Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

I usually boil shrimp in Old Savannah, once they float they're done. But the scallops...I suppose I could put em on the Foreman, drizzled with olive oil...or I could sear em in the stainless steel saute pan...

Getting late. I'll dream about it. :ols:

Get the pan hot, put some oil in there, season the scallops, place them on the pan.  Maybe 2 minutes, check to assure seared, flip, repeat, serve.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My wife is a steak well done lady as well.  It provides very little room for error between tender and leather no matter the cut of meat.  I should have known early on that it was only a sign of things to come!

It's a challenge,  that's for sure.  

23 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

If you cut out the sentence about mayo, Splenda and frozen peas, I'm all over the rest of it.

My US House Rep (Hank Johnson) shows up at our summer neighborhood picnic every year with "Did that nice little lady bring the salad?" :ols:

The pan I showed above? I have to make 3 of those for the picnic. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have absolutely nailed down my Pot Roast recipe during this quarantine.  Rustic French style.

Chuck

Celery

Carrots

Onion

Stock

Wine

Garlic

Thyme

Cook for 6 hours, refrigerate, cook for 6 more.  Salt, Pepper, Corn Starch at the end.

Serve over mashed potatoes.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So how did it go?

It went okay, thanks. On at 7 am with hickory and apple wood chips.  Wrapped in butcher paper and back in at 1. Out at 4 and sat in a cooler wrapped in the paper and towel for an hour.  

Nice bark, beautiful pink smoke ring.  Fairly moist, but I could have taken it off a bit earlier.

• Like 6

Tonight's dinner right after it went on,(in the under construction poor man's outdoor kitchen ;) ),on a Weber kettle grill as well,(old one). The Zucchini? Yeah. It came from right across from the grill,(second pic). Yep.  That garden is still under construction as well. :) 

dinner1.jpg

garden1.jpg

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We've had this a few times, it's pretty good - have used it for tacos.

Turned out pretty good, wanted a little more medium on the fat side but still tender and good flavor to it

57B3D071-FF75-4087-AC2E-D940A589E6F6.jpeg

Edited by steve09ru
  • Like 8

With the wife on vacation, I need to fend for myself in the kitchen 😳 Cooked somen noodles for myself with all the good stuff:

image-20200626_184609.thumb.jpg.7bd16a0459bbd1684bf68b6cc76da1c4.jpg

As is often the case, my favorite part of cooking was frying up the veggies. The mushrooms were sautéed in a blend of balsamic and honey. Came out nice, cut the saltiness of the soup base down a bit. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 6