Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I've just got to go out and say it, this is NOT a bad movie. This is a good movie.

There are issues with it but just seeing so many people complain about this movie, it wasn't that bad. Maybe I've been reading too much biased Marvel material and message boards, but I do NOT see the problem with this movie.

It told a solid plot about how these Eternals started and their life on Earth. It had characters you gave a damn about. The visuals were mind blowing. The pace was a bit off but who cares. And yes, could you get bored? You could. But it's just setting up more of the story.

I don't know why I'm so defensive about this movie but I really insist it is worth 2 hours and 30 minutes of your time. I absolutely loved it.

Disagree with almost everything you said. Salma Hayek character was boring. Spite yawn, mind control dude was whiny. Character who changes stuff. Yawn. Plus that scene with her and Superman. Wtf was that. No kinda passion. 

the visuals were nice tho.

Kumail was dope. I dunno why your so defensive. It was a dumb movie. Them not getting involved versus thanos was really dumb. 

The only parts I really liked were the historical references, but other then that it was an all around poor movie.

I will say I LOLd everytime one of the two guys from Game of Thrones would tell the Cersi character they loved her. And I wasn't the only one in my theater. They had to have done that on purpose.

Edited by Warhead36

Saw Eternals last night. I'm a bit a mixed on it, overall it was ok. Cinematography was outstanding. Same as Warhead, I loved the historical locations (and the Mesopotamia themes). I enjoyed all of the Eternals and thought the cast was great with their performances. I actually liked Druig (the mind control guy) and the super-fast Eternal the most. When he mind-controlled the army and walked off with them it was genuinely creepy.

My main gripe was the look of the Deviants and later, their motivation. We've seen that generic look over and over - the beast Samael in Hellboy and the aliens in Edge of Tomorrow.

Regarding the Deviant's motivation, they wanted the exact same thing as the Eternals, so a chunk of the third act was baffling and broke the internal narrative. My Dad, who is awful at paying attention to movie plots, immediately questioned me about it after the movie.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 1

I'm a sucker for all things Marvel and MCU. That said, I have not felt the itch to go catch The Eternals in theaters. I'm sure I'll buy in when it hits Disney+ and I'll either love it or talk myself into liking it. I appreciate all the reviews here!

I'm a big "ancient civilizations" enthusiast so I'm excited to hear the references to Mesopotamia.

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They’re also doing an animated Spider-Man series called Freshman Year that will show MCU Peter’s origin story.

Perhaps it will also show the origin of when he became a little **** too? Unlikely 

I'm excited for another origin story for spiderman. Seriously, they need to move both spiderman and batman (I know, not Marvel) on with some new storylines and villains.

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1