Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I thought JL was ok.  As others have said the CGI Steppenwolf wasn’t good. I found it distracting at times.  They didn’t really set up his character well or the mother boxes.  The biggest positive out of this movie was it set things up for the DCEU to go in a number of directions with characters.  

I think the Aquaman (or “Aquabro”) movie will be good.  I liked the Atlantian scenes.  

31 minutes ago, drowland said:

I thought JL was ok.  As others have said the CGI Steppenwolf wasn’t good. I found it distracting at times.  They didn’t really set up his character well or the mother boxes.  The biggest positive out of this movie was it set things up for the DCEU to go in a number of directions with characters.  

I think the Aquaman (or “Aquabro”) movie will be good.  I liked the Atlantian scenes.  

I think they edited the crap outta this thing to get it to 2 hrs and to prevent it from being bloated like BvS.  But it hurt JL, cuz like you say, they just dive right in to things and characters that woulda benefited from taking a little more time.

54 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They're seriously doing an Aquaman movie?

Coming December 18, 2018.  Filming as we speak.

Edited by justice98

3 hours ago, AJ* said:

"All based on some silly fear he had that something bad might happen?" Bad stuff had already happened lol. How is it a silly fear when in the prior movie he took down SHIELD because it was infested with Hydra agents? If he's already seen how corrupt government agencies can get and has saved the world from such terrorists then isn't that a good reason to want his group to remain autonomous instead of signing up to be regulated and controlled by god knows who? He brings up solid points in the discussion. What if something catastrophic happens where they can help but aren't able to because they have to ask permission first? And if they are "sent" somewhere how do they know who or what they're truly fighting for. It's basically SHIELD all over again.

This is my point. Why doesn’t he wait to see if the accords end up handcuffing them or becoming corrupt? He willingly plunges the team into battle and destroys the avengers on a hunch it might go south at some later date. He didn’t weigh the pros or cons of that situation at all. Some leader he is. 

It was dumb and it was forced to me that he would do that to the team rather than actually be cautious and wait it out knowing full well what it meant. 

Just watched the Crisis X crossover. Far better than last year's crossover. Some may disagree with that, but I felt they did the crossover better this year.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Out of curiosity, did anyone watch the "Earth-X" crossover?

Speculation on who this is....

It's probably a relative of Barry and Iris.  Maybe their daughter or granddaughter?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Just watched the Crisis X crossover. Far better than last year's crossover. Some may disagree with that, but I felt they did the crossover better this year.

It's probably a relative of Barry and Iris.  Maybe their daughter or granddaughter?

That's what I was thinking too.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just saw JL yesterday...finally. I liked it a lot. It was fun. A little rushed and setup, but that makes it more like the comics IMHO, which I like in this case. Thought it was cool to get to see Zeus. And I didn't think the CGI on Steppinwolf was bad at all. In fact I found it quite good. I liked Aquaman as well. If anything, I felt like Affleck was lacking some. And what can I say about Gal Gadot? She is one of the most beautiful woman I've seen in all my years.

On 12/2/2017 at 2:18 AM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Has anyone read the first chapter of Doomsday Clock, it is the sequel to Watchmen. 

Finished it this morning, though I was tempted to wait & read the whole thing at once, once they were all published. I've got the METAL crossover in the stack to go though once it's finished up next month.

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

What did you think?

I think it just set a lot of the groundwork for where it's going. Though they've been dropping some hints/clues for the last few years ever since Batman found that button stick in the wall of the Batcave & the real Wally West came back. Plus the Mr Oz/Jor-El storyline that recently ran in Superman. I'm a few issues behind on Dective but I'm figuring Tim Drake's believed death is tied into it somehow as well. It's got a really good chance to be a game changer for DC especially since Johns has been laying stuff out for so long with a slow burn. 

21 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I wonder since Black Lightening, think that's the name of the show; is joining CW next year.

Will the 2018 Crossover involve 5 shows?

I’m not certain, but I heard there would be no crossover between them because BL would air at a time when the other shows are on break. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

She was the best thing about Suicide Squad tho. 

Joker v Harley Quinn is just going to be dumb I can tell from here 

Initially, I thought so too but after watching the movie a few times I think Will Smith gave a pretty strong performance.

Heck, rather than all these Harley spinoffs, let's give Deadshot his own film.

• Like 1

Just now, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Initially, I thought so too but after watching the movie a few times I think Will Smith gave a pretty strong performance.

Heck, rather than all these Harley spinoffs, let's give Deadshot his own film.

I can agree with that. He was great in it and gave some emotional levity to the movie as well. 

I should have included him. 

• Like 2

I'm actually surprised Robbie agreed to do all of these films considering how much she disliked portraying Quinn, and hated her outfit. But I guess money talks....

My point about her being the Hugh Jackman of the DCEU is about how FOX kinda ruined the X-Men by focusing SO MUCH of their stories on Wolverine. He's a great character, but if your only exposure to the X-Men were the movies you'd think the X-Men were incompetent freaks who never accomplished anything until their Lord and Savior Logan arrived. He got all the attention, and all the stories centered around him and led to three spin-off films where only one was any good. 

Fox was doing the same thing to Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. Her role in Apocalypse is the most un-Mystique thing I've ever seen, but done solely to keep Lawrence on screen for the majority of the movie. FOX has a habit of watching one of their cast become a big star, often not for their role in the X-Men movies, and then trying to capitalize on that stardom by making everything about their X-Men character. Unfortunately, it ruins these epic storylines that have very little to nothing to do with that character. Thank God it's looking as if Disney is about to buy it all back from FOX and do the X-Men justice.

Anyway, WB would do well to not emulate anything FOX has done with the X-Men, especially trying to capitalize on their biggest actors/actresses by doing these spin-offs. Margot Robbie may be a household name, but Harley Quinn isn't. 

Edited by Gamebreaker