Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

J. Jonah Jamesom >> Perry White. 

Yeah, I'm not trying to start a Universe v. Universe fight. Just commenting, as a casual observer, on which is more entertaining. 

• 1 month later...

Kingdom Come reads kinda like a DC version of Marvel's Civil War (anyone can correct me on that)....

They need to make clear the direction they are taking this, because yes, that S does look stupid, but a DC civil war sounds like fun.

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Kingdom Come reads kinda like a DC version of Marvel's Civil War (anyone can correct me on that)....

They need to make clear the direction they are taking this, because yes, that S does look stupid, but a DC civil war sounds like fun.

I thought the story of that was the era of Superheros we knew had been over for a while and there were a bunch of new ones who didn't really care about Good vs. Evil. They were just powerful. There was one main bad guy. Forgot his name. This guy starts a war or something, bringing back Superman who rebuilds a team of old and new supes. There were some who wouldn't join him. I think that's where you have the Civil War theme. Right? Like old man Batman hated Superman (again).

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

17 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yeah the new supers in that time line has no morality and are as bad as the villains. 

The guy you're thinking about is Magog. 

Yeah, i remember reading it. It was ok. I get this was about the superman logo. 

DC movies have been such a disappointment to me for a few years now. I don't know what Gunn is doing now with his universe. We'll see. 

Give me Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns and then no live action for a while. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants

Yeah DC has been inferior to most of the marvel stuff movie wise. That said,  I really liked the Blue Beetle movie. It felt more Marvel like (in that it didn't take itself so seriously). 

That and Pattisons The Batman (sorry Beal) were solid watches for me. Even if the latter was overly long and very dark. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Give me Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns and then no live action for a while. 

They did an animated 2 part version of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2024 at 1:05 PM, Renegade7 said:

Yeah but it would be a bad idea to start with a Civil war concept with no previously established characters and world. There are no stakes or investment 

23 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I thought the story of that was the era of Superheros we knew had been over for a while and there were a bunch of new ones who didn't really care about Good vs. Evil. They were just powerful. There was one main bad guy. Forgot his name. This guy starts a war or something, bringing back Superman who rebuilds a team of old and new supes. There were some who wouldn't join him. I think that's where you have the Civil War theme. Right? Like old man Batman hated Superman (again).

their Superman actor is pretty young so it doesn’t sound like they’d go with an older or established Superman story 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1