Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

41 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Wonder Women currently is at 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Maybe DC has finally got a movie that the critics love.

Most of the reviews I've seen have been pretty lukewarm. I'll still see it, but not in theatres, only on Blu-Ray. 

Edited by Mournblade

It was very well done. I'll be honest, I have never given a crap about wonder woman previously, ever. 

This movie really makes you care about the character, who she is and what she stands for. Gal Gadot killed it and I was one that thought her casting initially was a bad idea because of how thin and frail she appeared.

I loved how strong her ideals are and how hard it was for her coming to terms with the flaws of man but still realizing that man was worth fighting for. 

Chris Pine was awesome in this movie too. 

The fight scenes were great, if completely unbelievable. I always have trouble reconciling someone like her or Cap America hiding behind a shield and not getting their legs shot to pieces. At least, Wonder Woman has the speed and reflexes to actually block the bullets which makes her scenes move believable.

Speaking of Cap, I think this compares naturally to the first Captain America with the world war setting, german enemies etc. This is a whole massive amount more entertaining and better than Cap imo. 

Finally, it was very refreshing to see a strong female superhero. This was a big first step, hopefully. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 4

I really liked it too. Pretty much everything worked except the female comic relief character who ironically seemed like she was going to be great in the previews. Thought they stayed true to the character, deepened her nicely, and told a good story.

I wonder if they chose WWI instead of WWII because DC was ceding WWII to Cap? When you talk about great evils WWII is about as bad as it gets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I wonder if they chose WWI instead of WWII because DC was ceding WWII to Cap? When you talk about great evils WWII is about as bad as it gets.

I did wonder in the theater...damn what is she going to think in about 20 years when world war 2 rolls around. 

It is also odd that the Amazons essentially are deemed as protectors of man but are basically isolated with their heads in the sand waiting for an attack on their home. They missed quite a bit of Aries throughout history. 

• 1 month later...

Flash Season 4 Trailer

I Zombie Season 4 Trailer

Lucifer Season 3 Trailer

Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Trailer

Supergirl Series 3 Trailer

Arrow Series 6 Trailer

Gotham Series 4 Trailer

2 hours ago, DM72 said:

The new Justice League trailer kicks all kinds of ass.

If I'm DC, I'm making all of my movies rated R (save the feel good stuff for little girls or whatever like Wonder Woman.) Batman, rated R. Superman, rated R. Justice League, R. Green Lantern, Aquaman, Flash, Suicide Squad, Sirens, R R R R R R. Violence, nudity, grown folks stuff. Cause I'm telling you, people are going to get burnt out on the Marvel/Avengers formula shortly here. Coming on late with your stuff, you better do it differently. Characters might be superior but all people are going to see is "another superhero" movie. 

Just my opinion. Actually though I look forward to the next PG-13 Suicide Squad with ancient Mayan subway witches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

If I'm DC, I'm making all of my movies rated R (save the feel good stuff for little girls or whatever like Wonder Woman.) Batman, rated R. Superman, rated R. Justice League, R. Green Lantern, Aquaman, Flash, Suicide Squad, Sirens, R R R R R R. Violence, nudity, grown folks stuff. Cause I'm telling you, people are going to get burnt out on the Marvel/Avengers formula shortly here. Coming on late with your stuff, you better do it differently. Characters might be superior but all people are going to see is "another superhero" movie. 

Just my opinion. Actually though I look forward to the next PG-13 Suicide Squad with ancient Mayan subway witches. 

You're right. The market is already flooded with superhero movies, and quite frankly looks like a lot of bad ones (Inhumans, Defenders) on the way.

DC would be smart to try and distinguish themselves in some way. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...