Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

18 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I mean they had to try to “cool up” aqua man. He’s ****ing aqua man he’s a lame loser that nobody care about and everybody makes fun of. 

Unless you just go cliche aqua man and he is basically buzz lightyear oblivious to the fact that he’s so lame and everybody is laughing at him the whole time. That could have worked. 

The problem is super hero team ups are just dumb.  

Im sure I’ll like it more than most tho. Oh well. 

That's the Aquaman from the olden days.  They've rehabbed Aquaman pretty well in the New 52, making him more badass, which is what this Aquaman is based on.  Not the guy from Super Friends.

Superhero team-ups are dumb, then the source material themselves are dumb cuz that's all they do is have team-ups.  Growing up, some of the best stories were the team-ups.

Edited by justice98

8 hours ago, DM72 said:

No way will bad reviews keep me from going to see this.

I still believe critics are much harsher on DC than Marvel.

I dunno about that. I've watched all the movies, and even with some of the problems with the MCU, DC has been on a whole different level of sadness and overall wtf, since they started this with Man of Steel. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DM72 said:

No way will bad reviews keep me from going to see this.

I still believe critics are much harsher on DC than Marvel.

I agree. Things that are criticized in DC movies are completely overlooked in marvel reviews.

I think this was most evident in civil war. Plot wise that movie made not one shred of sense at all. character motivations and actions made no sense. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

Superhero team-ups are dumb, then the source material themselves are dumb cuz that's all they do is have team-ups.  Growing up, some of the best stories were the team-ups.

They make sense in comics where you can be ridiculous but not in movies that are grounded in some type of reality. Because once Superman exists, the rest of the Justice League is kinda pointless.

It's why Captain America is stuck hopping over taxis and maybe took out 10 random baddies while Iron Man, Hulk and Thor crushed several thousand or more. Cap not even being on the planet doesn't change that fight at all. 

batman dealing with penguin is completely irrelevant when wonder woman and superman are around

35 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I agree. Things that are criticized in DC movies are completely overlooked in marvel reviews.

I think this was most evident in civil war. Plot wise that movie made not one shred of sense at all. character motivations and actions made no sense. 

Mv5dCk0.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They make sense in comics where you can be ridiculous but not in movies that are grounded in some type of reality. Because once Superman exists, the rest of the Justice League is kinda pointless.

It's why Captain America is stuck hopping over taxis and maybe took out 10 random baddies while Iron Man, Hulk and Thor crushed several thousand or more. Cap not even being on the planet doesn't change that fight at all. 

Without Captain America's guidance, Hulk is going to crush several thousand good guys as well. He needs the Avengers just as much as they need him.  

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I would say Guardians of the Galaxy was most confusing on that front. But it had a cool soundtrack so it gets a pass.

I understood the charcters in Civil War easily. Stark and Rogers driven by mild paranoia (let's call them principles) over freedom and security. The age old conflict of conscience. The others were in tow and divided in loyalty.

13 hours ago, Springfield said:

What do you expect?

Man of Steel was 55%

Batman vs Superman was 27%

Suicide Squad was 26%

They got lucky with Wonder Woman.

Id say that low 50’s is quite ambitious for Justice League.

Official score out, 40%.  I want my money back and I haven't even gone to see it yet.

1 hour ago, Mournblade said:

Without Captain America's guidance, Hulk is going to crush several thousand good guys as well. He needs the Avengers just as much as they need him.  

All cap did was tell him “smash” 

he gave him zero guidance in that movie. It was a punchline. 

54 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

I would say Guardians of the Galaxy was most confusing on that front. But it had a cool soundtrack so it gets a pass.

I understood the charcters in Civil War easily. Stark and Rogers driven by mild paranoia (let's call them principles) over freedom and security. The age old conflict of conscience. The others were in tow and divided in loyalty.

Cap was supposed to be the leader yet he plowed the team headfirst into conflict that nearly killed one of them, all based on a silly fear he had that something bad “might” possibly happen down the road. It was a silly manufactured divide so they could fight. 

Would have shown far more leadership to keep the group of super powerful beings together as one and sign the accords until this bad thing he feared actually happened. Then they could just break from the accords and be fugitives anyway. 

So let’s see: play along for now and keep peace between the sole protectors of the world and possibly become fugitives later while waiting to see if this fear is ever actually realized 

or 

eh forget all that. I’m being spoiled cuz I’m in a Dick measuring contest with stark and let’s nust be fugitives now and fight and split the entire group rendering the world I want to save completely vulnerable 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Heresy.

Explain how some random dude happened to discover the secret military base/prison where they took Bucky and then, somehow, with 4 other avengers on site, just walks in to examine the biggest criminal in the world.

