Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

2 hours ago, The Sisko said:

Sooo, during the school shooting, kids were running for their lives, teachers were doing human shield duty while heroic officer friendly waited it out like an ole punk ass. Nah, officer friendly ain’t bout dat life.

http://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/news/school-resource-officer-at-fla-school-resigns-didnt-enter-building-during-shooting/67-522196647

Heard about this but didn't believe it.  Good guy with a gun, huh?

All of my boys hung out Saturday night and my homeboy I keep telling yall about was there. He was telling me about how he is trying to get out of law enforcement. Said again, HE doesn't even trust the police. Said the bad guys are the bad guys and the good guys are the bad guys too. Doesn't even trust them to watch his back. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Kinda debunks the whole “they put their lives on the line for you” BS excuse you hear the pro-corrupt cop crowd spew. 

The majority of them do, which is why it is news when they don't.....such as in this shooting or the ones where they watched people drown ect.

They are certainly not required to rescue you or risk their lives by law.

AMARILLO, Texas — A Texas Panhandle shelter worker who wrestled a gun away from a man holding hostages was then shot by a police officer who mistook him as the suspect.

Amarillo police say they received a report Wednesday of a man holding dozens hostage in the chapel of Faith City Mission, a shelter serving the indigent and others.

An officer confronted a man inside holding a gun and shot him. Police say the investigation revealed the man who was mistakenly shot had moments earlier fought with the gunman and took away his weapon.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/02/15/us/ap-us-hostage-call-mistaken-shooting.html

Even good guys with a gun can get it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, twa said:

The majority of them do, which is why it is news when they don't.....such as in this shooting or the ones where they watched people drown ect.

They are certainly not required to rescue you or risk their lives by law.

It seems more like it becomes news when they get caught not putting their life on the line. No one would know anything about these cowards in Parkland if there wasn't video evidence supporting it. And yes, I know the SC has ruled they not are required to rescue me or risk their life for me, which is why I wish the pro-corrupt cop crowd would stop trying to shame those who want police reform by pretending they do. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

It seems more like it becomes news when they get caught not putting their life on the line. No one would know anything about these cowards in Parkland if there wasn't video evidence supporting it. And yes, I know the SC has ruled they are required to rescue me or risk their life for me, which is why I wish the pro-corrupt cop crowd would stop trying to shame those who want police reform by pretending they do. 

You have to wonder how much we would be talking about this if they didnt actively pay people off, control the law and the people who are supposed to be enforcing it, lie and cheat to stay out of the news.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

what does this even mean?

it means the Tailgate went downhill years ago, I find more fulfilling intellectual outlets for discussion and debate elsewhere.  Even when people get things right (as on this thread, at times) they still get a lot wrong.  And I'm not going to change their mind in this context.  

3 hours ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

it means the Tailgate went downhill years ago, I find more fulfilling intellectual outlets for discussion and debate elsewhere.  Even when people get things right (as on this thread, at times) they still get a lot wrong.  And I'm not going to change their mind in this context.  

I think it's pretty obvious that changing anyone's mind in any context is a rarity. So, if that's the criteria, you're probably going to want to stop discussing things with people at all. The best you can ever do is throw your .02 in with some good evidence and hope that eventually, it rattles around in their head enough that it catches on and that you're (not meaning you personally) open-minded enough for it to happen the other way around. Ditto that for others reading the exchanges you have with someone. There are a lot of smart people here and I've learned a lot from some of them over the years. The others (you know who you are) have at least been a good excuse to drink periodically. Speaking of which... :pint:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Video shows cop punching man repeatedly in head after stopping him on sidewalk

The Camden County Prosecutor's Office is investigating the actions of a Camden County police officer caught on video punching a man in the head 12 times after stopping him on a street, officials confirmed.

http://www.nj.com/camden/index.ssf/2018/02/video_shows_cop_now_on_leave_punching_man_12_times.html

34 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Yep. Can't believe they would actually have laws that allow sheriffs to keep the windfall. Like who doesn't see this is an obvious conflict of interest. Some old school corruption.

It's an old statute.  It's from back in the day when the sheriff's Aunt Ginny would cook for the two or three people being held in the local rural jail, and then the sheriff could keep the $2.25 in nickels and dimes left over.

It was never meant to be a slush fund doubling the guy's salary.  And it wasn't meant to be an incentive to feed the inmates the barely legal nutritional daily requirements of slop so Sheriff Fatso could buy a beach house on the Redneck Riviera.

And on top of that, Sheriff Scumbag trumps up drug trafficking charges on the guy who brought this to light, overruling the local police who had jurisdiction on what they deemed was a simple pot possession charge.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

It's an old statute.  It's from back in the day when the sheriff's Aunt Ginny would cook for the two or three people being held in the local rural jail, and then the sheriff could keep the $2.25 in nickels and dimes left over.

It was never meant to be a slush fund doubling the guy's salary.  And it wasn't meant to be an incentive to feed the inmates the barely legal nutritional daily requirements of slop so Sheriff Fatso could buy a beach house on the Redneck Riviera.

