Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

There isn't really any take on the Joker origin story outside of Killing Joke which isn't canon and the Joker doesn't even admit that it's backstory saying he remembers if differently each time.

I don't have any expectations other than seeing a good performance from JP.  If they actually put it together in a coherent, thought provoking film, that's a bonus. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Here come the pissed off magat nerds...

I'm more upset because I didn't want Catwoman in the movie at all. She's been done a couple times before. The only way I like it is if it follows the early rumor when Affleck had it of a "night at Arkham" which would include a ton of the rogues gallery and examine Batman's sanity similar to how the Arkham graphic novel, and to a lesser extent game, did. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The show Lucifer is a DC character? I thought it was a show about Satan?

>>>Lucifer is an American television series developed by Tom Kapinos that premiered on Fox on January 25, 2016.[2][3] It is based on the DC Comics character created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth, and Mike Dringenberg taken from the comic book series The Sandman, who later became the protagonist of a spin-off comic book series, both published by DC Comics' Vertigo imprint. The series is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer Television, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television.<<<

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'm more upset because I didn't want Catwoman in the movie at all. She's been done a couple times before. The only way I like it is if it follows the early rumor when Affleck had it of a "night at Arkham" which would include a ton of the rogues gallery and examine Batman's sanity similar to how the Arkham graphic novel, and to a lesser extent game, did. 

I'm waiting for a dark crime noir, almost Bone Collector-esque Bats, featuring Victor Zaz. Joker, Catwoman, Penguin. It's time to let them go. There's so many vile and tragic figures to choose from, yet they've been kinda recycling the same ones.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm waiting for a dark crime noir, almost Bone Collector-esque Bats, featuring Victor Zaz. Joker, Catwoman, Penguin. It's time to let them go. There's so many vile and tragic figures to choose from, yet they've been kinda recycling the same ones.

Yeah I’d love that but it won’t ever happen. It’s Batman. People don’t want to see that they want to see him jumping off building and kicking ass.  

Tho the new Pattinson Batman is supposed to focus on his detective skills  

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah I’d love that but it won’t ever happen. It’s Batman. People don’t want to see that they want to see him jumping off building and kicking ass.  

Tho the new Pattinson Batman is supposed to focus on his detective skills  

This is why I'm happy Catwoman is in it, if this is going back to his roots and more grounded to reality.  She doesnt have superpowers, either, and took a complete different path as an orphan then he did. I get people being tired of her and Joker, but they are such incredible foils to him strictly from a character standpoint. 

Batman and Catwoman have a strong enough relationship that I enjoy reading about it, he let's her go more then anyone else.  If they can hit home the problems they had in alter egos not being able to have a serious relationship versus them as people doing jus fine when they tried, I'd like to see a serious attempt at that.  Batman Returns was kinda cartoony in their relationship and I loathed Anna Hathaway in that role in DKR, but glad they tried the "only way this works is if we both quit" plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1