Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

On 12/16/2017 at 4:37 PM, NoCalMike said:

Is there any backstory to that video?  Why the hell was the dog released onto a guy on his knees with his hands on his head like he was surrendering?  And WTF was with the "stop resisting" comments by the cops?   I swear if someone tells me a jury said "eh, nothing wrong"

You know how this thing works. It’s all kabuki designed to confuse bystanders and allow the jury to absolve them later without dealing with a guilt trip.

On 12/16/2017 at 5:43 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

They would have had to pay me a whole lot more than $17,500.

B215289C4D1F586C4FF0FB8739C62891E8BF4644

On 12/16/2017 at 8:30 PM, Llevron said:

I'm honestly afraid I'll run from the police if I'm ever in that situation and they will kill me. I would be terrified if they sent that dog after me 

My personal goal is to put up with and survive whatever they dish out so that I can get my own brand of justice later. The mantra is “Do your worst pigs, I’ll see you later.”

Forced out over sex, drugs and other infractions, fired officers find work in other departments

The 13-year veteran fought to get his job back but lost.

Even so, he returned to patrol months later — working for a nearby police department.

Dykes is one of dozens of officers forced out of the New Orleans department over the past decade for misconduct who were given badges and guns by other departments, according to a Washington Post analysis of state and city employment records, police personnel files and court documents. At a time of increased scrutiny of police nationwide, the ease with which fired or forced out New Orleans officers found work at new departments underscores the broader challenge that law enforcement faces to rid itself of "bad apples."

Sleeping, buying sex on duty

Police officer Carey Dykes arrived near the French Quarter just before dawn as fists were flying and fires were burning in the street. Soon, bottles were flung in his direction.

It was Feb. 16, 1999, and Dykes was quickly joined by a dozen other officers as the Mardi Gras party descended into chaos.

By the time it was over, police had jailed nearly 60 people. In the aftermath, Dykes, other officers and the city faced two federal lawsuits from people who alleged that they had been falsely arrested and were beaten by police. In the suits, witnesses said they saw Dykes and another officer "brutally beat" a man with nightsticks.

The city settled the two cases for a combined $60,850. In 2001, Dykes and the city were sued again: A pregnant woman said she was assaulted by Dykes as he tried to arrest her and her then-husband outside a French Quarter strip club.

"That cop, Dykes, came up to me before I could get all the way up off the ground and slammed me back down on the ground with my face in the ground and kept saying, 'Keep still. Don't move. Don't move,' " the woman, Chantal Jarrell, now 45, said in an interview.

The city and the officers generally denied the allegations, but settled her suit for $400.

Records show that during the next decade, Dykes was suspended three times for violating department policies, including failing to follow instructions and filing incomplete reports.

Then, in July 2010, a woman told police officials that an officer was paying women for sex. She told internal affairs investigators that the officer — whom she identified as Dykes from a photo lineup — spent some of his nightly shifts cruising the streets "picking up working girls." She complained that she had sex with him but was never paid.

The woman, who was not identified in the investigative reports, said Dykes picked her up in his squad car on July 4 and took her to the London Lodge, a nearby motel.

She said that she took a shower and emerged to see Dykes naked. The two then had vaginal and oral sex without a condom, she said.

Motel records showed that Dykes rented a $45 room, checking in with his driver's license at 2:50 a.m. — in the middle of his patrol shift.

Investigators set up a sting.

Over several days, police recorded the woman speaking with Dykes on the phone while he was on duty. In one recording, the woman said she had a bacterial infection when they allegedly had unprotected sex and told him that he might pass it on to his wife.

Dykes said he was not worried about a bacterial infection. "Only STD will affect me," he told her.

On the sting's fifth night, investigators watched Dykes park his squad car at the London Lodge at 3:35 a.m. Almost an hour later, a 911 call came in from nearby: Two men had wrecked a Chevy Tahoe and fled on foot armed with assault rifles.

A dispatcher radioed Dykes to respond to the call but got no answer from him.

Ten minutes after the initial 911 call, the neighborhood erupted in gunfire, prompting five additional calls to 911.

Dykes's white marked patrol car did not move, records show. Concerned, one of the officers watching Dykes approached his police cruiser: Dykes was inside asleep. The surveillance officer snapped a photo.

At 5:15 a.m. Dykes drove off and later wrote in his activity report that he had responded to the shooting.

The internal affairs investigation found that Dykes had violated department rules 17 times, including not devoting his entire shift to his police duty, transporting a civilian in his work vehicle, dishonesty and failing to respond to a dispatcher.

Dykes initially denied many of the allegations and said he did not have intercourse with the woman. When confronted with the findings of the surveillance, he admitted to having oral sex with the woman at the motel and failing to respond to the shooting.

Three months later, in February 2011, Dykes was fired. He appealed, but an arbitrator upheld his dismissal.

When reached by phone, Dykes, 44, said of his firing: "It happened over seven years ago. I'm not worried about it." He declined to answer questions or comment further.

When Delgado officials made contact with New Orleans to verify Dykes's prior employment, they were told to contact New Orleans's public integrity division. It is unclear whether anyone from Delgado did.

On Aug. 5, 2011, the community college offered Dykes a job with its police force, hiring him for about $12,000 less than he said he had made in New Orleans.

Delgado spokesman Tony Cook said in an email that the college could not say why it hired Dykes despite his previous firing, whether the college had checked Dykes's references or whether the officer has faced any disciplinary action since his hiring.

In July 2016, while still employed at Delgado, Dykes secured a second job at the Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office as a reserve deputy sheriff. Orleans Parish officials declined to be interviewed. He continues to work at both departments, records show.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

Read that yesterday. Still pissed! I can understand hiring someone because of politics at their last job. How do you hire a guy who sleeps during calls and has sex with prostitutes on his shift? Let that guy go be a security guard. Y'all want to be good cops stop protecting obvious scumbags.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/22/2017 at 8:49 PM, LD0506 said:

Now I'm sure that wasn't just some innocent kid, he's been naughty this year, won't eat his veggies and colors outside the lines, it's not fair to go blaming the cops again.

From the article:

"The boy, Kameron Prescott, was inside the trailer, although Salazar said deputies didn’t know anyone was at the home in the San Antonio suburb of Schertz."

So police will assume the suspect had a gun (she did not) but they aren't prepared to assume people might be inside a home.  Good to know.

• Sad 2

I wasn't aware the NYPD had done that.  It was accepted that a man had died that shouldn't have, so no matter how you feel about the officer who killed him what does that accomplish?  How does anyone see that and not immediately realize how disgusting that is?  Shameful. 

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Wow...that's ****ed up. 

Caught this on yahoo.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gainesville-apos-hot-cop-apos-151013116.html

I'll never understand why people put crap like that on a public forum, creating a permanent, traceable record of their ****ed up, bigoted  beliefs. 

Concentration camp jokes? Good grief. People are dumb. 

• Like 3

On 12/30/2017 at 6:42 PM, Destino said:

I wasn't aware the NYPD had done that.  It was accepted that a man had died that shouldn't have, so no matter how you feel about the officer who killed him what does that accomplish?  How does anyone see that and not immediately realize how disgusting that is?  Shameful. 

They feel like they can't ever make mistakes. It's what happens when someone or a group avoids any accountability for their actions for generations. Over time, they begin to actually believe their disgusting behavior and actions are justified. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...