Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

Let's clear up some things here.

Breeland was charged with possession, not a failed drug test.

If he were in another state he wouldn't have been charged because possession would be ok.

If he wasn't charged there would be no suspension.

Then apparently, a lot of players are smoking weed just before they take the test like a bunch of knuckleheads, because a lot of them are getting caught. :)

However, I think you have that rule incorrect. Too lazy to go look, though. :)

Does that mean that he is a restricted free agent next year?

No. He will still be a UFA.  I believe it just means that he agreed in his contract that he will stay with the team if we match the offer.

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 4m4 minutes ago

Not sure when or if we'll hear today from Galette or #Redskins GM Scot McCloughan on the Galette signing/Breeland suspension.

Peter King @SI_PeterKing 6m6 minutes ago

RICHMOND, Va.-Ran into Jay Gruden. Says Junior Galette told him, “I just need one chance.” Could be great shot at a cheap+motivated rusher.

Well, not sure I like the guy but I like the signing.  He will be hungry this year, as this year makes or breaks his career, and we can cut him if we get even a wiff of trouble.  Plus, we have enough depth at that position we dont feel a need to keep him to compete.

Maybe a little bit concerning that Scherff is at G on the second day of camp. Have they been seeing something that they dont like about him at RT?

Very concerning. And, yes, it will be a disappointment if he has to flip inside to guard, regardless of how some may try to spin it.

On marijuana, if the league can fine you for wearing the wrong colored socks or suspend you for taking medication prescribed by the doctor or worse, over the counter stuff... then, I have no qualms about marijuana leading to suspensions.

It has nothing to do with legality. It has everything to do with the image the league wishes to present to the world.

You remind me of a poster on here last year or the year before, who had INSANE trade ideas, every day, every thread, every hour.

If you would have continued to perhaps say "and move RGIII to safety", I would swear you would be him.....

I honestly cannot remember the last time I suggested trading for anybody the news of the contract came out for Russell Wilson and it just came to my mind how I think he is a better quarterback than Aaron Rodgers and that I would take him any day..??

InScotWeTrust @diehardskins21 6m6 minutes ago

As a woman I don't like the Gallete signing. As a fan, I LOVE it. I believe in second chances. Let's hope he redeems himself. #HTTR

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 3m3 minutes ago

I gave the #Redskins LB position a B+ in my pre-training camp outlook. If Galette stays in line it's an A-.... only b/c of Riley. Nice unit.

Breeland suspended for the first game of the season for having weed a year ago.

Marijuana is legal in several states. It is not a PED. The NFL is waaay behind on this issue.

Yeah, but in, I believe, 48 states, it's not. So, he broke the law. Breaking the law now brings NFL punishment. It's the same for everyone in the NFL, if he thinks smoking weed is more important than making millions of dollars during his short 10 years, if he's lucky, career, then he should find a new job that allows him to smoke weed. 

If you're in the NFL, it's still a privilege. Live by the rules, then smoke like a bonfire the day you retire. It's that simple. When the NFL changes their policies, then it's a different matter, but listening to people say, "well it's shouldn't be against the rules" when it is, and after they've been caught (though Breeland didn't say this) is ridiculous. You know the rule, live by it if you want to play. It's simple.

Well. Our pass rush just got one hell of an upgrade. That should help the back 4 out a lot. With this front 7 we are going to find out how good Dallas' OL really is for sure.

Hell yeah. Can't wait for that matchup.

Anything remotely interesting happen today I should know about without trawling through pages and pages?

Gallette signed with the Skins for minimum and 1 year. Breeland is suspended for one game for last year's marijuana incident. 

I think that's really it.

Very concerning. And, yes, it will be a disappointment if he has to flip inside to guard, regardless of how some may try to spin it.

Not necessarily true. Zack Martin was a tackle in college, but the Cowboys moved him to guard. He made the all pro team as a rookie. Anywhere you can get an all pro is worth the pick. 

Dujunnea Bland @NotBland21 12m12 minutes ago

Junior Galette bring a new level of nasty and grit to this #Redskins defense. GM Scott McCloughan brings gets him for a pack of gum. #sjtalk

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 17s17 seconds ago

Lots of ?’s about Murphy and P. Smith. Answer: I doubt #Redskins will look back at 2015 and think they had too many pass rushers.

Skins Squad @SkinsSquad 2m2 minutes ago

Skins Squad retweeted Kevin

Yup. Get off your high horses. You'll enjoy watching this dline play.

Skins Squad added,

Kevin @HTTR24_7
People really complaining about signing one of the best pass rushers in the league for league minimum? Please... Great signing by SCOT

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 3m3 minutes ago

Rich Tandler retweeted Evan Silva

Pretty good pass rush for #Redskins now.

Rich Tandler added,

Evan Silva @evansilva
Kerrigan & Galette combined for 23.5 sacks in 2014.
Preston Smith had 9 in SEC.
J Hatcher & S Paea combined for 11.5.
Brian Orakpo had 0.5.

Washington Redskins @BR_Redskins 4m4 minutes ago

http://BleacherReport.com  - Junior Galette to Redskins: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction: http://ble.ac/1SoBtT4

You know I was on the fence, then I saw the video, He was involved in an all out brawl on the beach, this was not a guy beating on just woman, though he did use a belt on a woman. The circumstances looked out of control, don't know what happened before or after that....

I don't know anything about the guy and haven't bothered to look up stuff on him. So, from a football perspective, that looks like a pretty mean front 7. From a character perspective, from what I've read in here, he sounds like he's a d-bag.

As for the brawl, keep in mind I haven't seen the video, it sounds like Allen Iverson's supposed bowling alley fight.

Maybe a little bit concerning that Scherff is at G on the second day of camp. Have they been seeing something that they dont like about him at RT?

I'm not really concerned if he ends up as a guard as long as Moses is a good tackle. Scherff would be a HELL of a guard. Draft position is meh for me since the rookie cap limits the salary cap damage you can do to yourself with a bad pick. If he ends up being a pro-bowl guard, I'm perfectly happy with that, AS LONG AS Moses can improve enough to be a good RT.

If not, we're sort of ******.

Every pre-draft analyst seemed to predict Scherff being a potentially pro-bowl caliber guard. They also had issues with him being drafted as a RT. Honestly, I don't care if he moves to guard. If he plays at a high level, and locks down one of our guard spots, I won't care that he was technically overdrafted.

Not sure how you can suspend a player a full year after the fact.  Especially with the following change to the rules:

Marijuana discipline: The punishment for a positive test is also changing. As is the case now, a first-time offense lands the player in the substance abuse program without a suspension. The primary difference is the punishment for a second positive test: simply a two-game fine. Each additional violation receives the following progressive discipline: four-game fine, four-game suspension, 10-game suspension. A player can therefore test positive for marijuana three times without getting suspended.

Not sure how you can suspend a player a full year after the fact.  Especially with the following change to the rules:

Marijuana discipline: The punishment for a positive test is also changing. As is the case now, a first-time offense lands the player in the substance abuse program without a suspension. The primary difference is the punishment for a second positive test: simply a two-game fine. Each additional violation receives the following progressive discipline: four-game fine, four-game suspension, 10-game suspension. A player can therefore test positive for marijuana three times without getting suspended.

That's the rule for pot being found in your system.

Breeland was charged with possession, not use.

Archived