Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

Worth noting.

Pete Morelli's crew was punished by the NFL for their atrocious week 12 game calling and removed from officiating the Redskins/Cowboys Monday night game.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2594691-pete-morellis-officiating-crew-reportedly-removed-from-cowboys-vs-redskins

Perhaps the NFL doesn't trust these refs to follow the script and reassigned them?  Either way, seems like we dodged a bullet by not getting stuck with the NFL's least competent officiating crew in arguably our biggest game of the year.

Also, in an added twist, I added the below article because it originally said that this crew was supposed to officiate the Monday night Redskins/Cowboys game but as of 10:20 this morning the story was changed to say that they lost the chance to officiate the Sunday night Colts/Steelers game.  Sort of a weird discrepancy....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/01/pete-morellis-crew-yanked-from-week-13-sunday-night-game/

This is good news. We get Walt Andersons crew instead. They are a solid group.

• Like 1

Recap of Cowboys Game HiJinks

1.  Tablets not Working for Dallas, forces Washington to not use technology either.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/12/7/9869478/dallas-cowboys-washington-tablets-printers-technology-is-bad

Combine this with the fact that the Dallas defense, known as the least blitzing in the entire league, spent the whole game blitzing on almost every play.  Commentators mentioned several times during the broadcast how uncharacteristic Dallas' defensive schemes looked. Redskins were unable to make adjustments for entire game.  Any chance Dallas planned this ahead of time, went technology free on purpose and then did a 180 on their blitzing philosophy in order to gain a competitive advantage?  Neither team's offense was having any success for almost 3 quarters but while Dallas was missing throws and not doing much on offense, The Redskins were able to connect on numerous momentum shifting plays, only to have them called back on penalties.

2.  Coach Gruden spoke out about the numerous questionable calls against the Redskins 

“It’s frustrating because I don’t know if some of them were penalties, that’s the problem,” Gruden said. “The offensive PI on Pierre, he’s running a route, I don’t know what you tell Pierre. That’s a route he was supposed to run. He did exactly what he was supposed to do. [He] ran a flat route to DeSean Jackson to get a first down and they call offensive PI. I have no idea what we tell Pierre there. That’s what we coached him to do.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/8/jay-gruden-irked-offensive-pass-interference-penal/

Video evidence of the play here:

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/904968

Edited by Reaper Skins

Recap of Cowboys Game HiJinks

1.  Tablets not Working for Dallas, forces Washington to not use technology either.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/12/7/9869478/dallas-cowboys-washington-tablets-printers-technology-is-bad

Combine this with the fact that the Dallas defense, known as the least blitzing in the entire league, spent the whole game blitzing on almost every play.  Commentators mentioned several times during the broadcast how uncharacteristic Dallas' defensive schemes looked. Redskins were unable to make adjustments for entire game.  Any chance Dallas planned this ahead of time, went technology free on purpose and then did a 180 on their blitzing philosophy in order to gain a competitive advantage?  Neither team's offense was having any success for almost 3 quarters but while Dallas was missing throws and not doing much on offense, The Redskins were able to connect on numerous momentum shifting plays, only to have them called back on penalties.

2.  Coach Gruden spoke out about the numerous questionable calls against the Redskins 

“It’s frustrating because I don’t know if some of them were penalties, that’s the problem,” Gruden said. “The offensive PI on Pierre, he’s running a route, I don’t know what you tell Pierre. That’s a route he was supposed to run. He did exactly what he was supposed to do. [He] ran a flat route to DeSean Jackson to get a first down and they call offensive PI. I have no idea what we tell Pierre there. That’s what we coached him to do.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/8/jay-gruden-irked-offensive-pass-interference-penal/

Video evidence of the play here:

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/904968

I really doubt that the Cowboys went blind in an effort to cheat. Interesting thought though!

As for the OPI, that call was horrendous but didn't cost us points (we got a FG on that drive and, let's be honest, we weren't going to get 7). There was that illegal crackback block or whatever against Grant or Crowder or Ross that backed us up out of FG range earlier in the game. That one probably did cost us a chance at points. 

