point. I think that's easily going to be the best game to get by without Breeland in there.

Smoke when your retired, how hard is that. Your job is your body basically, take full and complete responsibility to how you care for it. 

I'm sure the average NFL player is smoking it but there are safe ways to consume marijuana, you can eat it or vape it.  A lot of NFL players spend a lot of time in pain with soreness and lingering injuries & if they don't use weed they're going to use alcohol or other worse drugs to cope.  Having said that, the NFL is in no way going to change these policies, especially with the NFLPA being such a useless pile of crap.

With the result yet to be determined, I'm still ok with the Galette signing because it's Scot and the coaches that made the call, but can still note how flexible so many people are with their stances on character. 

For more than a few, It sometimes seems like it's only other teams (I'm looking at you, Dallas :D) that should be chastised for signing "questionable characters."

Hypocrisy? 

**** it---we need to win some games!  :lol:

I'm only cool with it because I trust in Scott M. and it is just a one-year deal with no cap implications, really.

If he starts doing knucklehead things, then he's gone. Low risk/high reward.

There are right where they need to be on this issue.

Playing in the NFL is a job. It can be a dangerous job.

You don't want some stoner out on the field without all his faculties anymore than you would want one operating heavy machinery at a construction site.

It is about responsibility. Which most of these weed-smoking players don't show.

The NFL obviously doesn’t agree with you because in the latest CBA the players only receive one drug test a year administered some time from April through August.  Once you pass you can take all the drugs you want and be on the field as high as a kite.  No consequences whatsoever. 

Doesn't matter it is a condition of your employment. I really don't understand your first question or statement. 

I don't mean to side track the thread here. But you said that the person should have complete control of their body yet if they do have complete control of their body (e.g., they smoke like they want to), then they shouldn't be punished for it. What I'm trying to say is that if someone else is punishing them for what they do to THEIR body, then they don't have, nor could they ever have, complete control over their own body to do what they want with it.

Now, I agree that as it stands, the NFL has the right to punish players for smoking. It's up to the players to do what they want and they may pay a price for it. If they smoke too much and it is a detriment to their physical play (e.g., short of breath due to chronic smoking), it could potentially cost them thousands or millions. But that should be on them as an adult to make that decision for themselves. Where I think we disagree is that I think the NFL should stop punishing players for smoking and you think that they just shouldn't smoke and the NFL should continue to punish them for it if they do.  Just a difference of opinion.

I'm sure the average NFL player is smoking it but there are safe ways to consume marijuana, you can eat it or vape it.  A lot of NFL players spend a lot of time in pain with soreness and lingering injuries & if they don't use weed they're going to use alcohol or other worse drugs to cope.  Having said that, the NFL is in no way going to change these policies, especially with the NFLPA being such a useless pile of crap.

I am not anti-legalization fwiw, but until it is legal, or even when it is, is irrelevant. The Employer policy is clear here. 

Meanwhile at the league office the phone rings....

Goodell: "Yes Mr. Mara, I did see that the Redskins signed Galette. I understand, the press release announcing his suspension is being prepared now. That is right 8 games so he will miss the first Giants - Redskins game. No, thank you sir it is a pleasure working for you."

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 10m10 minutes ago

Mark Bullock retweeted Check The Tape

Well thats the thing, Hatcher, Paea, Baker can all rush the passer too. Tons of options, many potential sub-packages

Mark Bullock added,

Check The Tape @CheckTheTape
@MarkBullockNFL I'd keep Hatcher on the field for pass rush

Washington Redskins @RedskinsFans_ 34s35 seconds ago

IF THIS SQUAD DOESN'T GO BETTER THAN 4-12 THEN SOMETHING CRAZY GOING ON #HTTR!

CLQhoiAWEAAyF5N.jpg
CLQhoiPW8AUjxGb.jpg

The NFL obviously doesn’t agree with you because in the latest CBA the players only receive one drug test a year administered some time from April through August.  Once you pass you can take all the drugs you want and be on the field as high as a kite.  No consequences whatsoever. 

Then apparently, a lot of players are smoking weed just before they take the test like a bunch of knuckleheads, because a lot of them are getting caught. :)

However, I think you have that rule incorrect. Too lazy to go look, though. :)

I believe it means the Redskins can match any FA offer he receives next year if they want to keep him.

Does that mean that he is a restricted free agent next year?

Archived