Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Tom Hanks' son defends using the N-word

G.A.C.O.L.B.

Through their struggle they earned the right to use the word. Them and ONLY them. It's not that ****ing complicated.

The problem is that you are saying "They" as if it is the feeling or wishes of ALL black people. This is clearly not the case.  The use of the word by blacks has opened to door to others and that's their fault.  I deal with it every day (I teach HS) and not ALL black people are happy or ok with the word being used by other black people let alone people of other races.  I hear the word 50 or more times a day. 10-15 times by non black students.  We've had several hurt feelings incidents through out the year.  Finally, I know a lot of black teachers who are extremely offended by ANYONE using the word.

Interesting in this day and age nobody is calling him a racist

Guess if you are white and use that word in 2015, you're not a racist, you're an idiot. Is that progress, or all are of you just dumb?

I'd say attempting to use it as a term of endearment just because you fashion yourself as a rapper could possibly be dumb and not necessarily racist.

I mean c'mon he's gotta have some black friends.

or, maybe....

tom hanks is a closet white gangsta' rapper that openly uses the n word, wears a clock around his neck and drinks st. ides

i can almost get it if he's just talking about rap lyrics.  from how i read it, he didn't seem to limit himself to that.

once its in your lyrics, its in your lexicon... there is no splitting that.    

...that is why i accidently find myself dropping heteroskedasticity and orthogonal into everyday conversation.  the language you use is the language you speak, i just happen to be a damaged  econ-stats nerd rather than a rapper.   

Even Eminem won't use the n-word, and he regularly raps about beating and raping women.

He had his own run in with saying racist stuff. The way the story really came out it never gained mainstream media attention and he apologized and I don't think many cared.

I'm not real in-tune with the rap/hip hop community, so I may be understating the level of care.

He had his own run in with saying racist stuff. The way the story really came out it never gained mainstream media attention and he apologized and I don't think many cared.

I am not sure that's how the story goes. Pretty sure he flat out denied the accusations and it was never proven.

Could be wrong and not gonna Google

I am not sure that's how the story goes. Pretty sure he flat out denied the accusations and it was never proven.

Could be wrong and not gonna Google

We may be thinking of two different things?

He wrote a racist song about an x girlfriend he was mad at that was black. It was published. He then apologized for it in Yellow Brick Road on his fourth major album.

He definitely can't/didn't deny it. It was all in songs :)

You know, we live in a world of seemingly endless privilege. The richest kings of Europe in the 19th Century had none of the luxuries I have in my tasteful suburban home. Nobody in human history has ever been as rich or free or pampered as we are.

And in return for that, you are asked to do one thing: Not say the goddamn n word if you are white.

That's pretty much the list.

I don't get why this is a seemingly endless debate.

We may be thinking of two different things?

He wrote a racist song about an x girlfriend he was mad at that was black. It was published. He then apologized for it in Yellow Brick Road on his fourth major album.

He definitely can't/didn't deny it. It was all in songs :)

we might be.  or i could just be wrong.  lol

edit:  i think it was specifically the use of the "n" word that he denies.

And I'm not sure why blacks want to say to begin with....

ignorance is ignorance

Not sure why non-blacks want to say it to begin with...

Like dude took the time out of his day to defend his usage of a slur.  Idiot. 

Not to derail things, but do y'all think that is what people think of us who defend the Redskins name?

Archived