Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "I really want that guy" - 2015 edition! - Updated with who wants who, post 123

Voice_of_Reason

Can someone help me out with some details?

I see a lot of mocks where Shane Ray is mocked to Washington and Vic Beasley falls.

What makes Shane Ray such a better prospect than Beasley?

Personally, I am on the Danny Shelton bandwagon right now for our 5th pick, but wanted you guys feedback on Ray vs. Beasley.  Thanks gang.

Can someone help me out with some details?

I see a lot of mocks where Shane Ray is mocked to Washington and Vic Beasley falls.

What makes Shane Ray such a better prospect than Beasley?

Personally, I am on the Danny Shelton bandwagon right now for our 5th pick, but wanted you guys feedback on Ray vs. Beasley.  Thanks gang.

Personally, I would rather Beasley over Ray. I also believe McLovin would too due to his larger size. Both are quick edge-rushers but Beasley is the bigger, longer player.

Before the Knighton signing, I was luke-warm on Shelton. He's a big guy and a true NT for a 3-4 but taking him a number 5 just seemed too high for a space-eater. After the Knighton signing (remember the team still has Baker as well), I think he would be a luxury pick and luxury is something the Redskins do not have.

Personally, I would rather Beasley over Ray. I also believe McLovin would too due to his larger size. Both are quick edge-rushers but Beasley is the bigger, longer player.

Before the Knighton signing, I was luke-warm on Shelton. He's a big guy and a true NT for a 3-4 but taking him a number 5 just seemed too high for a space-eater. After the Knighton signing (remember the team still has Baker as well), I think he would be a luxury pick and luxury is something the Redskins do not have.

The only reason I still have Shelton as my 1st round pick is because Knighton only signed a one year deal, but I agree with your logic that based on the Knighton signing and having Baker, it would appear we are going to focus at another position.

I like Beasley better than Ray, personally, because I think he will bring more to the table in the long run.  The only real pluses I read on Ray is that he has an outstanding first step and non-stop motor (which sounds a lot like Kerrigan to me).

I honestly have no idea what we are going to do in the first 3 rounds, which is kind of exciting but also frustrating because it means we have a lot holes.

Could Murphy move to ILB? Hes big smart and strong. Good against the run. Pass protection could use improvement.

We need OL and secondary IMO, but the draft is strong in DL. How to take advantage of that, since we have beefed up our DL, is the root of my question.

If we moved Murphy inside we could clearly grab one of the premier outside rushers like eveeveryone likes.

Thoughts?

My Short list for who I want with the number 5 pick (assuming the Redskins stay put):

1. DE/DT Leonard Williams

2. OLB Dante Fowler

3. OLB Vic Beasley

4. WR Kevin White or WR Amari Cooper

5. RT/OG Brandon Scherff

I hesitate to put Scherff on the list because conventional wisdom is that you don't use a #5 overall pick on a RT or OG, but he might just be the actual BPA when it all shakes out. Also, I have White and Cooper rated the same, I would be happy with either if McGloughan decided WR was the way to go. I would not be devastated (just mildly annoyed) if the pick were OLBs Ray or Gregory or OT Peat, I just like the players above a bit more.

Hello all, I've been following the forum for years and finally decided to make an account so this is my first post.

My thoughts on the draft at 5, are if Williams is gone, I would be thrilled with either White or Cooper (would be even happier if we could trade back a few spots and still get one of them). I think White has an enormous ceiling. The guy is going to be a stud. Reminds me a lot of Dez Bryant (on the field only). Cooper is an extremely well polished receiver, he runs routes like he's been a pro for years. Reminds me of Marvin Harrison the way he just hands the ball to the ref after scoring, he's all business.

We are drafting for the future with the hopes of being a consistent playoff caliber team within the next couple of years. I can understand the people saying wr is not a position of need right now, but in two or three years both Garcon and Jackson could be elsewhere. One of them for sure will be gone. Drafting one of these two receivers now will give us a bonifid #1 in this league for years to come. Being able to learn behind Garcon and Jackson for a year or two couldn't hurt either.

• 2 weeks later...

FA signing:

Mike Iuapti

Dan Williams

Walter Thurmond

Draft

Randy Gregory

Cody Prewitt

Laken Tomlinson

I can dream, can't I?

Though I love Gregory because of his high octane motor, I am starting to warm up to the idea of drafting Beasley. 

Would take Tra Jackson if Tomlinson is not available.

Flowers, Cummings, or Humphries would be a nice addition in the 2nd rd. 

Even though we added, Demarrious Randall out of ASU would be nice.

Oh heck, just draft them all.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I'm just going to make a final list of "my guys" outside of the obvious. 

Bud Dupree - OLB - Kentucky

Kevin Johnson - CB - Wake Forest

Alex Carter - CB - Stanford

Tyler Lockett - WR - Kansas State

Jeff Heureman - TE - Ohio State

Andy Gallik - C - Boston College

Jake Fisher - OT - Oregon

Damarious Randall - S - Arizona State

Neville Hewitt - ILB - Marshall

Also eliminating the obvious (Leonard Williams):

Jaquiski Tartt

Kevin White

DeVante Parker

Hayes Pullard

Laken Tomlinson

Cam Erving

Nick Boyle

Hroniss Grasu

Ali Marpet

Jake Fisher

Danny Shelton

Shane Ray

Demarious Randall

Quentin Rollins

everything else i trust to SM. Too many i like to list...so these are my favorites through the first 4/5 rounds.

Ok I'm just going to make a final list of "my guys" outside of the obvious. 

Also eliminating the obvious (Leonard Williams):

As above, eliminating the 'obvious' and leaving all explanations out as they've been done to death elsewhere:

My big 'crush', my 'guy', has always been my big Sooner Jordan Phillips. But after FA, I doubt we go that route now. 

So my new 'guy' is Michigan DE Frank Clark. 

Some other names not being talked about much on here I'd be delighted to bag through this draft, in no particular player/ position order:

CB. Steven Nelson. Oregan State. 

OL. Mitch Morse. Missouri. 

OG. Jarvis Harrison. Texas A&M. 

QB. Brandon Bridge. South Alabama. 

WR. Jamison Crowder. Duke. 

WR. DeAndre Smelter. Georgia Tech. 

WR. Kenny Ball. Nebraska. 

OT. Donovan Smith. Penn State. 

DT. Rakeem Nunez-Roches. Southern Miss. 

DE/ Edge Rusher. Ryan Delaire. Towson. 

OT. Tayo Fabuluje. TCU. 

LB. Alani Fua. BYU. 

LB. Jordan Hicks. Texas. 

LB. Neiron Ball. Florida. 

Hail. 

I really want Williams and Greyson(not sure why I'm hung up on him though).

I really want one of the best FREE safeties AND one of the CB/FS out of this draft.

I kind of want a starting G/T out of this draft, but wouldn't be upset if we only drafted Defense, except for a QB.

Archived