However, I am aware of which thread I'm posting in...I don't think any of this is a conspiracy just simply bad calls that went against us. The worst call of the night may have been the OPI on Witten. He didn't do anything. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the Giants hopes for the season hanging in the balance, they were forced to go up against arguably the best team in the league, with arguably the best corner in the league.  No problem though right?  They have Odell Beckham.  As long as he's in the game the Giants will have a shot to beat the undefeated Panthers.

Despite numerous punches, spears, offensive interference, unneccessary roughness penalties, and helmet to helmet hits, Odell Beckham was not ejected from the game despite the league office saying he should have been.

By allowing him to stay in the game, the refs allowed the Giants an unfair competitive advantage.  They scored 28 unanswered points, topped off with a touchdown to Beckham for the game tying score with less than two minutes left in the game.  Now, the Panthers got a field goal to win it, so while it did not affect the final outcome, this absolutely deserves more attention.  This was clearly a case of letting a team's "big name star" stay in the game in order to keep the game close and exciting and give the Giants every opportunity to win the game.

As the article below states, he'll probably be fined, but if the Giants ended up winning the game yesterday, would any amount of fine really undo the injustice of letting Beckham stay in the game?

"At a minimum, Beckham and others will be heavily fined for the repeated acts of extracurricular violence. But with well over $100,000 in fines levied against the Steelers and Bengals only two days before the Panthers-Giants game was played, it’s safe to say that taking money doesn’t have the same deterrent effect as taking a player off the field.

With Beckham, the officials and coach Tom Coughlin failed to do it. The question for Monday is whether the NFL will."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/21/suspension-possibility-looms-for-odell-beckham/

Josh Norman commenting on the hit saying Beckham shouldn't have been allowed to keep playing

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14408956/josh-norman-carolina-panthers-rips-odell-beckham-jr-says-new-york-giants-receiver-field

"When asked if he is concerned about facing further punishment from the league for his helmet-to-helmet incident, especially with so much attention surrounding head injuries, Beckham said, "Not really."

Edited by Reaper Skins

If the Eagled beat us on Saturday, then week 17 will be much more interesting for several big market teams, which means higher TV ratings.

But the NFL wouldn't throw games for the sake of ratings, would they?

According to inside sources, because of Odell Beckham's multiple flagrant fouls against Carolina, the NFL has decided to suspend Teddy Bridgewater for week 16.

• Like 3

And that is EXACTLY what I've been saying about the Brady/Pats so called contract for years.

You just know that there has to be some sort of shenanigans going on. It is the Cheatriots after all.

I mean, Brady makes less than bottom 10 in the NFL starters who should really be backups.

As a Redskins fan, this one line especially made me mad.  

"If Brady profits from the arrangement, “then this would seem to be in violation of the salary cap, at least in spirit,'' said Daniel Rascher, a sports economist at the University of San Francisco who has consulted for the NFL."

The "spirit" of the salary cap was enough to cost us 32 million.  Doesn't exactly seem like an even enforcement of the rules does it?

And that is EXACTLY what I've been saying about the Brady/Pats so called contract for years.

You just know that there has to be some sort of shenanigans going on. It is the Cheatriots after all.

I mean, Brady makes less than bottom 10 in the NFL starters who should really be backups.

hahahaha.  I have always thought this.  I mean you guys checked out Brady's house?  its got to be 30 mil.  So I bet the Patriots are like we will pay you this much in dollars and this much in Euros...hahahaha

I wouldn't get too caught up in the Brady owned company thing. If there's evidence that the Patriots were funneling millions to him that way, then sure.

As far as his salary goes, I'd assume at this point in his career he's more concerned with cementing his legacy than making money playing football. If that means getting paid millions less than he's worth, he'd probably be willing to do that.

After all, regardless of how much money the Pats pay him, it's a paltry number in comparison to how much his wife makes. Per Google, Brady has a net worth of $120m. His wife's net worth is close to $400m. So yeah, I could absolutely see Brady being willing to get paid way less than he's worth to have a better shot at more Super Bowls.

As far as his salary goes, I'd assume at this point in his career he's more concerned with cementing his legacy than making money playing football. If that means getting paid millions less than he's worth, he'd probably be willing to do that.

