Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

excuse me?  I hate videos over articles because I have to listen to people talk for longer than it takes me to read the article

Oops, I owe you an apology!  I thought you meant that you preferred the video.  My fault!

Has anyone made it through the 2015 NFL season yet?  Some points that were brought up here while everyone was watching the Skins Panthers game were also mentioned:

Perhaps the focal point of Hatcher's moaning appeared to be a second quarter pass from the PanthersCam Newton to Greg Olsen which was knocked into the air when Redskins CB Chris Culliver collided with Olsen. The pass was subsequently intercepted and returned 75-yards for a touchdown, putting the Redskins up 20-14. Except the play was called back as Culliver was flagged for unnecessary roughness for hitting Olsen in the "head/neck area."

Now I've heard some sports pundits say of this play, "Well, big deal. It was called back. The game was still tied 14-14 at the time, and from that point on the Panthers dominated to win 44-16." This is true, but what about something called momentum? If the 'Skins were suddenly up 21-14 (after the extra point), wouldn't that have necessarily changed the entire flow of the game? Might not that have altered each team's approach to the remainder of this contest? 

• Like 1

^^Great site!  read the article about the 2015 season and while I don't agree with all of his points, I did notice alot of the same stuff during the year.  My focus was always on the Redskins but I definitley remember them talking about how Aaron Rogers was practicing hail marys all pregame with Richard Rogers and then they amazingly win the game that way.  And everyone saw the Peyton Superbowl coming a mile away.

One thing he didn't touch on was the impact of fantasy sports which I think the NFL is trying to take full financial advantage of before its deemed "illegal".

The one thing that scares me about this upcoming season is that we just made a huge investment in a cornerback whose style of play last year basically made the NFL institute their new ejection policy for unsportsmanlike conduct. (see this post: http://es.redskins.com/topic/388511-the-conspiracy-thread/page-7#entry10461583)

We know the Giants never play fair when it comes to the refs (http://es.redskins.com/topic/388511-the-conspiracy-thread/page-5#entry10358097)

While I do think we have a MUCH stronger team this season (both mentally and physically), if there is one team that will try and use the rules to their advantage against us, its Competition Committee Chairman ****head Mara.

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1

I don't know how so many people have missed that neither OBJ nor Norman would have been ejected during that game last year under the new rules.

Whether or not they would have, that game was one of the major reason the new policy was discussed in the first place and put into action.

"Neither player was ejected -- though everyone agrees Beckham should have been tossed. Days later, the NFL suspended Beckham for one game."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25527754/nfl-passes-automatic-ejection-rule-for-2016-season

But you are correct that the policy that the NFL ended up adopting was different from the one Goodell originally discussed

In his answer, Goodell specifically said he’d like to see an automatic ejection for two personal fouls — not just for two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, which is the rule the NFL ended up adopting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/28/ejection-rule-differs-from-goodells-initial-comments/

At the very least, our new star CB plays with a style that made the commissioneer take notice and address in the offseason.  Going forward,I would expect him to be under the spotlight of the refs if for no other reason than the team he plays for and the "marquee" matchups against Dez and OBJ that the network is already building up.  It will be interesting to see how the calls go. 

Edited by Reaper Skins

^^Great site!  read the article about the 2015 season and while I don't agree with all of his points, I did notice alot of the same stuff during the year.  My focus was always on the Redskins but I definitley remember them talking about how Aaron Rogers was practicing hail marys all pregame with Richard Rogers and then they amazingly win the game that way.  And everyone saw the Peyton Superbowl coming a mile away.

One thing he didn't touch on was the impact of fantasy sports which I think the NFL is trying to take full financial advantage of before its deemed "illegal".

There is an interview with David Knight of Infowars.com (the Alex Jones Show) where they open that entire can of worms.  Very interesting: http://www.thefixisin.net/interviews.html

And a book:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014VLUBWU/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1  You can click on the look inside to read some of it.  Again, good stuff to pass the time but idk how seriously I'd take all of it :)  But then again, if you put on the tin foil hat for a minute you can always follow the money and see where that leads you

Edited by Thirtyfive2seven
  • Like 1

At the very least, our new star CB plays with a style that made the commissioneer take notice and address in the offseason.  Going forward,I would expect him to be under the spotlight of the refs if for no other reason than the team he plays for and the "marquee" matchups against Dez and OBJ that the network is already building up.  It will be interesting to see how the calls go. 

I strongly believe that the first player to be ejected with the new rules will most probably be either OBJ or Norman during week three. And the conspirationist in me thinks that odds are against Norman.

