Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "I really want that guy" - 2015 edition! - Updated with who wants who, post 123

Voice_of_Reason

Get me on board the Damarious Randall hype train. Safety out of Arizona State. 

Also:

Dante Fowler - DE - Florida

AJ Cann - OG - South Carolina

Tyler Lockett - WR - Kansas State

I would sincerely like to thank you for following Name - Position - School format. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few interesting themes came out of this fun exercise:

1. There were 59 players recommended in the draft portion.  The highest vote getter was Shelton, followed by Williams.

2. There were a lot more votes for WRs than I thought there would be.  (Not passing judgement, just interesting factoid to me.)

3. School with the most interest? Oklahoma and Miami with 3 each. 

Still want Shelton because I feel he is a rarity from a NT perspective. Very few truly dominate NTs every 5 to 10 years. Than surround him on the DL with big meanies like we see going on now. We can focus on LBs and secondary next year. I also think it is going to take at least two years to solidify the Oline.

I also think GMSM has a replacement coach in mind already. Someone available in the next year or two. He is putting together the roster for now/Gruden but also for that future coaches roster as well.

He ain't no dummy and if I were him I would have a very strong short and mid range comprehensive vision for this team.

The players I would target:

Pernell McPhee DL/OLB would be featured in the 4 man DL subpackage as DE or DT.

Da'Norris Searcy S

I would release Roberts (if cap feasible) and Garcon and sign Randall Cobb WR

Dan Williams NT

Stephen Paea DL (5-tech) and 4 man DL subpackage

The other spots I wait for cap cuts.

I would target Chris Clemons FS Arizona I figure they have to cut him because they have all their S back healthy.

I would keep an eye out got Antrel Rolle too

BTW-When it comes to the draft I'm going to be real time player specific, like last year.
I think it gets easy to say I wanted that guy in a general sense but much harder based on who's actually available. That's no different then posting a draft board which of course could include the bluechip prospects, which imo is easy.

swsws

Wow, this free agency period could actually be ****ing huge. 

I was just checking this list: http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/

(who knows if it is accurate)

There's a ton of names on it. A ton of big names too. This could be a big league-wide free agency period in 2015.  

Terrance Knighton is a free agent. Wow. Top of the list kind-of guy. I don't know much about the d-line draft class for 2015, except for the dude out at USC, but Pot-Roast Knighton has been layin' the lumber for years. 

I saw Julius Thomas' name in there. 

I also came across another of my 2010 favs in Bryan Bulaga. Damn those injuries, when he healthy he's on point. There's an option for an upgrade at RT. 

I saw a few CBs of interest. I saw Stephen Paea's name.

I came across Wisniewski's name, yea, he'd be a target for me, even saw Rodney Hudson's name. 

Silly list of free agents. 

I made my list long ago but didn't feel the need to amend it or otherwise qualify it, again.

All the names, all hit the market. 

I did write about a Rush-OLB in Jerry Hughes, in addition, and added a QB, (Mallet), to the FA thread. 

But I do my best work from August to December, in the fall, when football is actually going on.

And I'm big on first impressions.

That list from September was my first impression of the possible FA names. I value that. I try to revisit it. 

What I do each March, before free agency, and in April/May, before the draft, I go back to my posts from September to remember what my first, true and earnest fellings were.

To remind myself of the way I really felt, not get sidetracked or confused with the lights and shimmering distractions of the now. 

Dashon Goldson was just cut for cap reasons, we NEED this guy asap! 

Bucs will release S Dashon Goldson.

They've found a replacement in Chris Conte. The move saves $4 million, but also leaves behind $4 million in dead money. Signed to a five-year, $41.25 million contract in March 2013, Goldson was an abject failure both of his seasons in Tampa, performing as one of the league's worst safeties. That, coupled with his advancing age (31 in September), made him a no-brainer release for a team that's performed comically poorly in free agency in recent years. Despite his rough play the past two seasons, there should be no shortage of teams willing to take a flier on a player who was a first-team All-Pro in 2012.

Why? What in that article you posted screams we need this guy?

The fact that he was an All-Pro only two years ago, not to mention everyone seemed to suck in Tampa last year. Before he was signed, there were many of us that wanted him here in Washington. If he comes fairly cheap, he'd be worth the slight risk. 

The fact that he was an All-Pro only two years ago, not to mention everyone seemed to suck in Tampa last year. Before he was signed, there were many of us that wanted him here in Washington. If he comes fairly cheap, he'd be worth the slight risk.

I don't want guys that were good two years ago, I want guys that are good now.

I don't want guys that were good two years ago, I want guys that are good now.

As I mentioned, everyone seemed to suck in TB last season, prior to him going there, many Skins fans were saying his name quite a bit. 

He's worth a look based on what we have at safety presently. 

Archived