Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It's hard to say if new DCU is trying to make these characters more complex then they actually are by picking stories about them that aren't common knowledge...

But the idea of a dark Supergirl that has to reign herself in has massive potential, been beat around the bush live action evil superman, but never a potential breaking bad supergirl (which I'm kinda hoping superman has to get involved to guncheck her).

@Momma There Goes That Man I agree with being uncomfortable with live action little kid Robin for similar reasons as you, but a refresher on Damien in wikipedia is he was trained by league of assassins almost from birth, so Batman very early has to try hard to stop him from wanting kill like he was trained to do.  If the goal is to make folks uncomfortable, ill give it a chance.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's hard to say if new DCU is trying to make these characters more complex then they actually are by picking stories about them that aren't common knowledge...

But the idea of a dark Supergirl that has to reign herself in has massive potential, been beat around the bush live action evil superman, but never a potential breaking bad supergirl (which I'm kinda hoping superman has to get involved to guncheck her).

@Momma There Goes That Man I agree with being uncomfortable with live action little kid Robin for similar reasons as you, but a refresher on Damien in wikipedia is he was trained by league of shadows almost from birth, so Batman very early has to try hard to stop him from wanting kill like he was trained to do.  If the goal is to make folks uncomfortable, ill give it a chance.

i also don’t like Supergirl either. I hate when an existing comic book character is around and then they just say “oh here’s another one, but different” I’d get it if she was going to be an eventual Superman replacement, but starting with a young Superman and having supergirl at the same time seems crazy to me. It steps all over Superman solo stories if and what Superman is going through to have two of them running around. Also having them both raises the degree of difficulty in the storytelling unnecessarily and sucks all the air out of the room that other less powerful heroes need 

I get Damian Wayne, they basically combine Robin and red hood, it just seems like a strange place to start a Batman story where in the timeline,  90% of the best Batman stories are over and he’s older. And I know the current universe or one of the recent ones has a younger Batman with Damian but that seems odd too. 

I don’t know. I’m excited that there are ideas now,  but I’m not excited about any of these specific projects mentioned and I have 0 hopes that they will be great 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

@Momma There Goes That Man you are absolutely right have to be clear on the timeline of these movies...

Which is why as weird as it seems, I'm not buying these phase one movies actually "happen at the same time or time period".  The Phase One Marvel films seemed to be occurring one after the other in an internal timeline building up to them all fighting Thanos at the same time.

DCU would be destroying and contradicting timelines left and right if they tried to so same thing with the Phase One they jus presented.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I've seen the same ads a lot, over and over. As much as I'm pro-Keaten. It looks meh. 

I watch a lot of ESPN and I don't think I saw one commercial today. I don't think I even saw one on Warner owned TNT last night during AEW. 

Don't forget the star of the movie was on a crime spree in Hawaii recently...I'm sure they stuck on how to advertise this and hoping folks go on word of mouth how good it is versus having to explain advertising the hell out this movie like nothing happened while Marvel is hiding Jonathan Majors as much as possible without disowning him.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

This is what happens when you ignore and belittle an established Arrowverse. They had a chance to bridge from TV and chose to stick with the horrible human being as the lead. 

I don't put Arrowverse in same quality category as DC animated (BTAS being gold standard for comic book cartoon adaptations), but Arrowverse does deserve credit for being better then the complete and total failure of DCCU.

Case can be made the ran around in circles looking for who to lead them to glory on the silver screen and those folks were in house all along (been saying this for years regarding their animated division).

• 1 month later...

Fwiw I wouldn't characterize allegedly grooming minors, physical assault, burglary, and threatening people with a gun as shenanigans. Hard not to think that had Ezra been of a darker pigmentation, they would have been let go faster than you can spell Jonathan Majors. 

Ezra's toxicity only added to the DC dumpster fire universe and likely kept many people away who thought the movie concept looked interesting enough to see it. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
Correcting for accuracy

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...