Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That costume can't possibly be real. Like it's gotta be a troll job right? It look horrendous. Like some 1960s non sense.

It's lame even by cosplay standards. He even has a look like "Are they really making me wear this ****"

I'd wager the majority of Americans have no clue who the dude is, so you have to bring it in every way imaginable. That suit is just godawful.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We are definitely over saturated. I've never even heard of any of these bums. 

We need to significantly scale back on the superhero stuff after Avengers comes out.

Avengers is the only one I'm going to pay attention to. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Avengers is the only one I'm going to pay attention to. 

I still have specific characters I am interested in and will be excited to see like Batman and Spiderman. But really at the moment the only superhero thing i even care about is the Avengers movie. I dont have any interest in post Infinity War movies or characters. Just hoping they can wrap this up.

Maybe I've given up completely on DC. Justice League imo was considerably better than BvS, but there are eternally nagging DC things like the absurdity of the fight scenes, and overuse of CGI, down to complete characters. I could live with Doomsday, but Steppenwolf,  the gothic clay putties, and Cyborg was just a lolfactory.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

True, can't argue that. I'll still ride or die with Batman tho. Hopefully, he finds justice again

Looks like the Dahk Knight era may be drawing to a close. I too would like a total reboot. I didn't really like the role he played among the group (and that's more writing than anything related to Aflleck, who I don't  mind, and actually liked tbh). Just didn't feel like Batman as I've come to know him, though in smaller moments, I thought it was brilliant, like him challenging and pushing Wonder Woman

It seems like people have been scared off from any of his sidekicks due to the 90's massacres, but I wouldn't mind him and Grayson, or any of the other Robin iterations (including Nightwing or Red Hood), as well as Batgirl/Oracle.

Wouldn't mind someone they've also been scared off of, in Mr Freeze. In reality, Batman has such a diverse and fleshed out group of villains that there is really no need to go back to Joker. Honestly I feel like Ledger retired him.

Had he not died, I truly believe Ledger would've made him almost an antihero, possibly with his own movie, and definitely a follow up to Dark Knight (though you'll get no argument from me RE Bane). He was that good. Leto's Joker just didn't vibe with me. Seemed too flashy and over the top, though I think he is a great actor. 

I think if you find the right actor to play Bats, and get the right villain (honestly I wouldn't mind an even darker Batman, featuring a villain like Victor Zaz), I think it will do very well.

I liked where they were going with Affleck's Bats (seemed like more of an ode to the Frank Miller era). I hope they continue it, and spare us any sort of origin stories. We know the deal already. Throw us into the Gotham meat grinder right away.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2018 at 8:00 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We are definitely over saturated. I've never even heard of any of these bums. 

We need to significantly scale back on the superhero stuff after Avengers comes out.

Eh, I don't think so.  It's only oversaturation when bad movies come out.  When it's Black Panther and Infinity War, people can't get enough and they're breaking records (or going to break them) left and right.  The MCU put out 18 movies in 10 years and it's more popular than ever.  The Dark Knight even came out in that time. 

Let the good people make them and you can't make enough. There will always be an appetite.  Let the people that don't know what they're doing spit these out and it gets tiresome.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Had he not died, I truly believe Ledger would've made him almost an antihero, possibly with his own movie, and definitely a follow up to Dark Knight (though you'll get no argument from me RE Bane). He was that good. Leto's Joker just didn't vibe with me. Seemed too flashy and over the top, though I think he is a great actor.

Agree with the rest of your post. I loved Bane in TDKR too (the movie itself was ehhh) but man, it's such a great and disappointing what-if scenario if Ledger was able to return like Nolan had planned. They could have done something truly special with a recurring villain as iconic as Ledger's Joker was. oh well.

I didn't really mind Leto's take. It was more Clown Prince of Crime Joker with an unique twist. I just really appreciated that he was already established in their world and had been battling with Batman for a long time. 

I'm ok with the Joker not returning. He's not necessarily needed for Batman, they just have to be willing to do justice to the his other foes. You can take something that should be kinda ridiculous and make it serious and practical like they did with Scarecrow in BB. Use that to tell interesting and complex character driven stories. That's what really made Nolan's trilogy so great imo, it was thought provoking, asking interesting questions for the viewer while it focused on believable and well written characters going through real human struggles and emotions just within the context of capes and cowls. It's why Logan worked so well too.  

I haven't even kept up, are we still getting Affleck/Deathstroke in a Batman movie before he quits?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I haven't even kept up, are we still getting Affleck/Deathstroke in a Batman movie before he quits?

I don't think anybody really knows what's going on with that movie.  But with the demise of Justice League and overall turmoil in the DCEU, I'd be shocked if Affleck came back.  I think The Batman might go the way of Gambit and just float out there for a few years.

You can't have great superhero movies without great villains and Batman has arguably the best set of villains of any superhero franchise. What made the Bale trilogy so good as that all three movies had incredible villains, but even then we didn't get to see Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Penguin etc.

How would people feel about an Alfred origin movie? People forget he actually had a military/MI6 background before becoming the Wayne's butler. I think it'd be interesting.

Edited by Warhead36

17 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I don't think anybody really knows what's going on with that movie.  But with the demise of Justice League and overall turmoil in the DCEU, I'd be shocked if Affleck came back.  I think The Batman might go the way of Gambit and just float out there for a few years.

Last I've heard was Matt Reeves is developing a new Batman trilogy but wants a younger batman.  The Affleck movie was killed, but he might make an appearance in the Flashpoint movie.   

On 3/21/2018 at 10:46 AM, Warhead36 said:

How would people feel about an Alfred origin movie? People forget he actually had a military/MI6 background before becoming the Wayne's butler. I think it'd be interesting.

Doesnt really sit well with me. I like past being somewhat mysterious as well as why he became a butler after that earlier life.