We are going to build a wall around the stadium.  And opposing fans are going to pay for it. Were going to send those illegal fans back to there home teams. These others teams aren't sending over there best fans. They're sending over there worst. They're not contributing to the greatness of the Washington Redskins. Lets make the Redskins great again! Lets build A wall!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

From the Twitter thread:

This is a pretty interesting article.  The league is willing to sacrifice continuity in order to allow specific refs with specific tendencies to call specific games.  From the article

"It's fair to ask if these steps are truly meant to address some of the NFL's officiating problems from last season, or simply to minimize exposure. It also leads to questions about whether the league is prioritizing some games (and teams) ahead of others."

Based on our recent history with officials over the years (like Mike Carey who refused to call Redskins games because of personal bias), i will be interested to see which crews get assigned to our games each week, and the number of specific penalties that get called based on years past.  Beckham vs. Norman in week 3 certainly seems like one of these "marquee matchups" that the NFL is hyping.  Should we expect a higher concentration of subjective calls like  "unnecessary roughness" or "pass interference" that week?  Seems like another example of the NFL being able to subtly influence the flow and outcome of games.

Edited by Reaper Skins

I've gotta say I like the idea of swapping crew members, IN THEORY. However, I have seen zero evidence that anything administered by NFL Management works according to plan. So, I'll go out on a limb and say this is going to be an outright disaster.

The refs are already opposed to it, probably mostly because it's a change and people generally don't like change. I also think some of them must worry about being exposed or punished via this system. 

My suggestion would be rather than trying to fix the system by changing how it works, put more effort into proper training of your officials in how to call penalties consistently regardless of the teams/game situation. That would be much more valuable.

Sources close to the situation tell me Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell is facing a four-game suspension for violation...

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 21m21 minutes ago

Mark Bullock Retweeted Master Tesfatsion

Two huge breaks for Washington

Mark Bullock added,

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes
First Martavis Bryant, now the #Redskins are gonna miss Le'Veon Bell too it seems. https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/756478234187792384 

Here's my conspiracy theory, and it has to do with Scot Mcloughan and Kirk's contract. Long time lurker, and I wanted to make a thread on it but it would probably be locked since I'm new, but here goes.

Many say that it will be close to impossible to re-sign Kirk next year because he holds all the leverage, and I agree to an extent, and many don't understand Scot's hardline stance on the subject. Some in the local media have been saying that maybe Scot feels he can just replace Kirk with another guy, and many are blasting that thought.. and rightfully so since good quarterbacks are so hard to find. Nobody knows that better than we do here in DC, because of the parade of 23 guys we've had not be able to stick around since the last Super Bowl.

Maybe Scot DOES feel that Kirk is replaceable, either because he isn't "his" type of qb, or feels he can build the roster good enough so guys like a Trent Dilfer type qb can win, or both.

Looking at the history of qb's that Scot has picked or had a hand in picking, there may be some merit to the thought.

Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernik, Russel Wilson, to name a few are mobile, athletic guys, who are smart and tough. There are also quite a few no name qb's drafted during his spans with the 49ers and seahawks, but those are the notable ones, none are considered "great" they all have flaws but each had overwhelming rosters that enabled them all to reach championship games and super bowls.

So taking Scot's comments about "he's not going to set the franchise back and lose 3 or 4 players for one guy", or "he's going to build the roster good enough that Kirk can just be average and still win" makes me think that he really does have faith in the strength of the roster and feels like another qb could step in and make an impact in year 2 like Kaep and Wilson did, without the team missing a beat. I think this is the real reason for his stance on the Kirk situation,  IF the deal with Kirk doesn't get done, he will find another guy to step in and succeed, and he's done it before...

That's my conspiracy theory :)

• Like 1

I would bet more that the NFL will call less PI and holding in that game because of the volatility of the 2 players with each other

I bet than this will be the first game where we'll have a player ejected for 2 PF and that player will be Josh Norman.

Because we're the Redskins, they two don't like each others, and one of them is playing for John Mara and is a supposed great player. (with a tendancy to punch opponents and act like a diva without being noticed).

Sources close to the situation tell me Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell is facing a four-game suspension for violation...

