Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

I know it will be insulting to your personal myths that Black people don't care about anyone else and the the liberal media is ignoring all that reverse racism but you know what? It matters not one bit what the race of the victim is in this or any other police brutality case. Anyone of any race with a higher IQ than a potato (that pretty much covers everyone except maybe twa) would see this for what it is right away and would feel sympathy for the guy and outrage at the Blackshirts who beat the hell out of him. Given that, cops beating anyone like this on video is going to be a national news story regardless, especially so given the recent run the cops have had on video.

I know it will ruin your whole opinion that whites play the victim and think blacks get everything handed to them...or that I even give a **** about race, but my comment was directed at what most media does...you honestly can't deny it...white cop shoots black and it's mass media and no one cares about what events led upto it...black cop shoots white (see Salt Lake City) and crickets...no media coverage at all.

That's all I'm saying...it's the media that stirs this **** up...personally I don't give a ****...to each their own...white...black...red...yellow..purple makes no matter to me. It's the person and their actions that determine how I feel towards them..everything else is just window dressing...

...now if it's cyborgs...forget it...them ****ers guilty every time ;)

It seems to me the angry types are attracted to law enforcement careers.

Or become that way after years of dealing with the best that society has to offer. 

Police are people so there is no doubt that there are good ones and bad ones.  There are some that are having a bad day because of stuff completely unrelated to the job just like everyone else.  Except when it happens with them they aren't rude in some business meeting or surly in a job interview or take out frustration by giving someone a one week ban here.  It doesn't excuse it but can help to explain it. 

I've never been in law enforcement but grew up with it all around me and have at least one cop at every family function.  I did spend a significant amount of time in environments where day to day experiences could have life or death implications.  It wears you out.  Not every Iraqi was planting ied's or launching rockets.  But you know they are out there.  And it is very difficult to separate the ones who would do you harm from the ones who just want to live their life...no different than you.  Nothing pissed me off more than when some of our(America's) own guys did stupid **** that reflected poorly on the rest of us.  The Abu Ghraib's of the world and things similar.  I know through some limited anectdotal evidence that many cops feel similarly.(http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/think-walter-scotts-death-is-another-ferguson-cops-dont/2015/04/10/2f989444-dfa8-11e4-a500-1c5bb1d8ff6a_story.html)

I get the tenor of this board here these days.  Overwhelmingly "bad cops", "power hungry cops", "blue wall of silence", and my favorite are the folks that liken law enforcement here to Nazis(that's an impressive display of intelligence).  And there is no way to defend the indefensible(despite the best efforts of some of our antagonists here).  It happens that "good people" come in contact with a "bad cop" and those cops should be punished accordingly.  Personal opinion is that far more often that "good cops" come in contact with "bad people" and that can take its toll over the course of a week, months, years.  I have no idea why any decent person would want  the job. 

• Like 3

Can't find a way to justify the beating in the op's video.

Don't know what was going on in the Walmart brawl, or what laws the family was breaking, but if they were committing crimes, they're lucky they're all not dead. I feel I would have resorted to deadly force earlier than the cops did.

As for the Uber driver scenario, I don't think the policeman should be fired but he does need a suspension and schooling on how to react in such situations.. he was out of line.

Edited by sportjunkie07

Oh. My. God.  Here is the other side of the coin.  

The Cottonwood, Arizona released this dash cam footage of officers responding to a disturbance at a local Walmart.  They roll up to the family in the parking lot and were attacked by the father and five sons.  The resulting brawl goes on for several terrifying minutes.  Tasers are deployed. Nightsticks are used.  Pepper spray is shot. One of the sons wrestles for the gun of an officer, who is shot in the leg.  That son is shot and dies.  Officers tend to the wounded officer as the brawl swirls around them.

Sweet Jesus.

Edit: I see KAO Skins already posted.  Holy cow, though.  I've never seen anything like that.  

Edit 2: And they're a "family Christian band."

Edited by Dan T.

I'm sick and tired of police officers abusing their authoritah as if they were a grown up Eric Cartman. What these officers did is indefensible. 

