Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What 

The

http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-joker-origin-movie-todd-phillips-martin-scorsese-scott-silver-batman-dc-universe-1202154053/

Says Leto will still play the Joker in the Suicide Squad sequel, and a Harley Quinn spin-off, but not play this different Joker. 

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/24/is-the-batman-not-dceu-matt-reeves-affleck-/

Although it looks like the Director for the next Batman movie has clarified his previous remarks and confirms it will be a part of DCEU and Affleck is still Batman. 

• Like 2

I don't need a Joker origin story really but much the same way the D.C. Animated movies just take famous stories and adapt them...that's what DC should do for their live movies. 

Adapt the Long Halloween which may not be the best example since TDK pulled heavily from it but you get the idea. Do The Killing Joke and it'll have Batgirl and others in it and don't worry about explaining who they all are and their origins. The animated movies pick up right in the middle and don't need to introduce characters etc. the live action shouldn't either. I get that is scary and a risk it won't appeal to casual fans but it might actually. Casual fans didn't know **** about  deadpool and look how successful that was even to be rated r. 

Do a proper standalone Man of Steel trilogy that leads up to a true Doomsday fight death and ressurection. Again, they can't now but that is what they should have done and they should adapt other quality stories for standalone 

It would give them a lot of flexibility to make actual quality stories and movies 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That’s dumb. Ugh 

This is going to be a disaster 

They really have screwed this one up from jump street.  For many of the same reasons that Suicide Squad struggled, this will suffer a similar fate.  The execs need to let the filmmaking people make the decisions instead of the marketing people.  It's always gonna be a balance, but there's too many cooks in the kitchen. 

It's gonna be the motion picture equivalent of Cici's Pizza.  

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm thinking Avengers: Inifinity War will be the last of the great superhero films. Avengers does have a lot going for it, especially

the cast -- Evans, Downey, Johansson, Ruffalo, Mackie and Olsen in particular. Even a hack director would have a tough time

screwing up a film with that cast. 

Edited by Mournblade

On 11/11/2017 at 10:04 PM, Warhead36 said:

Ugh I don't like the Crossover episodes because I don't watch Supergirl or Legends of Tomorrow.

I hear ya.  I just skipped those two on the last crossover.  I know I missed some stuff, but I just wasnt interested.

On 11/10/2017 at 11:54 AM, Mournblade said:

I'm thinking Avengers: Inifinity War will be the last of the great superhero films. Avengers does have a lot going for it, especially

the cast -- Evans, Downey, Johansson, Ruffalo, Mackie and Olsen in particular. Even a hack director would have a tough time

screwing up a film with that cast. 

It's not so much the director as it is the suits sticking their hands in it messing it up.

One of the Justice League post credit scenes leaked online.

Spoiler

Basically, Luthor broke out of prison and summoned Deathstroke to a boat to talk about joining the Legion of Doom.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DM72 said:

JL reviews are coming in. DC has got to move away from Zack Snyder. 

Weird that Rotten Tomatoes hasn't released ratings yet, but IMBd is not encouraging either.  I still may go, but I definitely have my concerns.  Think they've already showed the movie in the trailers, sort of like with Dawn of Justice.

Edited by Renegade7

They should also do away with the DragonBall Z style fight scenes.

Once I saw Aquaman cracking jokes in the trailer i knew it was already over.

It's Aquaman..... The best thing you could remotely hope for is to have him be so life hating and serious that he'd slap smiling children. Having him do stand up comedy pretty much lets me know you've mailed it in

Edited by Mr. Sinister

The Justice League heroes are just...boring compared to say Avengers. I mean Batman's a badass and Wonder Woman is cool, but beyond that? I mean Flash? The show is cool because of the cast and actors in it, but the guy playing Flash in the movie looks like a tool. Khal Drago as Aquaman? Aquaman has always been the lame butt of the joke of all superheroes? Cyborg? zzzzz

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Justice League heroes are just...boring compared to say Avengers. I mean Batman's a badass and Wonder Woman is cool, but beyond that? I mean Flash? The show is cool because of the cast and actors in it, but the guy playing Flash in the movie looks like a tool. Khal Drago as Aquaman? Aquaman has always been the lame butt of the joke of all superheroes? Cyborg? zzzzz

Yeah, don't understand, out of everyone they could've gone with, they settle on them. If they wanted a little comic relief they should've gone with Captain Marvel, and I would've rather seen GL or MM rather than Cyborg and that awful getup

• Like 1

I mean they had to try to “cool up” aqua man. He’s ****ing aqua man he’s a lame loser that nobody care about and everybody makes fun of. 

Unless you just go cliche aqua man and he is basically buzz lightyear oblivious to the fact that he’s so lame and everybody is laughing at him the whole time. That could have worked. 

The problem is super hero team ups are just dumb.  

Im sure I’ll like it more than most tho. Oh well. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man