Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

So, I've had this Butterball turkey breast roast in the freezer for years (I think we were gonna make it but went back to the standing rib roast tradition that started in Savannah) and I don't know if I should try to use it.  I mean, it's been frozen and will probably take a day or two to thaw...whadda y'all think? 

Btw, I've never cooked a turkey in my life.  :ols:

It should be fine.

Cooked up some Omaha steaks n sausages I had in my freezer for over three years. They were still quite the delicious. 😋

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

It should be fine.

Cooked up some Omaha steaks n sausages I had in my freezer for over three years. They were still quite the delicious. 😋

Fantastic service.  Like 20 meals for less than $100 (they send me all kinds of discounts since my first order). 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

So, I've had this Butterball turkey breast roast in the freezer for years (I think we were gonna make it but went back to the standing rib roast tradition that started in Savannah) and I don't know if I should try to use it.  I mean, it's been frozen and will probably take a day or two to thaw...whadda y'all think? 

Btw, I've never cooked a turkey in my life.  :ols:

I dunno about anything frozen that long. But if you figure it’s safe to unfreeze, definitely cook it. 

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I dunno about anything frozen that long. But if you figure it’s safe to unfreeze, definitely cook it. 

Yeah, that's what I was thinkin'...I'll definitely know in the first small bite whether it tastes right or not, and it will hit the can if it doesn't. 

The 15.4lb bags of Royal Oak Lump are on sale at Walmart.com right now for $13.47 each   I only use lump in the Kamado and the Royal Oak is really good stuff.  I snagged 3 bags and saved $50.00.  Free shipping/delivery on orders over $35.00.  My favorite, Jealous Devil lump,  is on sale too, but the discount isn't as steep.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I used the food processor again to mince garlic. you get the same results as a knife and you won't cut yourself. was cutting garlic the other day and ****ing knife sliced my finger. ****ing bull. anyway for my safety and due to chronic arthritis in my hand I will use my food processor. 

PXL_20231116_171029011.thumb.jpg.4023a0a62afa1ba23014aaa659893c1b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 4

20 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I used the food processor again to mince garlic. you get the same results as a knife and you won't cut yourself. was cutting garlic the other day and ****ing knife sliced my finger. ****ing bull. anyway for my safety and due to chronic arthritis in my hand I will use my food processor. 

I'm kind of lazy so I use this for garlic (or similar brand). It has a decent shelf life...

image.png.ef2fcfedffbddca2c168e5ce99281d62.png

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4