And on top of that, Sheriff Scumbag trumps up drug trafficking charges on the guy who brought this to light, overruling the local police who had jurisdiction on what they deemed was a simple pot possession charge.

well good for that... because THAT portion is illegal .... hope some ashamed DA bumps up THAT and gets his ass in jail

11 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Yep. Can't believe they would actually have laws that allow sheriffs to keep the windfall. Like who doesn't see this is an obvious conflict of interest. Some old school corruption.

I'm always amazed by the sudden inability to get the records when stuff like this is discovered.  Every time one of these corrupt sheriffs gets caught they are being "sued" for records, and that's a process that takes a lifetime.  Yet when an average citizen slips up, a cop can pull a warrant out of his hat faster than a hungry street magician.  Why is it that the public and media have to investigate officials and basically build a case for so long before some official investigation actually does anything? 

Seems like the government has worked long and hard to make holding any of their own accountable, let alone seriously punished, is as unlikely as possible.  Poor people are rounded up and rot in jail because they can't make bail until they are forced to plead guilty, meanwhile cops aren't fired for lying in court or beating people.  As if being fired would even qualify as punishment, and they don't even get that.  Jails get caught abusing inmates and nothing changes, no active oversight just some half assed finger wagging.  Prosecutors hide evidence and nothing can be done because no one can prove intent.  Corruption charges against politicians become more narrowly defined and harder to prosecute while other laws, not aimed at the powerful, become more broadly defined.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

In the same Mississippi county that's currently being sued for running discriminatory, unconstitutional roadblocks in black neighborhoods, the now-sheriff forwarded a chain message about "white pride" containing a long list of racial slurs around the office.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Mississippi revealed the 2009 email, subject line "'White' Pride," in a tranche of exhibits that it says show a culture of casual discrimination and lax discipline. Current Madison County Sheriff Randy Tucker, who was elected in 2012, forwarded it to several of his Madison County colleagues.

The message is a sloppy chain message containing many common tropes among aggrieved white people, such as "How come there's no White History Month?"

Here's some of the lowlights:

white-pride-email.jpg?h=225&w=300

MCSD-email1.png?h=259&w=300

MCSD-email2.png?h=247&w=300

MCSD-email3.png?h=187&w=300

Last year, the ACLU and the law firm of Simpson Thacher & Bartlett filed a class-action civil rights lawsuit against Madison County, alleging it has subjected its residents to more than a decade of brazenly illegal and discriminatory policing—warrantless home invasions, unconstitutional roadblocks that appear only in black neighborhoods, and aggressive "jump out" squads that target young black men doing nothing more than walking down the street.

At the roadblocks, deputies run licenses for outstanding warrants and court fines as well as look for probable cause to perform searches. They also in some cases stop pedestrians. The ACLU argues that setting up roadblocks for general crime control purposes violates the Fourth Amendment on its face, even without the added discriminatory element.

As Reason detailed in an investigation last year, black residents of Madison County, just north of the state capital of Jackson, have felt under siege from the local sheriff's department for generations, but they have been almost totally ignored by the county government.

"We've all had problems dealing with Madison County," Quinnetta Thomas, the wife of one of the suit's plaintiffs, told Reason. "My situation is one of the prime examples of how Madison County works. They stormed in and made us feel unsafe in our own home."

Thomas captured video of a Madison County sheriff's deputy with his hand around the neck of her husband, whose hands were handcuffed behind his back. According to Manning and Thomas, deputies barged into their home at 7 in the morning and demanded they sign a false witness statement about a nearby robbery.

In a press conference today, the ACLU of Mississippi and Simpson Thacher presented new statistical evidence showing black residents make up the bulk of arrests and citations issued by the Madison County Sheriff's Department.

Despite making up 38 percent of the population of the county, black residents accounted for 77 percent of all arrests, 76 percent of all arrests at roadblocks, and 72 percent of all citations.

The ACLU also says data turned over by the sheriff's department reveals that, on average, the per capita rate of police roadblocks in predominantly black census tracts in Madison County is double the rate in predominantly white census tracts.

"That data has been statistically studied and controlled for other factors, and we think it's overwhelming," Jonathan Youngwood, a lawyer at Simpson Thacher, said at the press conference.

In testimony from depositions in the case, several former sheriff's department employees said that they heard deputies using racial slurs and that the deputies in question were never disciplined.

One of the other documents turned over to the ACLU and Simpson Thacher is the template case sheet for the department's narcotics unit. All of the fields on the form are blank, except three that are automatically filled in: "black," "male," and "arrested."

Another one of the plaintiffs in the case, Lawrence Blackmon, says that when he asked the deputies at his door to show him a warrant, he was handcuffed and held at gunpoint in his apartment. They then allegedly searched his apartment from top to bottom, never producing a warrant.

"There is a toxic culture that allows for a suspect-first, citizen-second mentality among many deputies," Blackmon said at the press conference.

Sheriff Tucker told The Clarion-Ledger last May that his department intends to "vigorously fight" the lawsuit. "Our deputies are professional law enforcement officials who enforce Mississippi laws," he told the paper. "If a law is broken, appropriate action is taken regardless of the race of the one breaking said law. As always, we have fairly and diligently executed the duties for which we are required."

Mississippi Sheriff's Department Gets Sued, ACLU Finds a Long 'White Pride' Email

Edited by BenningRoadSkin