Mark Bullock ‏@MarkBullockNFL 21m21 minutes ago

Mark Bullock Retweeted Master Tesfatsion

Two huge breaks for Washington

Mark Bullock added,

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes
First Martavis Bryant, now the #Redskins are gonna miss Le'Veon Bell too it seems. https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/756478234187792384 …

Good thing we don't have a history of letting backups have huge/career days against us :P

(James Starks 2013- https://packerperspective.com/2013/09/16/career-day-packers-38-redskins-20/)

(Matt Asiata 2014- http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Asiata-Highlights-vs-Redskins/695b24ec-319b-4481-9e81-5c173b2caa63)

(LeGarrette Blount 2015 - http://www.nfl.com/player/ruebenrandle/2533533/gamelogs?season=2015)

Hope they study up on a certain DeAngelo Williams

Edited by Reaper Skins

well...way to **** on our parade :( :P

• Like 2

We are going to build a wall around the stadium.  And opposing fans are going to pay for it. Were going to send those illegal fans back to there home teams. These others teams aren't sending over there best fans. They're sending over there worst. They're not contributing to the greatness of the Washington Redskins. Lets make the Redskins great again! Lets build A wall!

Lets not use this forum for political satire take it to the tailgate

I looked at my son, 3 weeks from leaving 4 college, and wondered: 'where did the time go?' then he moved and I found my watch. Whew.

To the conspiracy theorist above : Krappernick was drafted by baalke and Harbaugh.

Otherwise it pretty much isn't a conspiracy theory. Scot said he's not going to throw big money at one player so either he is bsing, Cousins takes a team deal later, or we try to make Cousins look like the next Tom Brady and trade him for 3 firsts to the Browns.

I bet than this will be the first game where we'll have a player ejected for 2 PF and that player will be Josh Norman.

Because we're the Redskins, they two don't like each others, and one of them is playing for John Mara and is a supposed great player. (with a tendancy to punch opponents and act like a diva without being noticed).

Is there any recourse we have for bringing this up in advance of the NYG games, basically stating that we are worried this might happen?

Probably not, but it is a valid concern because we know the Competition Committee is code for the "NFCE Committee to Defeat the Redskins and Cowboys."

• 2 weeks later...

We finally get a kicker who can boom it in the endzone on a consistent basis to combat our crappy special teams coverage units and now they move the touchbacks to the 25 yard line.  Was reading that they want Hopkins to learn to pooch it towards the goal line.  We saw how much of a disaster that was when Danny Smith had Graham Gano doing that.

• Like 2

We finally get a kicker who can boom it in the endzone on a consistent basis to combat our crappy special teams coverage units and now they move the touchbacks to the 25 yard line.  Was reading that they want Hopkins to learn to pooch it towards the goal line.  We saw how much of a disaster that was when Danny Smith had Graham Gano doing that.

Good thing Hopkins isn't known just for his power!

"Booming leg strength isn’t the only weapon that Hopkins possesses in his bag of tricks either. Coach Gruden refers to Hopkins’ onside kicks as “magic balls”, and the Redskins became the first team in the NFL to recover an onside kick in 2015, doing so against Tampa Bay in a heroic come from behind victory. Across the NFL, teams were 0-24 on onside kicks before Hopkins successfully placed the ball where only his hands team could get it."

http://redskinscapitalconnection.com/dustin-hopkins-a-rare-find/

• Like 1

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/josh-norman-truly-does-not-understand-where-all-criticism-coming-espn-first-take

I'm posting this article here just as an example of how far the national media is willing to go to make sure the "Redskins are financially irresponsible and shouldn't be taken seriously" narrative is still front and center.

First take spends the morning disrespecting the name, talking about whether Norman is overhyped, trying to bait him into disrespecting his new teammates by saying were not going to the Super Bowl like the Panthers, and getting on Cousins about his "you like that" slogan.  Lost among all of this is the fact that were having one of the most professional and well run training camps in team history, are working "extra hard" to avoid drama, and have gotten stronger across the board with serious competition at almost every position.  Not to mention ALL our veterans are totally buying in and working their asses off every day to prepare the young guys for the season.

**** ESPN.  Couldn't be less objective if they tried.

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/josh-norman-truly-does-not-understand-where-all-criticism-coming-espn-first-take

I'm posting this article here just as an example of how far the national media is willing to go to make sure the "Redskins are financially irresponsible and shouldn't be taken seriously" narrative is still front and center.

First take spends the morning disrespecting the name, talking about whether Norman is overhyped, trying to bait him into disrespecting his new teammates by saying were not going to the Super Bowl like the Panthers, and getting on Cousins about his "you like that" slogan.  Lost among all of this is the fact that were having one of the most professional and well run training camps in team history, are working "extra hard" to avoid drama, and have gotten stronger across the board with serious competition at almost every position.  Not to mention ALL our veterans are totally buying in and working their asses off every day to prepare the young guys for the season.

**** ESPN.  Couldn't be less objective if they tried.

Well, in fairness to ESPN, they use the name "Redskins" all the time. They just don't make their personalities use it that don't want to.

Kellerman was actually the real asshole about the name. I like how Ryan Clark straightened him out about the name and about Dan Snyder. :)

• Like 1