There has been a spate of these incidents recorded recently, many through viral video. The guy in NY got choke slammed like it was some kind of WWE match and died. The homeless guy in LA (before this weekend's events) got tackled and taken down and killed. The guy in South Carolina, the guy in LA this weekend, it's all over the ****ing place. 

And people should be recording more. If you see something wrong film with your damn phone. That's the only way this **** will stop. When you bring this to public attention the outrageous abuse that's going on time and time again, only then will police departments get the ****ing hint that it's not right to abuse innocent people like that. 

Listen, I'm not saying these people are good people. The NYC guy was breaking the law. He was selling cigs illegally. The guy in question in SC was running away because he didn't want to go back to jail. But that doesn't mean you can kill these people. It doesn't. 

The guy in SC got tazed and was fighting back. So? Listen, I'm not a police officer. But if he's being tazed and resisting, can't you just keep tazing? Why did he have to get shot? People need to be held accountable. And what happened in SC was murder, no ways around it. 

Facts reflect that you stated "wolf".

You like facts from what I understand.

Are you placing people in an conversation that they are simply considered survivalist animals ?  

visit the link or use your intellect, I certainly consider them animals :)

Prolly would have been gun downed in the back as they ran away.

But yah, that was an intense video... Not sure why anyone would start a brawl with a bunch of cops around. 

I read that the family, originally from Idaho, had been living out of their Chevy Suburban in the Walmart parking lot in Cottonwood, Arizona for at least four days.  The original police call came because one of them allegedly assaulted a WalMart employee in a rest room.  Living in the parking lot, they were likely using the rest room as their personal bathroom.

So they're living out of a car... they got nothing to lose.  A night in jail would be more comfortable than crammed into a suburban or on the asphalt of a parking lot.

~~~~

The family bills themselves as a Christian band, "Matthew 24 Now," and had been seen playing on the streets of Boise, Idaho.

Here's their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Matthew24Now

Edited by Dan T.

Really bizarre followup on the Tulsa case: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/04/deputy-who-killed-man-after-mistaking-gun-for-taser-is-an-insurance-exec-who-pays-to-play-cop/

"According to Tulsa World, Robert Bates, 73, who made the fatal mistake that cost a man his life, is a local insurance company executive who has donated multiple vehicles, weapons, and stun guns to the Sheriff’s Office since becoming a reserve deputy in 2008."

and further down:

“Although he had training and experience for the arrest team, he’s not assigned to the arrest team,” Clark said of Bates’ role assisting the task force. “He came to render aid during the altercation, but he’s in a support role during the operation. That means keeping notes, doing counter-surveillance, things like that.”

Edited by balki1867

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/deputies-put-on-leave-in-violent-california-arrest/ar-AAaGek1?ocid=ansnewsap11

10 Deputies put on leave over the beating.

Love this gem from the end of the article:

[sheriff] McMahon said deputies had previously been called to Pusok's home where he allegedly made threats to kill a deputy and fatally shot a family puppy in front of family members. "We were very familiar with his aggressive nature," McMahon said.

I read that the family, originally from Idaho, had been living out of their Chevy Suburban in the Walmart parking lot in Cottonwood, Arizona for at least four days.  The original police call came because one of them allegedly assaulted a WalMart employee in a rest room.  Living in the parking lot, they were likely using the rest room as their personal bathroom.

So they're living out of a car... they got nothing to lose.  A night in jail would be more comfortable than crammed into a suburban or on the asphalt of a parking lot.

~~~~

The family bills themselves as a Christian band, "Matthew 24 Now," and had been seen playing on the streets of Boise, Idaho.

Here's their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Matthew24Now

Matthew 24 is often interpreted as apocalyptic in nature. The name of the band should therefore give some insight into the types you're dealing with.

The Walmart situation, Im Surprised all of them wasnt killed....These cops actually are throwing hands and wrestling with them!!! SMH Dont see that happen anywhere else!!

It seems weird to use the word "restraint" after seeing that. But really, those cops did what they had to do to get the situation resolved after being attacked. No more, no less. They deployed every less-lethal weapon in their arsenal. One person was killed, but he was killed because he engaged in a desperate struggle to take a gun from a cop. That's an invitation to be shot.

Kudos to the Cottonwood Police Department.

• Like 2