Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

From what I've read, the new exec that is purging everything wants to focus on "unscripted" shows...trash tv in other words. Very low cost, more viewers, profit higher.

What I can't figure out is why bother buying/merging WB when any lesser studio could have provided the same capability/filming logistics for crap shows at a fraction of the cost.

• Thanks 1

So far, most of the things being scrapped seem like wise decisions.  Some of them shouldn't have been greenlit in the first place. WB made too many bad decisions.

Now, I wanted to see the Green Lantern show or another movie, but I don't think the previous regime really had a great plan for anything.  WB and DC in particular needs a reset.  They were all over the place throwing things against the wall.

So Discovery announced that HBOmax and Discovery + were merging.

While WB maybe shedding some questionable projects; I think what’s left is going to be cheap reality fare. The movies /tv shows will be cheap stuff that can turn a big profit.

Those expecting the shakeup to

improve DC movies; I don’t. Honestly , I can see WBDiscovery selling the DC rights to make money.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, justice98 said:

So far, most of the things being scrapped seem like wise decisions.  Some of them shouldn't have been greenlit in the first place. WB made too many bad decisions.

Now, I wanted to see the Green Lantern show or another movie, but I don't think the previous regime really had a great plan for anything.  WB and DC in particular needs a reset.  They were all over the place throwing things against the wall.

I agree, jus listened to this, this makes me believe Batgirl was so GD bad they refused to make it work to put in theaters instead:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ehh this makes me really nervous 

Kevin Feige didn't write the mcu. He just oversaw it and kinda had an overall map of where things needed to go and would drop input when needed. It seems like Gunn is personally writing and handling like 5-6 of these projects. That's nuts 

also I don’t like a teen/younger Superman with an established Batman that already has Damian Wayne as Robin and then bringing supergirl into it so early? Seems like we are walking into an established universe of characters already, not sure how I feel about that.  

13 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Kevin Feige didn't write the mcu. He just oversaw it and kinda had an overall map of where things needed to go and would drop input when needed. It seems like Gunn is personally writing and handling like 5-6 of these projects. That's nuts 

It seems again that instead of pulling talent from their animation team, one of few things DC has gotten right since at least the 90s, they handing over to another name from outside to "fix everything".

I'm not optimistic, either.  Jus leave Batman on an island and f everything else up like you normally do, I like Pattinson Batman.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah, I noticed that too.  Like, he's Kevin Feige if Feige petsonally wrote everything himself.  lol

That gives me pause frankly.  James Gunn is cool, but I'm not a James Gunn stan, I dont need him writing everything.  But we'll see how it goes.

On a side note, if they're open to having multiple Batmen and characters off to the side in an Elseworlds situation, then why not have a Cavill Superman movie?  It'd just be off in its own thing like Reeves' Batman and Joker.  But they seem adamant Cavill is not to be Superman anymore. 

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not optimistic, either.  Jus leave Batman on an island and f everything else up like you normally do, I like Pattinson Batman.

Yeah that's how I feel as well. Outside of Batman I've never cared that much about DCU. As long as they don't eff up Batman, I'm good. 

• Thumb up 1

Excited about the introduction of Damian Wayne to a wider audience.

It also all but guarantees we get a Batman that aint "cool w/ murder" which was not 100% guaranteed.

My biggest gripe was lack of info on the Static movie. Is it still coming? Is it canned? re-imagined?

Love the character and in a world where both young and minority superheroes have a crazy strong niche it could be a blockbuster for DC.

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Excited about the introduction of Damian Wayne to a wider audience.

It also all but guarantees we get a Batman that aint "cool w/ murder" which was not 100% guaranteed.

Gunn talked Bat family. I just don’t know that I like starting with Batman already having a son and what I can imagine are Nightwing, Batgirl, and perhaps even Red Hood running around. It seems like a such a strange place to start without any information about Talia, the other Robins, and what’s going on to lead up to that point. 

ill also say that I don’t like Robin in general or the idea of Batman letting a kid run around with him risking his life. It’s never sat right with me or made sense and I dont think it will translate well to live action. But I guess I’m excited to see a true comic book version of Batman, that seems like it’ll be different at least since we usually just get “realistic takes” on Batman. then again, I thought Batfleck is a great combination of comic book and being grounded 

another DC thing…if Superman has underwear on outside his suit, I’m out. I don’t care. It’s dumb. Everyone knows it, and if a real guy walked around like that they would be laughed at I don’t care how powerful they were.