Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - Report: Joe Barry to be named Redskins' defensive coordinator

HapHaszard

I mean doesn't this hire stink to you? Doesn't this point to Jay being gone sooner rather than later? I don't see how we can be excited about this. All we can hope for is that McCloughan puts some solid people in place after he purges the staff in a year or two.

Could you please take yourself a little more seriously?  :P

Is my having a little traditional fun that's very appropriate to the board an issue for you?

Just laugh with me brother, the whole Royal thing was especially for folks who might like to take a brief break from the angst and have a laugh.

All I'm gonna say is this: prove us wrong, Mr. Barry. Just prove us wrong. I don't care about your past right now, though it does concern me. I don't know how to do your job. I don't know a good prospect from a ripe kiwi. All I want is a winning team. If you can make that happen, you will have my undying respect and loyalty.

Could you please take yourself a little more seriously?  :P

Is my having a little traditional fun that's very appropriate to the board an issue for you?

Just laugh with me brother, the whole Royal thing was especially for folks who might like to take a brief break from the angst and have a laugh.

The Royal line made me lol but this whole thing just gets me down.

I'm in my early 20s and the Skins have been terrible my whole life and it's like "wait til next year and THEN we start a rebuild we can be excited about". We haven't completed 1 rebuild in a decade while teams like the cardinals have gone from superbowl to rebuild back to playoff contention. I'll be a Skins fan til I die but man this hire just makes me believe we're going to spin our wheels for another season or more.

The Peter Principle was a fave back in the day. I has a fairly rapid and steep rise in positions in my first career and I had read that as a teenager and kept figuring I would hit my ceiling and the jig would be up.  :lol:

Managed to sneak through 22 years in that field before I got caught.  :P

Um, none of that is added information or unknown to anyone in this thread, I'd assume. I'm pretty confident I know what your (misplaced) "point" is and why you're inserting yourself, just as I'm confident you don't grasp what MY point is in that quote, or that it's attached to a long ongoing matter under review all across the board. But your efforts are noted.

Splendid that you're confident you know my point.  Perhaps you can explain it to me someday.  You are correct that I don't grasp your point but since it apparently has little to do with the thread topic I have little interest and will refrain from "inserting" myself any further.  Good day, sir.

I understand your grief, Steve, and after 54 years of following this team, I can tell you there have been more than one long drought of misery. For me, a sense of humor, covering everything from dark and questionable to light and silly, is not just one of my favorite and most recommended coping mechanisms, it's a life saver. The majority of my posts are actually in the humorous vein. But I make a lot of post of lots of different forms and intent. Now ya got me serious. Hope you're happy.  :D

Here's a description that paints a MUCH better picture of Joe Barry from Chargers.com 

http://www.chargers.com/team/coaches/joe-barry/c0b5a89b-2044-4783-80d5-c98a75b73fba

Quick Notes:

- Linebacker coach for 2002 Bucs that won SB

- No one here in SD complained about him and he was commended for getting a lot out of late round, UDFA, and former practice squad linebackers after the chargers suffered so many injuries to the corps the past couple of seasons. 

Everyone though is going to look at the Lions part of his resume though. He's been around HOF talent at the linebacker position and has done a good job molding talent even late round guys. While I want to say hey you guys hated Haslett so this is what you get, I'm willing to wait and see what Barry can do.

Splendid that you're confident you know my point.  Perhaps you can explain it to me someday.  You are correct that I don't grasp your point but since it apparently has little to do with the thread topic I have little interest and will refrain from "inserting" myself any further.  Good day, sir.

I could elaborate and explain, but let's not. I still love ya dude. It's not even a deal of any kind on my end. Um, "good day" to you, amigo.  :)

Can we all at least agree that regardless of the coach and/or coordinators, the personnel on the field needs the biggest upgrade.  Fangio might have sounded nice in theory, but he was only going to be as successful here as the front office set him up to be.

A lot of coordinators around the league were virtual "nobodies" until good drafting & smart signings brought in studs to improve the team, then suddenly they were known as geniuses. 

No one on this board knows either on of these guys or coached with them...fact. Fangio is not as good as he was hyped to be. Barry is not as bad as he is being portrayed. Let it play out and give him a chance. He will have a chip and something to prove, I'm fine with it.

Would 't that normally be the scheming of the DC rather than a position coach.? So we think Barry is better than KO or Baker? This is better than Haslett and Morris? Color me skeptical.

It shows he can teach when a practice squad player had 4 sacks.

OH ****ING BULL **** IF FANGIO IS BRINGING ROBERT ROYAL WITH HIM THEN JAY CAN JUST FLOAT A BOAT UP BRUCE'S CANAL AND FROM NOW ON I WILL JUST GFORK SNORKKLE FLUMPFUFFER ARRRRGHHHHHHHHH!

Damn, you almost had me swooning. For a minute there I thought he was bringing Eddie Royal with him from SD. I was about to make reservations at Morton's.

why would they pay top dollar for a defensive coordinator if this is Jay's last year?

I can't see any defensive coordinator worth his weight in gold willing to take a one-year gig.

if we don't score more points my bed is J is gone *that's bet -darn tablet won't let me backspace)

This was the sticking point I am hearing in why Fangio chose Fox and the Bears because Fangio knows Fox will be in Chicago for at least 3 years. Fangio also wants to be a head coach also so in essence Fangio would be a stop gap in Chicago if he turns around the Bears defense. Gruden could be gone next year if the same results happen and thus Fangio out of a job. 

This was the sticking point I am hearing in why Fangio chose Fox and the Bears because Fangio knows Fox will be in Chicago for at least 3 years. Fangio also wants to be a head coach also so in essence Fangio would be a stop gap in Chicago if he turns around the Bears defense.

It makes sense. It's not like we have a promising coaching staff with a track record of winning. Much better job security and future potential in chicago.

Archived