After all, regardless of how much money the Pats pay him, it's a paltry number in comparison to how much his wife makes. Per Google, Brady has a net worth of $120m. His wife's net worth is close to $400m. So yeah, I could absolutely see Brady being willing to get paid way less than he's worth to have a better shot at more Super Bowls.

QFT. He knows no matter what he has enough money for a very comfortable life. People remember how many Super Bowls you won...not how much you made.

LOL yeah Brady is just taking one for the team, ok buddy.

The Patriots would be idiots and lose their entire fanbase if they turned down Brady's demand for 20+Mil a year but instead they put it in asian market mutual funds or gold bars that line Bradys backyard hot tub then everybody acts like the Cheatriots would never do something like that. Yeah, ok, sure. It'll come out one day.

• Like 2

LOL yeah Brady is just taking one for the team, ok buddy.

The Patriots would be idiots and lose their entire fanbase if they turned down Brady's demand for 20+Mil a year but instead they put it in asian market mutual funds or gold bars that line Bradys backyard hot tub then everybody acts like the Cheatriots would never do something like that. Yeah, ok, sure. It'll come out one day.

See, this to me is the precisely accurate level of cynicism that this item deserves, if you can honestly say outloud that "No, Brady? Kraft? the Pats? Something shady? Neverrrr!" then.... well, sorry, this is an IQ test and you failed

On Brady's money, it's certainly possible that there's something going on with that contractor, who knows.  Worth investigating, but I don't think his playing salary vs. house cost is an issue.  Giselle Bundchen is worth something like 386M.  She's loaded, and can afford whatever house she wants.

I agree with all of you and see everyones points in every post made. I believe most of us know the NFL is corrupt most of the way through. If you watch games closely you can see whats goin on most of the time. I hate to say this....but I believe the NFL wants the Manning bowl this season. I know that looks unlikely seeing how both the NYG and DEN Broncos look. Keep in mind I would much rather see Skins win in PHI and close the deal on the NFC East! But odds are WAS will lose while PHI and NYG win this weekend so call 3 teams are 7-8 headin into the final week of the season....this way the media has a field day with this....and ratings will be higher as more people will tune into these games. Unfortuantely WAS will get hosed by the refs as they have most of the season...especially on the road. Look at the Skins record on home games vs away games....very bogus.

Edited by bjcarte
  • Like 1

If any of you want to make serious $ on these NFL games....bet PHI TEN PIT NYG DEN to win. Reasoning...the NFL obiously wants the NYG and IND Colts to win their divisions, therefore NYG PHI and TEN must win....as for DEN and PIT...the NFL wants both teams in the playoffs.DEN has a media circus goin on with the so called "QB Contraversy"...PIT is loaded and an NFL favorite with how they are stacked this season. I made good $ on OAK over SD last night....reason for betting....OAK Raiders are movin to Los Angeles next season....of course they were goin to win their final home game in OAK. I bet based on obvious NFL Fixes. Now is the time of year to make serious $ on it when you know who the NFL wants in the playoffs, and the tie breaker scenarios and exactly what needs to happen for teams...like IND and NYG...to get into the playoffs.

How do I get this cheerleader name off my profile? There is no place for me to edit this in my profile.

Edited by bjcarte

• 3 weeks later...

Here's one I thought of this weekend: What if the NFL wants Super Bowl 50 to be a rematch of Super Bowl 1?

I hate to be "that guy", but I have a horrible feeling the NFL is pulling for a repeat of superbowl 1 to use as a storyline. Packers and Chiefs.

I want the Redskins to win so badly I can taste it, but I'm not expecting any favors when it comes to officiating

Lol I wrote the same thing in the prediction thread yesterday.

- Packers td before the half should have been negated on an illegal shift penalty but wasn't.

- Reed ruled down on a non review able call.

- Pass interference called on an uncatchable ball.

- Not a single holding call called on Green Bay all game.

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 2

Lol I wrote the same thing in the prediction thread yesterday.

- Packers td before the half should have been negated on an illegal shift penalty but wasn't.

- Reed ruled down on a non review able call.

- Pass interference called on an uncatchable ball.

- Not a single holding call called on Green Bay all game.

7 penalties on us, only 3 on GB.