Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Might not be another Justice League movie....

We'd all be blessed as a result.

I don't mind Batman. Penultimate super/antihero, with top shelf villains.

Was ridiculous to consider him for the DCEU. He's beyond that nonsense.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Batman still has great characters that haven't been touched on correctly yet.  Having said that, homie needs a break.  This current DCCU is a joke, they need to step back instead of trying to catch to marvel, will never happen way.

What I don't really understand is how DC can do cartoons and TV so well, but consistently stink at movies. I mean Wonder Woman was good and the Batman Begins series was as well, but everything else... YUCK!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

What I don't really understand is how DC can do cartoons and TV so well, but consistently stink at movies. I mean Wonder Woman was good and the Batman Begins series was as well, but everything else... YUCK!

Too many chefs, probably. They sign great actors. They have access to the same level of stuff Marvel does. I think whatever happens with them, happens in the meeting room when plans are made, and then trickles down to the production crew, and so on

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I still would have liked to see the original Snyder version of this that was 5 movies long and reportedly had Batman sacrificing himself in the middle of the justice league trilogy. 

It would have been more consistent with BvS. It might have sucked but st least it wouldn’t have been chopped to death with reshoots and punchlines thrown in like JL was and it would have told a continuous story from Man of Steel to the end

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Too many chefs, probably. They sign great actors. They have access to the same level of stuff Marvel does. I think whatever happens with the., happens in the meeting room when plans are made, and then trickles down to the production crew, and so on

Yeah, from what I've read WB micromanages everything while Disney gives Marvel Studios room to breathe.

They need me to run things...:)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yeah, from what I've read WB micromanages everything while Disney gives Marvel Studios room to breathe.

They need me to run things...:)

I think it's that also that DC movies have this fixation with dark and grim. Marvel movies have this understanding that their stories are a bit preposterous so they are okay interjecting humor and having fun with them. For example, though it's a silly point, everyone can understand why Batman needs to wear armor, but why give Superman the same armored hero look? He's invulnerable! We don't need Superman tromping around looking like a bad arse soldier. Supes is the bright morning that comes after a Dark Knight.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I asked that out loud maybe a page or two ago, I couldn't agree more. 

It's like they don't get what Disney is doing, ya marvel gets great agoctors for their roles, but they actors very open minded to who directs each movie.  DC seems up to this point convinced to give keys pretty much entirely to Snyder. 

It's like DC doesn't trust it's own material, and from reading, I'm hearing comments about storytelling styles not translating well to live action.  The current DCEU is pathetic, even if not perfect, it'd be an upgrade.