Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Batman is literally the only thing DC gets right in any consistent basis. Credit where credit is due, i too am looking forward to a scary Riddler.  

9 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Pattinson is a stud.  Dare I say, The Batman might actually be good?!?

Twilight was the low point of that man's career.

My God if they do a Justice League movie with him as Batman there might be some chance for redemption here.

"I'm vengeance" gave me same chills "Swear to me" did.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

He whooped that boy good.

I’ve been on the Pattinson train for a while. I think he’ll be good. I wish they made him look less emo, but you can’t win ‘em all.

yeah his Bruce Wayne looks kinda sad. Like you’d think that sad rich kid went home and used his millions to torture people. I still trust him to make it work 

• Like 1

Hey you know I’ll take this any day:

3D65936E-BD23-44D5-9ED5-405955EA9DDB.thumb.png.ff6b78b9f6da1556937ac9b3883644ef.png

over this bull**** they tried to pull in Batman Returns. These shots are 5 seconds apart. The camera cuts to his back and then to his face so he can rip his mask off and Keaton won’t have makeup around his eyes lol. Who TF cares? 

8AFCAF48-380D-45A0-9FD0-488EE8A0D3DA.thumb.png.95ce3c1a2beb6cd8792994c180066ff4.png

30D47986-D3A4-4F00-8122-93FE141BA9B1.png

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yeah his Bruce Wayne looks kinda sad. Like you’d think that sad rich kid went home and used his millions to torture people. I still trust him to make it work 

But technically he does though, jus not in the mansion, changes clothes then does it elsewhere.

Wife has me watching Arrow, I dont like Queen's attempt to be a playboy ninkumpoop to throw folks off his trail.

Bruce saw his parents die right in front of him and takes it out on people at night, and he looks young here, so he's probably nowhere close to being over it.  

Him taking that pain out on folks and it never being good enough, im fine with him not pretending to be a playboy, he looks maybe a couple years in at best and doesn't know how to make time yet, this isn't supposed to be peak Bruce, hes just not a rookie.

What I also hope for is more touching on the chemistry with Catwoman, you don't put her in the trailer like that without making clear she's going to be a recurring character in the eventual trilogy, not just this movie. 

One day, maybe they even do justice to Batman going too far and having a line and dealing with dynamic of superman being too nice, calling him out, then having to reel him back in because of what it looks like with superman being so mad he turns his lines off.  Even a near prime Batman could have that conversation with a near prime superman, both still trying to figure each other out and themselves. How far along in the comics were they before they finally met?

I am doing cart before the horse here because its fun.

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

But technically he does though, jus not in the mansion, changes clothes then does it elsewhere.

thats what I’m saying. Same with Keaton. Like I’d see that dude brooding in the corner and think “yeah he’s Batman”  That’s why I loved Bale’s Bruce Wayne so much. It was actually a disguise for Batman him being a rich completely aloof playboy was perfect. 

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I dont like Queen's attempt to be a playboy ninkumpoop to throw folks off his trail.

lol well damn 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

What I also hope for is more touching on the chemistry with Catwoman, you don't put her in the trailer like that without making clear she's going to be a recurring character in the eventual trilogy, not just this movie. 

I hope so because I don’t think catwoman has ever been done justice in a Batman movie yet 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

thats what I’m saying. Same with Keaton. Like I’d see that dude brooding in the corner and think “yeah he’s Batman”  That’s why I loved Bale’s Bruce Wayne so much. It was actually a disguise for Batman him being a rich completely aloof playboy was perfect. 

lol well damn 

This is very much a me thing, so don't mind me : )  I have a horrible habit of trying to be consistent as I can with how I operate regardless my setting or who I talk to.  I believe by playing by NL rules in an NL stadium, if you know what i mean, Like church, to stay respectful. 

Those folks like Bruce and Queen have something to hide, im not risking my life as a night owl vigilante, so I like tell folks the truth to their face and see what they do about it to keep conversations honest.

So yes, I have so much respect for them as superheroes that I don't want them to pretend to be something they arent in their regular life, at least to point of being unrecognizable and basically disrespecting their families they swore to honor to do it. There should be a middle ground.

Again, these are comic book characters and I'm probably just that meanest nice guy someone said I was when I was in high school.  Doing some soul searching, asked people if I'm a asshole (which if you have to ask, you probably are), but I never get a yes.

A lot of people don't really want the truth, they just need what they need to hear when they need to hear it.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Him taking that pain out on folks and it never being good enough, im fine with him not pretending to be a playboy, he looks maybe a couple years in at best and doesn't know how to make time yet, this isn't supposed to be peak Bruce, hes just not a rookie

there was an old script that Matt reeves wrote years ago that was dropped apparently for what this movie became but I wonder if he’s taken some cues from it. 

