Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "I really want that guy" - 2015 edition! - Updated with who wants who, post 123

Voice_of_Reason

My list was getting way too long, so i'll restart under the assumption that we're talking about covet/reasonably acquired.

Leonard Williams

Danny Shelton

Shaq Thompson

Jaquiski Tartt

Laken Tomlinson

Hayes Pullard

Josh Shaw

Jaelin Collins

Shane Ray

Trae Waynes

Jeremy Langford

Duke Johnson

Jaelen Strong

Dorial Green-Beckham

Everything else is just icing on the cake. If we land just 2 or 3 off this list i would be over the moon. That list contains guys i really want in various rounds...with the understanding that it's very unlikely that we land any, let alone more than 1 of them.

Just my Draft wish-list.

Out of FA...?

I wouldn't really say there's anyone i really covet. There are a lot of good players, but i guess i'm so comprehensive of the idea that we may sign a bunch of "who?" guys that are meant to be glue guys with minimal cap impact that i'm extremely medium about FA this year.

I'd like the Eagles 1st and 2nd this year and their 1st and 2nd next year so they can get Mariotta if he is still there and then I'd like either Schreff Peat or Collins depending who is there when we pick with the Eagles selection. Then we would have 2 second round picks to look at defensive help.

If we pick 5 then Williams, Flower or Shelton in that order. If both Williams and Flower are gone I would not be upset if we took Cooper over Shelton if we feel Cooper just grades far higher than Shelton. Vic Beasley is another name to watch.

Cofield was a good guy, but not the space eater we really needed in the middle. Letting him go leaves Baker & Neild (I suppose there's an outside chance that we could re-sign Barry). Right now there's no reason to think we're not staying 3-4 so...

Danny Shelton, NT, Washington.

Ideal situation would be to trade down a spot or two and still get him.

I see a lot of wants for Williams and Shelton, but I'm really hoping for OU's Jordan Phillips lower down to fix the NT position long term.

Kids an athletic beast for someone so big and strong as an ox. And he's relatively fresh given his injury waiver cost him a year in Norman. Not many of my Sooners have impressed me this past year but Phillips is a glaring standout. Massive potential for a dominating NFL NT. 

This is my one dream pick form this upcoming draft. 

Hail. 

I see a lot of wants for Williams and Shelton, but I'm really hoping for OU's Jordan Phillips lower down to fix the NT position long term.

Kids an athletic beast for someone so big and strong as an ox. And he's relatively fresh given his injury waiver cost him a year in Norman. Not many of my Sooners have impressed me this past year but Phillips is a glaring standout. Massive potential for a dominating NFL NT.

This is my one dream pick form this upcoming draft.

Hail.

You think he could play de? With his length and quickness I figured he could be similar to ngata and make a living out there despite his size. Dare I dream of a shelton/phillips combo drafted in the 1st and 2nd? Probably unrealistic as phillips could go as high as Cleveland in the 1st.

No rankings:

5th Pick:

Leonard Williams

Danny Shelton

Donte Fowler

If we trade out of fifth, which I hope we don't:

Brandon Scherff(If we don't land Iupati)

La'el Collins

Landon Collins(ehh would love him with our second round pick, but a first would be reaching for a postiton we really need, with a weakness he wouldn't address in how bad he is in coverage.

2nd Round:

Jalen Collins

Denzyl Perryman

Cameron Erving (If we don't land Iupati and don't trade back)

Shaq Thompson

Dorial Green-Beckham

Kevin Johnson

3rd Round:

Marcus Peters

Ameer Abdullah

Chris Hackett

4th Round:

David Johnson

Durell Eskridge

Anthony Harris

5th Round:

Daryl Williams

Stefon Diggs

You think he could play de? With his length and quickness I figured he could be similar to ngata and make a living out there despite his size. Dare I dream of a shelton/phillips combo drafted in the 1st and 2nd? Probably unrealistic as phillips could go as high as Cleveland in the 1st.

More than likely given his athleticism, but honestly, the kids a gem and is everything everyone believes Shelton to be. Pure athleticism wise, it's not even close. Phillips is a rare beast for someone so big 

I'd draft him for where he's played and excelled in college. A dominating leader of a 34 D at NT. 

The best of the class this year for me 

Hail. 

Amari Cooper         WR

Eli Harold                OLB

Kevin Johnson        CB

Tevin Coleman        RB

Thyrus Thompson   OL

Cody Fajardo           QB

Bryce Hager            ILB

I'm biased and would love to see DGB end up in Burgundy & Gold only because he's a hometown kid from my town. Kid is a knucklehead though, and about as bright as a box of rocks. Hell of a physical specimen though, he's physically Calvin Johnson clone.

He is definitely a physical freak but that is all he has in common with CJ. If you watch DGB he doesn't run very good routes, doesn't run many types of routes, and doesn't seem to have the kind of understanding of the game that would be crucial in the NFL. Coming out of college, CJ was a physical freak but he was also known to have good football smarts and run very good routes. If DGB gets into the NFL and works his tail off to really sharpen his technique and understanding of the game and the playbook he could eventually turn into a seriously scary WR. However, given what I've read about him (as you said...knucklehead) I don't really see him doing that unless he suddenly has a borderline religious epiphany. 

Archived