Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jay Cutler in 2015?

Hope&LoyaltyHTTR

ill be in the minority, im 100% fine with cutler the player (the contract is no no no).

i guess my question to the anti cutler guys is this: who else are we going to trot out next year?  cutler has at least proven he can play winning caliber football and put up pro bowl numbers.  yes he makes stupid faces and always looks like hes contemplating suicide, but if he can throw 30 TDs im 100% for it.

i think cutler would do well here - pending a better oline and an improved defense.  we arent winning anything regardless of the QB if our oline continues like this and if our defense continues like this.

I actually like Cutler as a reclamation project for someone. Not at his current salary and probably not the Redksins, because organizationally, we are incapable of reclaiming anyone.

But I would not be surprised at all if Cutler led some mediocre team to the playoffs in the next two years.

Cardinals would probably be his best spot to land.  Bruce Arians seems to get the most out of his QB's.

Lets say he is sitting on the street and was willing to take a 1 year deal to see where he's at, but that's about it.  I don't think he would sign a Colt McCoy deal, but I wouldn't give him much more.

Beyond the fact the money issue and what he would cost as a FA. The Redskins simply aren't a team that a QB goes to for restoring a career. There is no stability here. No OL here. No nothing here.

Then you have the part were Cutler would be trying his 3rd team. Nobody should offer anything for him. Let the Bears cut him and like Aireskoi said....AZ seems to make the most sense.

Cutler has already shown he can't lead an offense with arguably the best collection of skill position players in the NFC.

Marshall, Jeffrey, Forte and Bennet..   I know that they have OL trouble, and i don't see it being different here.

He's got a crap attitude, he can't elevate his game.

Some have said it and I agree; Jeff George, jr.

Million dollar arm, ten cent head.

~Bang

Could be worse. I saw that Mike Vick wants to be a Redskin. I mean if you really want an overrated QB to fail here, there's your answer.

isn't Kirk under also?

That's what I was referring to; Robert AND Kirk are under contract for 2015. We should roll with the two of them behind a MUCH improved (via draft) O-line. Nothing against Colt. I like him a lot. But the three-ring circus needs to leave before September. Gruden needs to not be tempted again with too many choices at QB!

As soon as i heard he was benched, I thought, good grief, someone is going to start a thread on Cutler to the Skins...  then I thought, wait no one would actually do that? Not Cutler to us? But yet here we are! Unreal!! 

With all due respect to the OP, Cutler is a self-centered, narcissistic, under-achieving idiot. He is the carbon copy of Jeff George except he throws even more interceptions! They even pout the same way!

Bringing Cutler here would be the worst possible decision Dan Snyder can make other than not selling the team. The good news is that contract of his will make certain he stays right where he is.

Bring in Cutler, bring in Vick, then we can put Cutler in the shotgun with Griffin on the right side of Cutler while Vick on the left hand side.

When in doubt, just throw it to either: Morris/Helu/Redd/Thompson, Reed/Paul/Paulson, Roberts/Garcon/Jackson/Grant/Moss, or even Griffin/Vick!

The possibilities are endless. Endless I say.

Wait, go one further, draft Winston as well! 5-peat. 

Cutler has all the raw tools.

Gruden is known as a QB's coach.  Look what he did with Dalton.  He just needs the right QB.  This could be the one.  

Gruden's QB coaching ability is under high scrutiny at this point so I don't want to hear anything about raw tools or the right QB.  All Jay needs to do is bring in another QB or two into the mix, hire the best QB coach possible, and stay away...... he was hired as the head coach so he should be worried about doing that job to the best of his ability

Gruden's QB coaching ability is under high scrutiny at this point so I don't want to hear anything about raw tools or the right QB.  All Jay needs to do is bring in another QB or two into the mix, hire the best QB coach possible, and stay away...... he was hired as the head coach so he should be worried about doing that job to the best of his ability

I think it's more an o-line problem with a splash of Jay can't coach ****tail with a twist of RGIII has regressed since his rookie season.

Jay seems a little stubborn in his play calling at times.  But if you don't have protection, no QB is going to light it up in DC.  

I think it's more an o-line problem with a splash of Jay can't coach ****tail with a twist of RGIII has regressed since his rookie season.

Jay seems a little stubborn in his play calling at times.  But if you don't have protection, no QB is going to light it up in DC.  

When you have 3 wins it tends to be a splash of everything. 

I just think the Jay Gruden w/Dalton success needs to forgotten at this point.  its time to put the head coach cap on and trying to get the most out of all the players and coaches and game management (before and during).  if he can find a way to excel at this winning more games next year should take care of itself.

^ I'm sure everyone here was saying the same about romoSUCKS the last few years, "overrated", "cancer to a franchise" "blows chunks" and now he's in the top of his division playing better than any of our QBs and most of the leagues. Yeah, he's Ruff around the edges and isn't playing well at all, but different QBs evolve in their own way. I never said it would be a fast and easy process. It was only a what if if Griffin gets the boot, WHICH I HOPE DOES NOT HAPPEN

18 posts? Troll.

Anyways, I've never read anyone calling Romo a "cancer to a franchise". Romo actually has a good team around him now. Have you noticed that he's played much better now that they run the ball well with Murray and they don't have to rely on him to make all of their plays? Not to mention, he has a very solid O line protecting him. Cutler would have none of that here. Just admit that this thread, and Cutler coming to DC is a bad idea. 

Archived