Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Glad someone bumped this thread. 

Big news concerning Superman The Movie. A 3 hr special edition of Superman The Movie is going to be released on blu-ray later this year. Been waiting forever for this to happen. Hopefully they'll do the same with Superman II.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Which rumor?

I've seen a few of them.

The one saying there were 1, possibly 2, GLs in the movie, but they werent any of the obvious ones.  And in what capacity is unknown.

If I had to guess, wild speculation based on nothing, I would guess they shoehorn in GL like they did the JL in BvS.  Cuz apparently, the soundtrack might have hinted at a GL appearance in the second half of the movie.  Like the GLs are monitoring the happenings and decide their services are required for JL 2.

Just now, justice98 said:

The one saying there were 1, possibly 2, GLs in the movie, but they werent any of the obvious ones.  And in what capacity is unknown.

If I had to guess, wild speculation based on nothing, I would guess they shoehorn in GL like they did the JL in BvS.  Cuz apparently, the soundtrack might have hinted at a GL appearance in the second half of the movie.  Like the GLs are monitoring the happenings and decide their services are required for JL 2.

Ok. That's the rumor I saw too.

I just assume it's Jordan & Stewart but we could be surprised.

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

Glad someone bumped this thread. 

Big news concerning Superman The Movie. A 3 hr special edition of Superman The Movie is going to be released on blu-ray later this year. Been waiting forever for this to happen. Hopefully they'll do the same with Superman II.

By "special edition" are they rewriting it and reshooting the entire thing to make it good?  ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

By "special edition" are they rewriting it and reshooting the entire thing to make it good?  ?

Unlike many of today's superhero movies, Superman 1978 was actually  good. ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Finally getting around to Iron Fist. Verdict on the first 20 minutes so far, is, well.... Holy **** this is awful :o

They portray him as a naive idiot, which can make it tough to take (and that's far from the only issue), but it actually makes some sense in the grand scheme of things.  

My take anyway.  Lower your expectations and it's not (as) bad.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I do not like that WB is going forward with making movies that have nothing to do with the DCEU. All they'll do is make some weird crap that only half the audience will understand, and the other half will still be wondering how it ties into Justice League. 

What movie is this referring to?

Personally, I hate EUs. I've never cared for superhero team-ups like SuperFriends or Justice League or the Avengers etc. 

I like superheros to exist in their own world unique to them. Spiderman just isn't fun when he exists in the same world as Iron Man and Thor. 

Same with Batman/Superman etc. 

DC already had such a late start to their cinematic universe they should have just done standalone movies. If you want to throw together a teamup movie, make it a standalone movie. Everybody already knows the origin stories anyway by that point. It would almost exist as a what-if type of scenario. 

But I didn't enjoy the Avengers because i saw Thor's hammer at the end of Iron Man 2 or because i knew Cap was created by Stark's dad in his movie etc and it was all tied together and setup. I enjoyed it because it was awesome and it would have been exactly the same if they had no previous shared universe setup in the other individual movies and all just came together for the Avengers. 

It's just cheapens every single individual movie. Why wouldn't Batman just call up Supes and say " boy, I'm really in a pickle this time, the penguin has 500 penguins with rockets strapped on their backs and they are heading--- whats that? You just took care of it. Excellent. Thanks. Bye"

Why would captain america ever do anything on his own without bringing Iron man or the hulk with him. It's just dumb. And it leads to more dumb stuff like Cap having ridiculous powers in Civil War just so he isn't completely outclassed by the others

I hate it.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I think both should have a place in cinema, but more than that, I just want good movies, and don't care how they are formatted.

We've had no shortage of universe specific superhero movies, and most have been garbage, usually failing right out of the gate with either bad writing, casting, villains, or all of the above.

No one will truly delve deep into the unique pool for these kinds of movies, because no one is bold enough to risk the $$$ for anyone other than the latest tired iteration of any heroes top 3-5 villains, and trot the same crap out again and again. TDK trilogy was a once in a generation (minimum) event

• Like 1

I think it was time for a change (when it happened). Most individual movies outside of TDK/X-Men/Spider-Man 2002 fell flat. That's my point. The MCU was a changeup, to bring multiple heroes together to do something that has never been done before. And it worked.

DC has tried the same thing, but it has only muddied the water, instead of trying something different.

I agree that things have gotten old to a degree, but the Infinity War stuff was always the plan when they started this in 2008. 

And despite whatever issues i may have with some of the standalone movies, no single entity has recently even come close imo, aside from TDK and Deadpool. It's just hard to do

@Momma There Goes That Man There is either strongly rumored or at least confirmed to be a Joker origin story that won’t feature Jared Leto, and will be separate from the DCEU. And it’s rumored a Batman film will do the same, possibly without Affleck. 

I just feel like the WB is throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. As good as Wonder Woman was, I feel they were more shocked than anyone else about it’s success. And it’s that movie’s success that seems to have given them the motivation to branch out and do non-EU movies. It just feels very unprepared and random to me.