Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think he means more of an emphasis on action,  and less sleuthing. I actually agree a little bit. My darker Batman would've featured Victor Zaz , or maybe Mr Freeze.

Ah, ok...I know next to nothing about Batman lol, so didn't know he was described as a detective (or world's greatest detective). Not necessarily as a profession but just in general.

57 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Ah, ok...I know next to nothing about Batman lol, so didn't know he was described as a detective (or world's greatest detective). Not necessarily as a profession but just in general.

I'd say this post helps prove @Mooka point : )

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think he means more of an emphasis on action,  and less sleuthing. I actually agree a little bit. My darker Batman would've featured Victor Zaz , or maybe Mr Freeze.

Freeze will get justice ine day, after sleeping on it, if they are going the detective route, it makes starting with something a detective is most likely to investigate. Catburgler, serial killer that leaves taunting clues...this will be a trilogy, plenty of time.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

I’m a bit confused here, so Batfleck is coming back for another film but they’re also releasing this at the same time? I don’t really get how that DOESNT confuse people. The trailer is awesome but please pick one Batman and keep him for a while please. 

3 minutes ago, max21 said:

I’m a bit confused here, so Batfleck is coming back for another film but they’re also releasing this at the same time? I don’t really get how that DOESNT confuse people. The trailer is awesome but please pick one Batman and keep him for a while please. 

I think its for a cameo in Flash that involves time travel or other dimensions? Reading Michael Keaton is going to be old Batman. Now they just need Bale. 

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I think its for a cameo in Flash that involves time travel or other dimensions? Reading Michael Keaton is going to be old Batman. Now they just need Bale. 

Zach Galifianakis Reaction GIF

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Really though that sounds kind of wild, and confusing at the same time 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, max21 said:

11 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

8 minutes ago, max21 said:

Zach Galifianakis Reaction GIF

Really though that sounds kind of wild, and confusing at the same time 

2 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I read they did that for one of the DC shows on tv. Had the guy from Smallville pop up along with the guy who plays superman in the Supergirl show. Dead Cain wasn't invited. 

It would be hard to have a Flash movie without involving the multiverse. 

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Batman's first appearance, in fact, was in the Detective Comics series.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Ok, then I'm with Mooka (I think lol) in hoping we see a bit more of that Batman infused in with the action-hero Batman.

Batman's detective skills should be like a super power.

Kinda like Captain America's leadership/organization skills are a super power in the comics. 

These are things harder to show in films rather then comics/radio/tv which are a series. 

What id be excited for is a standalone Batman story. Not an origin story. Any. There are hundreds to chose from.

What I really want is full Knightfall storyline. (Animated DC oneday maybe?) Dark Knight Rises was ok compared to the previous 2 Bale films.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mooka said:

Batman's detective skills should be like a super power.

Kinda like Captain America's leadership/organization skills are a super power in the comics. 

These are things harder to show in films rather then comics/radio/tv which are a series. 

What id be excited for is a standalone Batman story. Not an origin story. Any. There are hundreds to chose from.

What I really want is full Knightfall storyline. (Animated DC oneday maybe?) Dark Knight Rises was ok compared to the previous 2 Bale films.

Been hearing some rumblings on Gotham possibly returning. If it does, we might get Detective Bats there.

8 hours ago, max21 said:

they’re standalone films from one another using different interpretations of Batman so it doesn’t really matter. Similar to the recent Joker movie being separated from everything else that had come before. I kinda like it too because it gives you the chance to see various interpretations and stories with different tones, themes, and ideas. 

kinda like just getting a collection or various comics and graphic novels by different authors/artists and diving in 

5 hours ago, Mooka said:

Rises was far and away the worst of that trilogy. The loose Knightfall stuff was pretty much the only redeeming aspect of it imo. 

would be nice to see it a little later down the road but they need to let that Bane breathe (ba dum cha) a little before exploring that story again 

40 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

they’re standalone films from one another using different interpretations of Batman so it doesn’t really matter. Similar to the recent Joker movie being separated from everything else that had come before. I kinda like it too because it gives you the chance to see various interpretations and stories with different tones, themes, and ideas. 

kinda like just getting a collection or various comics and graphic novels by different authors/artists and diving in 

It's easier once you look at them as Elseworlds films

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I personally think they screwed up the Superhero Genre when they started adding more than one hero/villain per movie. It just waters it down. 

I want to spend time with each character. Unfortunately, the result is often a convoluted mess.

****in' Batman&Robin

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Metalhead said:

The Batman trailer looked interesting but I hope they have a way to distinguish the villain. Right now he looks and acts like a direct mash-up of Bane and the Joker.

Its going to be Riddler.

Trailer was interesting. Very dark and gruesome. I know Batman trends dark in general but that looked almost like John Wick the superhero version.

4 hours ago, Metalhead said:

The Batman trailer looked interesting but I hope they have a way to distinguish the villain. Right now he looks and acts like a direct mash-up of Bane and the Joker.

how does it seem like a mashup of those two? I didn’t get vibes from either one. 

the villains in this are Riddler, penguin and Catwoman tho it’s unclear how big of a role they will have. Based on the trailer, I think Riddler will be the main focus on the others will exist for world building as we look toward a trilogy and future confrontations. 

I would love that as we have yet to see a superhero movie where the villain is spread out across multiple movies (that I can recall) aside from Thanos in Infinity War and Endgame and, shocker, it worked incredibly well. 

we were robbed of TDK sequel with Joker so I hope we can get that with this new Batman trilogy. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

****in' Batman&Robin

started with Penguin and Catwoman.  tho lol 

then Riddler/2Face

then Freeze/Ivy/Bane

imo Nolan trilogy used its villains the best because it didn’t just throw them all at Batman in a Comically stupid way. 

Batman fights Falcone to establish himself, then deals without a grounded Scarecrow, then Rhas. All 3 exist throughout the movie but there is a gradual buildup to them and their interpretations of these characters aren’t cartoon villains so it doesn’t defy belief that you have 3 villains in one movie. 

same thing with TDK, Maroni is a villain but is easily thwarted setting up the Joker’s main focus which sets up Dent at the very end as the villain for 15 minutes. And it was amazing in their usage rate. You got exactly what you needed out of them to tell the story perfectly

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

On 8/23/2020 at 12:41 AM, TK said:

You’re looking for Clooney’s Batman & Robin. :)  

There's a middle ground though. 

On 8/23/2020 at 9:55 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

how does it seem like a mashup of those two? I didn’t get vibes from either one. 

the villains in this are Riddler, penguin and Catwoman tho it’s unclear how big of a role they will have. Based on the trailer, I think Riddler will be the main focus on the others will exist for world building as we look toward a trilogy and future confrontations. 

I get the impression Catwoman is an ally, rather than a villain, in this.  Kinda similar to the Dark Knight Rises relationship.  They don't know what to think of each other, she's out for herself at first, then they decide they're more aligned than not and join forces.