I don’t even know if should say it because it’s possible if kept some parts of it in this movie 

Spoiler

Bruce is not rich. He’s not even Bruce Wayne. After his parents deaths he runs away and lives on the streets leaving it all behind. The script supposedly ended with him coming forth as Bruce publicly as the long lost son. But As an orphan street guy he was a vigilante that beat people up and wore his fathers Thomas Wayne TW initial ring on his hand where the T and the W overlapped and its kinda looked like a bat symbol beat onto the victims faces so the media dubbed him the Batman and then he just leans into it with his gear. 

it kinda explains his primitive cheaper looking gear in this and would explain his look as Bruce. Would be a really interesting direction to go wirh but I’m not sure how it would work with the “bat cave” situation he clearly had in the trailer plus Alfred has already been cast as Serkis and it would be a small part in the movie if this ended up being the way it went 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

So yes, I have so much respect for them as superheroes that I don't want them to pretend to be something they arent in their regular life, at least to point of being unrecognizable and basically disrespecting their families they swore to honor to do it. There should be a middle ground.

Again, these are comic book characters and I'm probably just that meanest nice guy someone said I was when I was in high school.  Doing some soul searching, asked people if I'm a asshole (which if you have to ask, you probably are), but I never get a yes.

that’s fine tho because that’s comic book Bruce in most instances. And even Bruce in TAS. The in touch billionaire that did all he could to help Gotham during the day and then filled in the gaps where he couldn’t as Batman at night. So that’s a perfectly acceptable way for him to be and im

not hpset about it either. I just enjoyed Bale’s/Nolan!/ take on it. 

im also excited to see this borderline crazy, still dealing with this trauma Bruce. Arkham Asylum graphic novel was a deep exploration into Batman’s madness and whether he should be in there with his villains and I appreciated that. So I’m down with several interpretations as long as they do them right. 

tho I never really liked Keatons Bruce. Just didn’t look the part, didn’t play the part, wasn’t believable to me. 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

tho I never really liked Keatons Bruce. Just didn’t look the part, didn’t play the part, wasn’t believable to me. 

Alright, so ill ask you this then:

Did you not like the Tim Burton 1989 Batman when it came out in 1989, or after seeing all these different variations that came out since and now feel this way about it? Did it it get worse after the Nolan films, for example, or thats what made you feel this way?

Its a cult classic, man, f'n Prince did the soundtrack for crying out loud.  You are too hard on it, bro : )

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

WW lassoing the lighting was ****ing awesome. But how do they explain Steve Trevor being alive? 

The trailers keep showing the main villian saying image having everything you wanted or dreamed of.  I'm guessing he brought Trevor back for her and is probably responsible for giving Cheetah her powers.  How, not sure.  Probably some device.

8 minutes ago, drowland said:

The trailers keep showing the main villian saying image having everything you wanted or dreamed of.  I'm guessing he brought Trevor back for her and is probably responsible for giving Cheetah her powers.  How, not sure.  Probably some device.

There's no doubt in my mind that Pine betrays her in the end if he is actually "brought back to life".  Its too good to be true, kinda wished they left him out the trailer because it is mad confusing.

Edited by Renegade7

28 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Bale was the Scarlet Pimpernel.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Alright, so ill ask you this then:

Did you not like the Tim Burton 1989 Batman when it came out in 1989, or after seeing all these different variations that came out since and now feel this way about it? Did it it get worse after the Nolan films, for example, or thats what made you feel this way?

Its a cult classic, man, f'n Prince did the soundtrack for crying out loud.  You are too hard on it, bro : )

i adored it. I had Batman 89 big wheel and hats and PJs and everything else. Me and my brothers would watch it every day. Our dad loved it too because he was big on Keaton and Nicholson so it was like something we could bond with an adult over. And when I was little I didn’t give a **** about Bruce anyway. Why would I lol just scenes to get to the next Batman or fight. It wasn’t until I got older and started getting into more comics( never religiously just as I could grab some) and seeing other versions of Bruce that the Keaton version felt off. Then later the Nolan trilogy just crushed it. I still like the burton movies but they don’t hold up nearly as well to me now, tho Batman is far far superior to Returns. I also think it’s funny and ridiculous that people gave BvS such **** for Batman being too rough with criminals or shooting at them when Keaton kills about 75 people in his movies. It’s just because Nolan mainstreamed Batman’s rule and made it an actual plot device that people noticed it going forward. 

but Batman is my ****. It’s like pizza, even when it’s bad it’s still good. I can still even enjoy Forever and B&R despite how laughably ridiculous they are. 

14 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Bale was the Scarlet Pimpernel.

i had to google this reference but yes it seems to work. 

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

There's no doubt in my mind that Pine betrays her in the end if he is actually "brought back to life".  Its too good to be true, kinda wished they left him out the trailer because it is mad confusing.

Agree they should always leave things like that out of trailers. You can’t see him and not begin to speculate why he’s back and what it could mean so you might be able to figure it out. Why invite that possibility? It’s why I won’t watch another Batman trailer until it’s released. Just spoils too much. Tho TLOU2 put a fake scene in one of their trailers to protect the story and it contributed people losing their **** over the story. Lots and lots of other reasons for their anger too of course. And nobody complains about infinity war trailer faking the scene of them

all running together in Wakanda 

• Haha 1

Trailer looks good, still haven't seen the World's Greatest Detective on film yet despite so many Batman movies. 

I'm definitely not excited for another reboot though. They already had the gritty dark reboot in Begins/Dark Knight. 

Id be more excited if the film looked more comicbookish or cartoonish honestly.