Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

So i'm guessing we don't know or don't care why the voice on the video says there are two deputies down prior to them catching up to the guy?

i mean, they may have been exchanging socks. they may have been building a sandcastle, they may be napping or they may have been shot or run over or ... who knows.

All i know is the voice says "I've got two deputies down".. and this seems to not be a very key piece of the puzzle.

So what happened to the two deputies? Why are they said to be down?

I would assume it has something to do with the anger of the cops.

~Bang

I think that time and time again most people have shown they don't care about the events beforehand...only the police abuse of power after those events Edited by Xameil
  • Like 1

I think that time and time again most people have shown they don't care about the events beforehand...only the police abuse of power after those events

How much should we care about the events beforehand? <not sarcastic>

The linked article doesn't say anything about him hurting other cops.  But let's assume for the sake of argument he killed two in cold blood.  In that type of situation, about the worst imaginable, how much leeway do we give cops to continue beating a guy who's handcuffed and in custody, not resisting and maybe unconscious? 

I'm not going to go crazy over an unnecessary shot or two (or three or four...).  That guy got 2+ minutes of non-stop kicks, punches and nightsticks to the head and groin, mostly from like 4-5 guys simultaneously

Edited by Bliz

I think that time and time again most people have shown they don't care about the events beforehand...only the police abuse of power after those events

That is 100 percent accurate and is precisely as these discussions should go.

The Police should be held to a very high standard because they have remarkable power. The events beforehand don't matter - unless those events are continuing to put someone in danger.

• Confused 1

So i'm guessing we don't know or don't care why the voice on the video says there are two deputies down prior to them catching up to the guy?

i mean, they may have been exchanging socks. they may have been building a sandcastle, they may be napping or they may have been shot or run over or ...   who knows.

All i know is the voice says "I've got two deputies down"..  and this seems to not be a very key piece of the puzzle.

~Bang

I obviously don't know, but "I've got two deputies down" could simply mean "I see two deputies, down there". 

Somehow, I suspect that if two cops were shot or wounded or otherwise injured, we'll hear about it. 

~Bang

From Los Angeles NBC4 News:

Three deputies were injured during the search. Two suffered dehydration and a third was injured when kicked by the horse. All three were taken to a hospital for treatment.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 1

Three deputies were injured during the search. Two suffered dehydration and a third was injured when kicked by the horse.

[Voice on video]: I NEED TWO BOTTLES OF GATORADE AND AN  ICE PACK - STAT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Three deputies were injured during the search. Two suffered dehydration and a third was injured when kicked by the horse. All three were taken to a hospital for treatment.

thank ya much. So i guess they were just too tired to get in on the ass kicking.

Next time, I guess.

that indeed answers the question..   if the guy had shot two officers, i could forgive some anger.

If this guy is a serial rapist, ok, .. um, i might not see anything.

But this looks like nothing but a straight ass kicking of a guy offering no resistance at all. I'll be interested to know what he did.. that is a lot of cops zeroing in on a guy on a horse so I am assuming he is likely a major bad guy.. they practically landed on him with a helicopter.

~Bang

• Like 1

That is 100 percent accurate and is precisely as these discussions should go.

The Police should be held to a very high standard because they have remarkable power. The events beforehand don't matter - unless those events are continuing to put someone in danger.

And this is where I go back to just reading...because I completely disagree and i find it pointless to argue since no matter what you say and no matter what I say it won't change eithers opinion..I will just respectfully disagree, because I believe in cause and effect and that actions have reactions. If you don't know the actions, how can you know if the reactions are in line or not.

So, yes...you need to know what events led to the final outcome if you are going to convict someone in court or in the public eye. I don't care if he's a cop or not. Now should the cop be held to a higher standard? ABSOLUTELY!!! But that doesn't change the fact that the events beforehand are extremely important in determining the guilt or not, and severity of the guilt (intent)

thank ya much. So i guess they were just too tired to get in on the ass kicking.

Next time, I guess.

that indeed answers the question.. if the guy had shot two officers, i could forgive some anger.

If this guy is a serial rapist, ok, .. um, i might not see anything.

But this looks like nothing but a straight ass kicking of a guy offering no resistance at all. I'll be interested to know what he did.. that is a lot of cops zeroing in on a guy on a horse so I am assuming he is likely a major bad guy.. they practically landed on him with a helicopter.

~Bang

Yeah...seems a bit extreme for theft of a horse

Edited by Xameil

. I'll be interested to know what he did.. that is a lot of cops zeroing in on a guy on a horse so I am assuming he is likely a major bad guy.. they practically landed on him with a helicopter.

~Bang

When police attempted to serve a warrant regarding a case of identity theft, he fled in a Dodge Caravan.  Later, he abandoned the Dodge Caravan and stole a horse to continue his flight.

--

One commenter said "Why did he get the hell out of [the] Dodge?" 

I laughed.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2

wow.. that is a big ass whipping for essentially white collar crime.

By the way, thanks to everyone bothering to read this stuff for me :D I appreciate it,, it's been a hell of a week.

Not "trying to pull a Jesse James and getting my ass beat by an entire police force" bad, but..

~Bang

Edited by Bang

Do you think the beating is justified if the horse thief injured the two deputies?

Police beating a man is never justified; their job is not to dole out punishment, but to make the arrest. Sometimes their job does get physical and they have to defend themselves or wrestle a person to the ground or something, but that is different from a beating.
  • Like 2

Do you think the beating is justified if the horse thief injured the two deputies? 

I don't.  Take down by force, absolutely.  Continue to beat a guy after he was restrained, then more officers jump in and beat him for two more minutes like they are jumping him into a gang, absolutely not.

Their job is to capture, restrain, arrest.  Not beat a man senseless after the fact. 

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

At least horse thievery is no longer a hanging offense. That was crazy especially when the one cop ran up full speed from off camera and delivered a rib kick. It looked also like the guy threw off one of the cops at one point late in it.

If he had just killed two of them then i can understand human beings acting like human beings and reacting with anger and emotion.

But he didn't. and even if he only injured them (not attempted to murder them, in other words) then no, the beating is in no way justified. 

Some people DO deserve getting their ass beat, even if it's completely impolite to say so anymore. 

It doesn't look to me like this guy did at all, and in learning more of the back story, I tend to agree with the OP, some badges and guns need to be removed.

As it is, not only is the beating WAY exceeding anything that appears to be necessary,,   but that is a WHOLE hell of a lot of manpower and resources chasing down an ID thief in a minivan / horse.

I would assume they had a high speed or at least prolonged chase for that much to be used in bringing down a white collar crook.

~Bang

Edited by Bang