Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Idris Elba as the new deadshot. I like the casting it just sucks for him to be stuck with this franchise. 

Agreed.  But cant say I have any interest in Suicide Squad, regardless of who's in it, or making it.

Arrow is the reason why we have superhero shows (for good or bad) on TV. 

I still watch it but for the most part it's become too much of an ensemble cast (and they miss Paul Blackthorne). The flash forward this year has been interesting but it's definitely time to end as a series. I wonder if any if the regular cast will move to Legends or Flash/Supergirl. I've heard that the crossover event next year might permanently bring Supergirl into the same universe as the other shows.

Edited by The Evil Genius

• 3 weeks later...

Stunned to see Shazam getting such good reviews. I thought this would be the biggest dud of the year, after seeing the previews and the lead character's

ludicrous costume. Also having it open right after Captain Marvel was not a good move by DC. But what do you know, its supposed to be pretty good. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 10:49 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Arrow is the reason why we have superhero shows (for good or bad) on TV. 

I still watch it but for the most part it's become too much of an ensemble cast (and they miss Paul Blackthorne). The flash forward this year has been interesting but it's definitely time to end as a series. I wonder if any if the regular cast will move to Legends or Flash/Supergirl. I've heard that the crossover event next year might permanently bring Supergirl into the same universe as the other shows.

Legends will probably end next season. Supernatural is calling it a day, after next year's 15th season.

Batwoman is one of the replacements. I figure they will give Constantine, his own show again. They want to do a Supergirl movie and supposedly will end the tv show, when they do.

Edited by Rdskns2000

7 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Stunned to see Shazam getting such good reviews. I thought this would be the biggest dud of the year, after seeing the previews and the lead character's

ludicrous costume. Also having it open right after Captain Marvel was not a good move by DC. But what do you know, its supposed to be pretty good. 

Shazam's previews actually seem to, for once, be in the spirit of the DC comic that inspired it. Almost all the modern DC movies got it wrong (disclaimer: I didn't see Aquaman or Suicide Squad)

6 hours ago, Burgold said:

Shazam's previews actually seem to, for once, be in the spirit of the DC comic that inspired it. Almost all the modern DC movies got it wrong (disclaimer: I didn't see Aquaman or Suicide Squad)

It looks they lucked into a really good lead actor who knows how to play Captain Marvel to perfection.

That said, I'm STILL debating if I want to see this movie or not. I'll wait for audience reviews, which tend to be more critical and honest. 

Just imagine if these idiots had just put WW, Aquaman, Shazaam, and maybe a different version of BvS/Man of Steel 2 out first. Then we could have a proper Justice League movie with established characters.

Suicide Squad was a train wreck for a ton of reasons but the biggest being that they had no business taking on a threat of that level. They should be called in for smaller scale stuff, crime lords or spec ops type of missions. Sky beams and end of world demon monsters isn't really their bag when they aren't exactly super-powered and the most famous one in the group's only power is being hot and carrying a baseball bat. 

But i think putting the solo movies out first which have all been very well received would have done so much more for their universe than what we ended up with. 

48 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

But i think putting the solo movies out first which have all been very well received would have done so much more for their universe than what we ended up with. 

🤣  I was trying to make the connection with "The Solo Movie" and the DCU movies.  Doh.

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2019 at 2:25 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Just imagine if these idiots had just put WW, Aquaman, Shazaam, and maybe a different version of BvS/Man of Steel 2 out first. Then we could have a proper Justice League movie with established characters.

Suicide Squad was a train wreck for a ton of reasons but the biggest being that they had no business taking on a threat of that level. They should be called in for smaller scale stuff, crime lords or spec ops type of missions. Sky beams and end of world demon monsters isn't really their bag when they aren't exactly super-powered and the most famous one in the group's only power is being hot and carrying a baseball bat. 

Agreed. Do all the individual movies first, and replace Cyborg with Green Lantern.  And replace the PS3 villain. Make BVS their Civil War.

Could've been a lot better. WW, Captain Marv... I mean Shazam, and Aquaman (and probably even this Joker movie when it comes out) have shown that there is probably still hope for a do-over.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I also wouldn't mind an "Old Batman" trilogy. I feel like Afffleck could've been that guy (BvS sort of went down that road).  Throw in Nightwing, Damien or the Red Hood, and you could have something. Or a very dark, dramatic Batman featuring Victor Zaz, Black Mask or Man-Bat

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I also wouldn't mind an "Old Batman" trilogy. I feel like Afffleck could've been that guy (BvS sort of went down that road).  Throw in Nightwing, Damien or the Red Hood, and you could have something. Or a very dark, dramatic Batman featuring Victor Zaz, Black Mask or Man-Bat

BvS has the makings of it. The older Batman with a dead robin was already in universe. I know it’s been done but a life action Jason Todd would be pretty entertaining if say as the second part of an older Batman trilogy. 

There are a lot of ways they can make this successful still, they just need somebody with vision and a good writing team 

• Like 2

On 4/3/2019 at 10:45 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

This is just a reminder that Batman by himself has almost as many interesting villains as DC has interesting heros.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

This is just a reminder that Batman by himself has almost as many interesting villains as DC has interesting heros.

Not as good as JL villains though: Darkseid, Vandal Savage, Brainiac, Lex Luthor, Gorilla Grodd, the Ultrahumanite.  To name a few.  

That's one area where DC has it all over Marvel. Their villains are just way, way cooler.

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2019 at 8:28 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Emily Bett Rickards won't be in the final, 10 episode Season 8 of Arrow.

That seems weird, she couldnt hang out for 10 episodes?  She must have gotten an opportunity she couldnt pass up.

Edited by justice98

On 4/4/2019 at 7:20 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Saw Shazam.  I'll give in an A. It was surprisengly good.  I didn't stay for any post credits scene and looked online and they are 2 scenes in the credits.

I gave it a C personally.  It was too goofy for me.  But I concede, for 90% of the audience, they'll love it.  They did what they set out to do though.