Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "I really want that guy" - 2015 edition! - Updated with who wants who, post 123

Voice_of_Reason

not sure if I want Patrick Willis, but he's only 30, London was 32 when he came to the skins ... like the kids say, "just saying." 

The difference is Fletch didn't have the injury issues that Willis has coming in.

Not saying one way or the other but something that needs to be considered when comparing the two.

The difference is Fletch didn't have the injury issues that Willis has coming in.

Not saying one way or the other but something that needs to be considered when comparing the two.

yeah, totally agree ... PW has hit a wall, fletch made four pro bowls in a row after joining us.  dude was a machine. i know London declined fast, but man, he was fun to watch. such an underrated hitter ... he had some big pops in his career. 

So is Donkey Kong Suh that type of player you hate to face but would love to have on your team, or is he just not worth the potential trouble?  He can be a dominant presence and, unlike a certain past big splashy d-line free agent signing...

hqdefault.jpg

...Suh  seems to be extremely self motivated so he won't put it on cruise control once he signs on the dotted line

Suh's 28.

If we're doing this rebuild properly, as I hope and believe we will be under Mac; then there should be no FA's of that age or older IMHO. Even less so for the money he'd command.

It's not like he, or any other vet., would be a difference maker the next 2 or 3 years.

Pass.

Hail.

Not saying I want him or not, but D linemen can be effective past 30.

Vince Wilfork is 33.

Justin Smith is 35.

Kyle Williams is 31.

Haloti Ngata is 31.

Randy Starks is 31.

Even the historical greats all had good years after 30:

Casey Hampton went to the Pro Bowl at age 30 and 32.

Buck Buchanan went to the Pro Bowl at age 30 and 31.

Warren Sapp went to the Pro Bowl at age 30 and 31.

Randy White went to the Pro Bowl at age 30, 31 and 32.

Cortez Kennedy went to the Pro Bowl at age 30 and 31.

John Randle went to the Pro Bowl at age 30, 31 and 34.

Bob Lilly went to the Pro Bowl at age 30, 31, 32, 33 and 34.

Merlin Olsen went to the Pro Bowl at age 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 and 35.

Mean Joe Greene went to the Pro Bowl at age 30, 32 and 33.

Alan Page went to the Pro Bowl at age 30, 31 and 32.

No to say that Suh is currently on par with these guys, but to say with absolute certainty that Suh wouldn't be a difference maker at age 30 or 31 is not supported by historical evidence.

No to say that Suh is currently on par with these guys, but to say with absolute certainty that Suh wouldn't be a difference maker at age 30 or 31 is not supported by historical evidence.

I both know full well the worth of quality vets and don't diminish them ..... In the right situation,

When you're building from the ground up, property, which we now are, and are a LONG way from challenging; you don't go after older FA's.

At least in my outlook of how to build a roster from scratch.

Hail.

Pretty sure Scot Mc's first move as 49ers GM was to sign Justin Smith to a 6yr/45m+ deal, pretty big deal back in 2008 for a 27/8 yo.

This. Question to those who think we shouldn't even think about signing suh. Had we drafted suh, would you want us to resign him or would you rather we just let him walk?

This. Question to those who think we shouldn't even think about signing suh. Had we drafted suh, would you want us to resign him or would you rather we just let him walk?

with the records of 3 - 13 and 4 - 12  past two seasons then absolutely a big YES to letting him walk!

There is no way to answer that. Too many variables.  Salary, records, cap situation and more.

Right now, we are not 1 player away. It will be at least 2 if not 3  yrs before get competitive. He may or may not be still playing at a high level when we are really ready to compete, but the chances are he will at the very least be on the down side of his career. In the meantime, the money we would spend on him, could be used to develop several other players to fill other holes that will reaching their prime in 3 yrs.

It's just not a smart investment if you are really trying to build something sustainable.

I want Bulaga and/or Iupati.  Both would be instant upgrades on our line.  Can Bulaga play RT?

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/8567/bulagas-return-to-right-tackle-makes-sense

The day after the Green Bay Packers' season ended, Bryan Bulaga was asked whether it would be much of an adjustment if he had to move back to right tackle in 2014. 

Bulaga chuckled and said: "I didn't even get a full year at left tackle, more like two months." 

In terms of actual live practice, it was more like two weeks. 

Bulaga

Bulaga injured his knee during the annual Family Night scrimmage on Aug. 3 and missed the entire 2013 season. Combine that with the fact that rookie David Bakhtiari was more than just OK in Bulaga's place at left tackle last season, and it made sense that Bulaga would move back to the right side, where he started from 2010-2012. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/8567/bulagas-return-to-right-tackle-makes-sense

The day after the Green Bay Packers' season ended, Bryan Bulaga was asked whether it would be much of an adjustment if he had to move back to right tackle in 2014. 

Bulaga chuckled and said: "I didn't even get a full year at left tackle, more like two months." 

In terms of actual live practice, it was more like two weeks. 

Bulaga

Bulaga injured his knee during the annual Family Night scrimmage on Aug. 3 and missed the entire 2013 season. Combine that with the fact that rookie David Bakhtiari was more than just OK in Bulaga's place at left tackle last season, and it made sense that Bulaga would move back to the right side, where he started from 2010-2012. 

Sign that man!  Looks like he'd be a GREAT upgrade over our current crop of RTs.

Either Erving or Ronald Darby. As you can tell I am a FSU fan .

Noles have about 12 guys getting drafted and a lot in that early-mid 2nd range. Would like to see the Redskins get a Nole. And not just a late round guy. 

Part of this is me being a homer and part of this is me wanting to see the Redskins draft players from traditional powerhouses in college ... ie. Bama, FSU, etc. 

Plenty of guys from all over but I like guys who have been competing at the highest level in college ... everyday in practice ... and succeeding. 

Noles have about 12 guys getting drafted and a lot in that early-mid 2nd range. Would like to see the Redskins get a Nole. And not just a late round guy.

Part of this is me being a homer and part of this is me wanting to see the Redskins draft players from traditional powerhouses in college ... ie. Bama, FSU, etc.

Plenty of guys from all over but I like guys who have been competing at the highest level in college ... everyday in practice ... and succeeding.

I am sold on Williams or Shelton. But am very interested in Round 2. At pick 37/38 that guy needs to also start. Sorry...I'm a weak college guy...thoughts on a solid #2?

Humor for us! \/

Narwhals, Narwhals

Swimming in the ocean

Causing a commotion

Coz they are so awesome

Love that commercial!

Any Narwhals available? Hahaha

Archived