Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Cop Flips Pregnant Woman's Car While She Tries To Pull Over Safely

A woman in Arkansas is suing a State Police trooper who flipped her vehicle while she was trying to find a safe place to pull over. She wants to change how and when the police department applies the PIT maneuver against drivers and fleeing suspects.

The dashcam video released this week is so incredibly frustrating. The woman behind the wheel, Nicole Harper, was driving home on I-67 last year when seasoned veteran of the State Police force Senior Cpl. Rodney Dunn attempted to pull her over for speeding. Fox16 has what happened next:

Dunn says she fled, Harper clams she was trying to find a safe place to stop on a section of interstate that has a reduced shoulder.

Dash camera video from Dunn’s patrol car showed Harper pulled into the right lane, slowed down, and turned on hazards.

Less than two minutes after turning on his blue lights, Dunn performed a PIT maneuver, which caused Harper’s car to crash into the concrete median and flip.

“In my head I was going to lose the baby,” said Harper, who was pregnant with her daughter at the time of the crash.

Dunn’s body mic recorded him talking with Harper after the crash.

“Why didn’t you stop?” Dunn questioned.

“Because I didn’t feel it was safe,” Harper said. Dunn responded, “well this is where you ended up.”

Harper went on to say, “I thought it would be safe to wait until the exit.” Dunn said, “no ma’am, you pull over when law enforcement stops you.”

We all know police chases are totally worth it, but this one is particularly worth it because Harper was actually doing exactly what she was supposed to do.

UKRrSY=

Click on the link for the full article and video

Jackson County deputy on trial Day 2

The trial of a Jackson County Sheriff’s deputy began Monday morning in Marianna.

Zachary Wester is accused of pulling citizens over, planting drugs on them, and arresting them on fabricated charges. He faces more than 60 charges including racketeering, official misconduct, perjury, fabricating evidence, false imprisonment and possession of a controlled substance, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Click on the link for the full article

Texas Woman Gets Prison Time for False 911 Calls That Led to Botched Drug Raid and Deaths of Neighboring Couple

A Texas woman whose false 911 calls led to a botched 2019 drug raid that resulted in the death of both homeowners and their dog was sentenced on Tuesday to three years and four months in federal prison, local news outlets reported. The botched raid—which also left five officers injured, one of whom is now a paraplegic—also caused the Houston Police Department to investigate the entire narcotics division responsible for the raid, exposing extensive corruption within its ranks that ended with 12 current and former officers being indicted.

Ex-Minnesota trooper admits sending himself explicit photos of woman he detained

A former Minnesota State Patrol trooper has admitted in court that he texted himself explicit images from the phone of a woman he had arrested last March.

Albert Kuehne, 37, detained the 25-year-old on suspicion of driving under the influence and took away her phone.

He then went through the phone without consent, sent himself three of her photos and then deleted the messages, investigators said.

The woman's boyfriend later found the outgoing texts on a linked device.

Mr Kuehne was placed on administrative leave in May 2020. He was arrested last June and charged with two felony counts of stalking with bias.

His admission of the crime on Tuesday was part of a plea deal that will see him instead convicted on one count of a gross misdemeanour for "non-consensual dissemination of private sexual images".

On 6/14/2021 at 5:10 AM, skinsmarydu said:

Which still shouldn't be considered to be confrontational.   But it is. 

Eh, it's a dumb move on dude's part whether it's confrontational or not.  Basically asking to get tazed or worse.  I think it's common knowledge at this point for everyone that you do not ever make a reach move for anything.

On 6/14/2021 at 5:10 AM, skinsmarydu said:

Which still shouldn't be considered to be confrontational.   But it is. 

I dunno. I realize he was probably reaching to take off his backpack or something, but if you've been stopped by a cop (or cops in this circumstance), putting your hands in your pockets or reaching for something without asking them if it's ok first is pretty much always a bad call. Yeah the likelihood is that it's something innocuous, but they can't really take that chance.

That said, I do think they should have instructed him to keep his hands away from his pockets and not reach for anything before tasering him. 

Lawsuit: Chattanooga officers arrested Black man who reported 14-year-old girl's crash

A lawsuit alleges that Chattanooga Police officers falsely arrested a Black man who had called them to report that a white teenager had crashed into a building.

In May 2021, Michael James, a Hamilton County resident, filed a lawsuit against the City of Chattanooga and several officers, saying they violated his civil rights during an incident that happened last year.

