Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 4/12/2019 at 8:49 AM, justice98 said:

Another thing that irked me about Shazam is how kid Billy and Shazam Billy felt like two completely different people.  They were nothing alike.  

I don't mind that except for the fact that the original idea of Captain Marvel was that by saying the magic name crippled Billy Batson would gain all the properties of those legendary heroes and gods. So, the powered-up Billy ought to have the wisdom of Solomon and not act and think like a kid. In other words, they gave Captain Marvel all of the physical powers, but none of the mental ones.

I still liked the movie a lot. And it works for Billy to remain Billy because it allows for a character growth and humor, but it's not exactly true to the spirit of the original comic. I do think it's probably true to the spirit of later adaptations of the character.

• Thanks 1

So the DC Universe app is now live. 20K comics, loads of TV and movies (including exclusive access to the new shows like Teen Titans, Doom Patrol), etc.

I'm mostly a Marvel guy, but there's a promo until April 30 which gets you a year of access for $60. Enter the code JIMLEECOMICS at checkout.

It's great looking, to be honest.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

WB always seemed cheeseball to me with Smallville so I never really watched all the other shows. Maybe I should...

And I don't mind Pattinson at all. Its kinda hard to do a bad Batman. The ladt two were pretty good. Besides, its tv show Batman. Not really a high bar ti begin with.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

And I don't mind Pattinson at all. Its kinda hard to do a bad Batman. The ladt two were pretty good. Besides, its tv show Batman. Not really a high bar ti begin with.

Pattinson has some chops. Loved him in The Rover. Also hear he kills it in The Lighthouse which is the new horror joint from the dude who directed The Witch. I like the casting.

It’s another Batman flick, not a TV show. Liked what Reeves did with the Apes series. I trust him here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

So heard a rumor on the new Joker movie 

Hide contents

Joker is Thomas Wayne’s **** son raised by his mother who worked for Wayne once. 

God damnit 

Spoiler

Joker's mother gonna be named Martha too

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...