Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

They need to just scrap all of it and stay with Wonder Woman.

I fear with the repercussions, no one will touch Batman for a long time,  which I guess I'm okay with.

This should be a lesson (one that the Star Wars world Is probably about to learn next) that not everything needs an extended universe. It gets tiring, especially if you suck at it 

• Like 3

Losing Carvil is bad, thats totally Superman.  DC is jus straight s***ing on itself right now, need to pump breaks in their extended universe immediatly, let Aquaman come out and scrape the Cyborg and Flash movie, regroup.  You can't do this without even knowing who Batman and Superman are, nows the time to swallow their pride and hand it over to their animation department (which they won't do, dont even know why I'm putting they out there)

Edited by Renegade7

18 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They need to just scrap all of it and stay with Wonder Woman.

I fear with the repercussions, no one will touch Batman for a long time,  which I guess I'm okay with.

This should be a lesson (one that the Star Wars world Is probably about to learn next) that not everything needs an extended universe. It gets tiring, especially if you suck at it 

its really astounding how badly they fumbled the ball on this one. In an era in which this genre of movies is making money hand over fist, they dropped a dud with the most recognizable superheros in existence in one movie. They don't even have to be great, just don't suck, yet that bar seems too high. People want to see the universe succeed, but whoever is in charge clearly lacks the overarching minds to put it together in a somewhat cohesive fashion.

I'm not much a DC superhero guy, just didn't connect to them like I did the guys at Marvel when I growing up. That said, I always wanted to see the DC Universe succeed because they have stories that should translate to the big screen well, and credible competition keeps everybody sharp.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Losing Carvil is bad, thats totally Superman.  DC is jus straight s***ing on itself right now, need to pump breaks in their extended universe immediatly, let Aquaman come out and scrape the Cyborg and Flash movie, regroup.  You can't do this without even knowing who Batman and Superman are, nows the time to swallow their pride and hand it over to their animation department (which they won't do, dont even know why I'm putting they out there)

the guy that plays Cyborg said his solo film will probably end up being too expensive to actually make

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

the guy that plays Cyborg said his solo film will probably end up being too expensive to actually make

More interested in putting that money to John Stewart Green Lantern anyway, Cyborg looked like he was made with PlayStation 2 technology

sounds-good-to-me-cat.gif

@StillUnknown, well said 

Been thinking for awhile now that it really goes far beyond just bad acting. Acting truly hasn't been the problem. It's bad casting, bad scripts, bad cg, bad vision, and that screams "Suits" to me.

The Justice League experiment never had a shot. I'm glad they at least got Wonder Woman right, but who knows how that will do post Captain Marvel, because MCU always nails their casting roles, and putting Brie Larson at the vanguard of the Avengers may cool the hotstreak they are on with Gal Gadot

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Bring back Michael Keaton and do a Batman Beyond storyline...

Honestly, Batman Beyond may be exactly what the franchise needs at this point,  at least big screen wise.

Shame, really. I've always liked their animated stuff (Assault on Arkham was way better than the live movie version of Suicide Squad).

• Like 2

Batman Beyond is a great idea for a movie but I wouldn't bring Keaton back. he was never believable as either Bruce Wayne or Batman. 

I was going to say to age up Brolin 10 years and let him be the old Batman in Beyond but he's in two marvel franchises so that wouldn't work. But I think he would be perfect. 

On 9/12/2018 at 12:13 PM, justice98 said:

FWIW, Cavill's agent says reports of his exit from the role are untrue.

Yeah, looks like Cavill confirmed he's still around. The rumors were due to DC not being able to negotiate a cameo of Superman in Shazam.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Yeah, looks like Cavill confirmed he's still around. The rumors were due to DC not being able to negotiate a cameo of Superman in Shazam.

That makes some sense that it's how this all started then.  From what I can tell, they don't even have any plans for Superman's next appearance.  There's not JL2 planned right now, there's no Man of Steel 2 planned, they didn't fit him in Shazam, there's nothing coming.  Lord knows when we'll see Superman again. So I think the longer it drags out, the less likely it is that Cavill comes back.  He could wind up being James Bond before we see him in a cape again.

Maybe they do Flashpoint in the Flash movie, and it becomes a JL 1.5.  Kinda like how Captain America: Civil War was.  Story's about the Flash, but basically everybody's in it.  Having said that, the Flash movie is perpetually in turmoil, until they start filming, I won't believe it's being made. 

Edited by justice98

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

That makes some sense that it's how this all started then.  From what I can tell, they don't even have any plans for Superman's next appearance.  There's not JL2 planned right now, there's no Man of Steel 2 planned, they didn't fit him in Shazam, there's nothing coming.  Lord knows when we'll see Superman again. So I think the longer it drags out, the less likely it is that Cavill comes back.  He could wind up being James Bond before we see him in a cape again.

Maybe they do Flashpoint in the Flash movie, and it becomes a JL 1.5.  Kinda like how Captain America: Civil War was.  Story's about the Flash, but basically everybody's in it.  Having said that, the Flash movie is perpetually in turmoil, until they start filming, I won't believe it's being made. 

The DCEU lacks a coherent vision and has from the start.

• Like 1