Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I just can't get excited about the DC universe. So many stops and starts and falling all over themselves. It could have been so much better but it's like no one wants to have the patience to do it right. Lots of great characters but no execution. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Isifhan said:

I just can't get excited about the DC universe. So many stops and starts and falling all over themselves. It could have been so much better but it's like no one wants to have the patience to do it right. Lots of great characters but no execution. 

Agree with them not having the patience to do it right. My son and I have been enjoying the Green Lantern Animated Series. Unfortunately it's only one season of 26 episodes. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

The Suicide Squad getting very high reviews.

I don't know if anything will get me watching another Suicide Squad movie. I mean did you see how bad the first one was

this one is great, it’s a perfect suicide squad movie and adaptation of that material. It’s awesome and a lot of fun. It looks great, it sounds great, the stylized R rated violence is a treat

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

this one is great, it’s a perfect suicide squad movie and adaptation of that material. It’s awesome and a lot of fun. It looks great, it sounds great, the stylized R rated violence is a treat

Thought about watching with my wife last night, but we didn’t see the ‘original’ SS or Birds of Prey… are we missing out if we don’t watch those first?

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Thought about watching with my wife last night, but we didn’t see the ‘original’ SS or Birds of Prey… are we missing out if we don’t watch those first?

no not at all. They don’t waste time with anything like that and it’s a soft reboot rather than a sequel. New cast and new characters (with a few exceptions: Harley Quinn, Boomerang, Flag and Waller) 

All you need to know is Amanda Waller takes villains in prison, sticks a bomb in their neck so they’ll go on suicide missions for her or else get blown up. That’s it. Rick Flag is like her commander that goes with them to make sure everything goes well. 

go have fun watching it  

• Thanks 2

Saw SS and should be called “stupid stuff”. I end up fast forward or working on stuff while it was playing on TV. 

Par for the course with DC movies. It’s hard to get into when it is predictable.

Edited by ClaytoAli

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...