According to the lawsuit, James had been driving in Chattanooga around 4 a.m. on May 6, 2020, when he saw a Nissan SUV "traveling in an erratic and dangerous manner," and that it almost hit his vehicle.

James said there were two people in the SUV, both of them minors, with the driver being a 14-year-old white girl. The lawsuit alleges that at one point the teens 'flipped off' James, and then ran a red light before going off road and hitting a building.

When officers arrived after he called 911, James - who is African American - said one of the officers pointed a gun at him, and he was handcuffed. James said he and his car were searched without his permission, and that he was tested for intoxication. The lawsuit says he had not consumed any alcohol or drugs.

He says the officers did not do the same for the 14-year-old girl who had crashed the vehicle. She was not arrested or charged, in spite of her not having a license or insurance for the vehicle, the attorneys said.

Ohio officer on leave after video shows her patrol cruiser running over gunshot victim

A police officer in Ohio is on leave after dashcam video showed her patrol cruiser running over a shooting victim, who died shortly afterward, officials said.

Springfield police Officer Amanda Rosales was behind the wheel of an SUV cruiser Sunday night when the vehicle ran over Eric Cole, 42, according to video from inside the cruiser.

Cole, a Black man, was lying on his back in the street and bleeding heavily from wounds to his left arm and his left shoulder, police said.

210617-eric-cole-dash-cam-ew-233p.jpg

• Sad 4

• 2 weeks later...

Off-Duty Rhode Island Cop Under Investigation For Shooting Teen Driver Leaving Pizzeria Parking Lot

A police officer in Rhode Island who shot an allegedly unarmed teenage driver while off-duty Wednesday evening has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation, several news outlets reported this week.

A surveillance camera in the parking lot of Wicked Good Pizza in West Greenwich revealed some of what happened in the moments before Pawtucket Police Officer Daniel Dolan fired at a car carrying three teenagers, hitting the driver in the arm.

The footage, first obtained by Providence, R.I. ABC affiliate WLNE-TV, shows a black Audi sedan being driven by an 18-year-old male driver slowly pull into the pizzeria parking with a white pickup truck in close pursuit. After entering the lot, the truck goes around the left side of the Audi, cutting the vehicle off in a police-style maneuver. Dolan immediately exits the vehicle and appears to draw a handgun from a waist holster. The Audi goes into reverse and retreats from the parking lot with Dolan, gun pointed at the car, following close behind. The car and Dolan exit the frame for a few seconds; Dolan runs back to his truck and quickly exits the lot in the same direction as the Audi.

The state Office of the Attorney General on Thursday announced that the office, as well as the Rhode Island State Police and the West Greenwich Police Department, were jointly investigating the matter.

The AG’s press release stated that Dolan was off duty and traveling home on Route 95 Wednesday evening when he “encountered a black Audi sedan occupied by a driver and two passengers” and “attempted to detain the driver of the Audi.”

“In the ensuing moments, the details of which remain under investigation, Officer Dolan discharged his firearm, striking the driver of the Audi in the arm,” the release stated.

The teen, who has not been identified, was transported to Rhode Island Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

An attorney representing the three teens, two of whom are brothers, told WLNE-TV that there were no weapons in the Audi and none of the teens were aware that Dolan was a police officer.

• Sad 1

On 6/15/2021 at 9:43 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Eh, it's a dumb move on dude's part whether it's confrontational or not.  Basically asking to get tazed or worse.  I think it's common knowledge at this point for everyone that you do not ever make a reach move for anything.

Exactly. Even a Heil Hitler/Tя☭mp  salute can be misinterpreted by a cop as a threat and get you shot. 

On 6/19/2021 at 10:51 AM, Larry said:

Just pointing out. Running over somebody who's laying in the road MIGHT simply be "cop had his head in the computer". 

Or she was just doing what cops do. I’ve become convinced that this kind of thing simply isn’t going to stop until one or perhaps both of two things starts happening, i.e. more videos of white victims of this crap starts to go viral and/or families of victims start to take justice into their own hands. Note that I’m not saying that’s what I would do, nor am I suggesting anyone else do such a thing. Just pointing out what it’s going to take IMO.

7 hours ago, China said:

watched the video. i'm still trying to comprehend why the shooter wasn't arrested (just "placed on admin leave"). he wasn't on-duty or threatened (he literally chased after the car with his gun), so none of the usual cops weak-ass excuses for murdering people even apply here

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 1