Oh who are you?

I’m a doctor.

No badge or ID or anything? Hey did we even call a doctor? eh I’ll allow it. come on in. What’s that? You want to talk to the winter soldier completely alone? Yeah...sure why not. 

Also, how about his plan that he apparently somehow knew the winter soldier killed starks parents 25 years ago in a case so classified none of the avengers know of it and he also somehow knew there was a book that contained all the winter soldiers programming too and somehow also figured out how to get that. And somehow also was able to devise a massive EPM bomb to be delivered at the exact time he needed to be there. 

And he did all of this on the chance that somehow iron man and Captain America would both find their way to this other remote ass base in the middle of nowhere at the exact same time and wait patiently together while they both watched the video of the winter soldier killing starks parents which fortunately for all, was recorded by the camera stuck in a random tree on the random road the starks were traveling on that happened to be the exact spot and time TWS decided to kill each at. 

And then he succeeds in all of this and also knows that it will cause iron man to want to fight Bucky and that cap will defend him. 

So all of his ridiculous, preposterous plan that makes not one shred of actual sense was simply so this one guy could potentially get iron man and cap to fight? 

And all this because he was just some random dude that had his family killed in age of ultron? 

Yep ok. But Martha and jolly ranchers and other stuff ?

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

"Superman, please forgive me, I didn't mean for things to get out of hand the way that it did between us  You showed me everything it means to be a true leader, and I'll do my best to keep your memory alive in my heart... As soon as I pick up Luthor from soccer practice"

-Batman

*Drops mic*

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

"Superman, please forgive me, I didn't mean for things to get out of hand the way that it did between us  You showed me everything it means to be a true leader, and I'll do my best to keep your memory alive in my heart and in this world.. As soon as I takeLuthor to prison"

-Batman

*Drops mic*

Exactly

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

All cap did was tell him “smash” 

he gave him zero guidance in that movie. It was a punchline. 

Cap was supposed to be the leader yet he plowed the team headfirst into conflict that nearly killed one of them, all based on a silly fear he had that something bad “might” possibly happen down the road. It was a silly manufactured divide so they could fight. 

Would have shown far more leadership to keep the group of super powerful beings together as one and sign the accords until this bad thing he feared actually happened. Then they could just break from the accords and be fugitives anyway. 

So let’s see: play along for now and keep peace between the sole protectors of the world and possibly become fugitives later while waiting to see if this fear is ever actually realized 

or 

eh forget all that. I’m being spoiled cuz I’m in a Dick measuring contest with stark and let’s nust be fugitives now and fight and split the entire group rendering the world I want to save completely vulnerable 

Cap was directing the whole team by the end of the first one.  

Cap was a man of principle and he stuck to them.  And he didnt trust the government.  They explained all this.  

What about not wanting to be regulated by the government doesnt make sense?

His thought process made perfect sense to me.

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

batman dealing with penguin is completely irrelevant when wonder woman and superman are around

No offense, but I feel like you dont get these movies/characters at all.  Or why they've worked all these years in various mediums doing the very things you hate. lol

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Explain how some random dude happened to discover the secret military base/prison where they took Bucky and then, somehow, with 4 other avengers on site, just walks in to examine the biggest criminal in the world.

Oh who are you?

I’m a doctor.

No badge or ID or anything? Hey did we even call a doctor? eh I’ll allow it. come on in. What’s that? You want to talk to the winter soldier completely alone? Yeah...sure why not. 

Also, how about his plan that he apparently somehow knew the winter soldier killed starks parents 25 years ago in a case so classified none of the avengers know of it and he also somehow knew there was a book that contained all the winter soldiers programming too and somehow also figured out how to get that. And somehow also was able to devise a massive EPM bomb to be delivered at the exact time he needed to be there. 

And he did all of this on the chance that somehow iron man and Captain America would both find their way to this other remote ass base in the middle of nowhere at the exact same time and wait patiently together while they both watched the video of the winter soldier killing starks parents which fortunately for all, was recorded by the camera stuck in a random tree on the random road the starks were traveling on that happened to be the exact spot and time TWS decided to kill each at. 

And then he succeeds in all of this and also knows that it will cause iron man to want to fight Bucky and that cap will defend him. 

So all of his ridiculous, preposterous plan that makes not one shred of actual sense was simply so this one guy could potentially get iron man and cap to fight? 

And all this because he was just some random dude that had his family killed in age of ultron? 

Yep ok. But Martha and jolly ranchers and other stuff ?

lol, alright ya, there were some parts that were suspect.  But I think you're overthinking it.  I enjoyed it, sorry you didn't.

• Haha 1