Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

DIXON, Calif. - A woman who pulled off a road to change seats with her father so that he could drive instead of her, was knocked unconscious and arrested by two Northern California sheriff’s deputies, who then lied about the encounter to responding paramedics and on official reports, according to a federal lawsuit filed Wednesday

• Sad 2

City of Longmont pays nearly $1,600 in toll fees after stolen license plate used

The City of Longmont has paid nearly $1,600 in toll fees billed to a woman whose stolen license plate was being used by a city employee.

According to internal police memos obtained by The Denver Gazette, Stephen Schulz, acting sergeant of the Longmont Police Department, took a stolen license plate from the department's property and evidence room and used it on an unmarked, take-home police car.

Schulz is also the president of the Colorado Fraternal Order of Police.

The license plate was originally on a car owned by 52-year-old Debra Romero and her husband. Romero said she and her husband sold the car but kept the license plate, which was later stolen from them.

"Well, we were moving at the time — we lived in Adams County. During that time, somehow the license plate got out of our hands and into the wrong hands because we had different people moving with us," Romero said.

The license plate later turned up in an abandoned car found by Longmont police. Officers contacted her and her husband.

"[My husband is like], 'Oh, no, we no longer have the car. You can destroy it [the license plate]. So, the police said, 'OK, we'll go ahead and do that.'" she said.

The license plate was never destroyed. Instead, Romero said it was placed on the back of an unmarked, take-home police car where it racked up E-470 toll fees from July to October of last year.

"They just kept coming, and they kept accruing charges, and I was just like, 'This isn't me,'" she said.

The total came to $1,592.72, according to Romero.

"Then, reading the Gazette, I found out some more information about the officer. I was just in shock. I just couldn't believe it, and it was sad because I spoke to the officer that was using the plate. He told me, 'Let me investigate and I'll get back to you,' so it was actually him that was using it."

On Friday, Romero said city leaders apologized to her. In addition, she was told that the City of Longmont had paid the nearly $1,600 toll fees.

Click on the link for the full article

‘I’m a Cop’: Off-Duty Police Officer Allegedly Grabbed Woman’s Hips During Karaoke, Punched Her Husband

An off-duty police officer put his hands on a woman’s hips and, after she rejected him, punched the woman’s husband, cops in New Smyrna Beach, Florida allege.

The suspect is Naci Tuzcuoglu, 29, of the City of Edgewater Police Department, according to WKMG.

He approached a woman singing karaoke at the restaurant and sports bar Peanuts, authorities said in a WFLA report. Tuzcuoglu allegedly put his hands on her hips. The woman figuratively shot him down, telling him she was married and not interested in him.

The officer allegedly would not let this go. The woman went outside and spoke to her husband, according to the story as told in the WKMG report. Tuzcuoglu went outside as well, however, and punched the man in the face, knocking him into a flower pot, officers said. The man sustained a small cut at his left eye and nose, but he refused medical care, cops said.

Tuzcuoglu had punched him multiple times, officers said in the WFLA report. Investigators described him as referencing his job in order to taunt.

“I’m a cop,” he allegedly said. “What are you gonna do about it?”

Police arrested Tuzcuoglu for a count of misdemeanor battery. Tuzcuoglu posted a $500 bail, court records say. He has no attorney of record.

‘Pain compliance’: Video shows trooper pummeling Black man

Graphic body camera video kept secret for more than two years shows a Louisiana State Police trooper pummeling a Black motorist 18 times with a flashlight — an attack the trooper defended as “pain compliance.”

“I’m not resisting! I’m not resisting!” Aaron Larry Bowman can be heard screaming between blows on the footage obtained by The Associated Press. The May 2019 beating following a traffic stop left him with a broken jaw, three broken ribs, a broken wrist and a gash to his head that required six staples to close.

Bowman’s encounter near his Monroe home came less than three weeks after troopers from the same embattled agency punched, stunned and dragged another Black motorist, Ronald Greene, before he died in police custody on a rural roadside in northeast Louisiana. Video of Greene’s death similarly remained under wraps before AP obtained and published it earlier this year.

Federal prosecutors are examining both cases in a widening investigation into police brutality and potential cover-ups involving both troopers and state police brass.

State police didn’t investigate the attack on Bowman until 536 days after it occurred — even though it was captured on body camera — and only did so weeks after Bowman brought a civil lawsuit.

The state police released a statement Wednesday saying that Jacob Brown, the white trooper who struck Bowman, “engaged in excessive and unjustifiable actions,” failed to report the use of force to his supervisors and “intentionally mislabeled” his body camera video.

Before resigning in March, Brown tallied 23 use-of-force incidents dating to 2015 — 19 of them targeting Black people, according to state police records.

• Sad 1

I don't know that I would take action like those gents did. I am extremely surprised officer friendly didn't find an excuses for himself to execute them right there in the streets. It takes a lot of balls to do what they did. It borders on stupid, but that definitely not the word for it. Crazy maybe. 

32 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I don't know that I would take action like those gents did. I am extremely surprised officer friendly didn't find an excuses for himself to execute them right there in the streets. It takes a lot of balls to do what they did. It borders on stupid, but that definitely not the word for it. Crazy maybe. 

Yeah I can completely understand their anger and frustration, but that right there is a potential felony assault on a police officer and can net you up to 10 years in jail per DC law. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I can completely understand their anger and frustration, but that right there is a potential felony assault on a police officer and can net you up to 10 years in jail per DC law. 

The guy that threw the trash can was charged with assaulting a police officer. 

That situation could have very easily been Baltimore all over again. They just happen to be a bit older.

As Kansas City Police Resist City Control, Department Refuses To Respond To Audits

Five years after the Kansas City Auditor’s Office released recommendations to improve KCPD’s take-home vehicle policies, there has still been no response from the department.

The Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department should monitor how often employees who are granted “take home” police cars actually respond to after-hour emergencies. It should consider prohibiting employees from transporting family or friends with department vehicles. And it should track how much the use of take-home vehicles costs the department.

These were three of the 11 recommendations included in a 2016 audit of the department’s use of take-home vehicles. Five years later, the city auditor’s office still hasn’t heard from KCPD about whether any of its recommendations were ever adopted.

The department’s refusal to cooperate highlights a longstanding frustration on the part of city leaders, who must fund the police department but then relinquish control over how the money is spent.

The city auditor’s office uses an Audit Report Tracking System to track the follow-up to its recommendations. These reports are filled out by the department that was audited.

Once an ARTS report is filed, the implementation status of recommendations is reported to the City Council. The check-in process continues every six months until every recommendation has been designated as “implemented” or “not implemented.”

The problem? KCPD has never submitted an ARTS report for the take-home vehicle audit. The department is governed by a state entity, the Board of Police Commissioners, not by the city. Lack of local control means there’s no easy way to make the department comply with the rules of a city audit.

New Orleans 911 Dispatcher Accused Of Repeatedly Hanging Up On Emergency Callers

A Louisiana 911 dispatcher is currently on the run after authorities in New Orleans claim she allegedly fielded several emergency calls and then hung up on people.

According to Law and Crime, Precious Stephens, 25, is accused of malfeasance in office and interfering with an emergency communication. A report taken by the New Orleans Police Department report reveals Stephens allegedly disconnected calls without gathering the necessary information and not relaying calls to other dispatchers to help. 

Aurora police violate laws, use excessive force and racially biased practices, according to state report

The Aurora Police Department uses excessive force and racially biased police practices and violates state and federal laws as part of its patterns and practices, according to a 14-month investigation by the Colorado Department of Law whose results were released on Wednesday by Colorado Attorney General Phil Weiser.

The Department of Law is recommending the city enter into a consent decree to change its policies, training, record keeping and hiring practices and will require the city to pay an independent monitor to update its progress to courts and the public on how it is implementing changes. Weiser said at a news conference if the city does not cooperate, his office will seek a court order to implement the consent decree.

The Department of Law and city of Aurora will have 60 days to come to an agreement on the consent decree.

“This is going to involve a back and forth, not just with the city, but with experts and with community member,” Weiser said Wednesday regarding the next steps in the process. “We recognize the significance in this document. So, we haven't done this by ourselves, the law calls for it to be a collaborative process and that's the way we're developing.”

Weiser said Aurora police showed a “consistent pattern of illegal behavior” at “many levels of the department.” According to his office, the department “does not create and oversee appropriate expectations for responsible behavior, which leads to the use of excessive force and the violation of the civil rights of its residents.”

On 8/23/2021 at 4:24 PM, China said:

City of Longmont pays nearly $1,600 in toll fees after stolen license plate used

The City of Longmont has paid nearly $1,600 in toll fees billed to a woman whose stolen license plate was being used by a city employee.

According to internal police memos obtained by The Denver Gazette, Stephen Schulz, acting sergeant of the Longmont Police Department, took a stolen license plate from the department's property and evidence room and used it on an unmarked, take-home police car.

Schulz is also the president of the Colorado Fraternal Order of Police.

Gonna take a wild guess and say this guy still on the job and still the FOP president.

New Haven police officer faces DUI and other felony charges after high-speed crash kills a fellow officer in Las Vegas. Robert Ferraro has been placed on administrative leave.

A New Haven police officer faces felony charges including driving under the influence after an early morning crash killed a fellow officer in Las Vegas on Friday.

Officer Robert Ferraro, who has been placed on administrative leave, appeared in a Las Vegas court Saturday morning. Ferraro, 34, has been charged with reckless driving, driving under the influence of alcohol and/or a controlled substance resulting in death.

Joshua Castellano, a seven-year-veteran of the New Haven Police force, died at a hospital shortly after the 4 a.m. crash. He was 35. The accident remains under investigation.

Ferraro’s bail has been set at $100,000, and he is due back in court Tuesday, according to WTNH-TV. Ferraro, of East Haven, has been placed on paid administrative leave while the department conducts its own investigation, acting New Haven Police Chief Renee Dominguez said.

State Attorney files charges against former Orlando officer of the year

he Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office has filed criminal charges against a former Orlando Police Officer, “Officer of the Year,” sources tell News 6.

State Attorney Monique Worrell has filed charges against Jonathan Mills for sexual battery by a law enforcement officer, a first-degree felony, along with a second charge of battery.

In 2017, the Orlando Police Department praised officer Mills for helping a man fill out a job application near Lake Eola.

In 2018, Mills posted a photo after OPD named him Patrol Officer of the Year, but during his time with the department, Mills also had a string of allegations of showing racial bias and lying in police reports — and now come criminal charges.

Caila Coleman is an attorney and Chair of OPD’s Citizens Review Board and says Mills’ name is a familiar one.

“He has been involved in several investigations,” Coleman said. “His cases came before us several times, and every time we reviewed a case, his actions were egregious.”

The sexual battery by a law enforcement officer and battery charges stem from a traffic incident in 2014.

But an Internal Affairs investigation shows a markedly different reality — for one thing, the officer was not just eating a burrito. He was driving through city streets and on Interstate 40 — with a prisoner in the back seat — at times steering his cruiser with his knee while he ate three burritos, one after another.

The policy violation? Not operating an official vehicle “in a careful and prudent manner.”

That wasn’t the only lapse. Investigators also found that the officer and his colleague had not followed policies regarding safely restraining a prisoner, wearing a seat belt and keeping a lapel camera running.

For the infractions the officers each received a letter of reprimand, not a suspension.

Who could have seen police unions being big liars?