Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jay Cutler in 2015?

Hope&LoyaltyHTTR

Is that what you said when McNabb was signed?

I don't think I had a cold at the time and wasn't drinking whiskey,(well after the signing I did),but I can say I wasn't doing summersaults and cartwheels at the time of him coming to the Redskins.  Cutler himself is an interception machine and if anyone has the yips,it's this guy. He's played well in the past,but his consistency overall,hasn't been there either. Until this season. Where he's been consistently bad. Just as soon stick with the younger,inconsistent guy if I had to choose. 

^ I'm sure everyone here was saying the same about Romo the last few years, "overrated", "cancer to a franchise" "blows chunks" and now he's in the top of his division playing better than any of our QBs and most of the leagues. Yeah, he's Ruff around the edges and isn't playing well at all, but different QBs evolve in their own way. I never said it would be a fast and easy process. It was only a what if if Griffin gets the boot, WHICH I HOPE DOES NOT HAPPEN

Oh I forgot how great our 3 Quarterbacks are playing. My mistake.

Players can change and improve with a new team just like how the Redskins are a stepping stone for players to play much better and win rings elsewhere. I forgot how great griffin is playing so I understand all the negative cutler comments smh. Our QB can't even hold on to the ball to score a TD on the run on a play that should of never happened because the penalty should have been declined and handed off to Morris on the 2 yard line. So to all the geniuses here do you have a better idea if we can Griffin? And it better not be the interception machine or the Cleveland Brown reject

???? Why is it legal to say stupid **** on the internet?

I don't know why it's legal but you certainly accomplished it...

Regardless of how bad things are, there is always someone worse off.  Case in point, the Chicago Bears have their franchise quarterback signed up for a $126 million contract and he is playing at about the same level as Griffin, McCoy, and Cousins.  If you want to improve your quarterback play, improve your offensive line, it is that simple.  This team has given up 53 sacks so far this season.  The only team worse is Jacksonville with 62 and they represent 33% of our wins and have a worse record.  The team that has given up the least amount of sacks this year and last year as well is Denver.  Are you seeing a pattern here with teams who win and those that lose?  To put it in more perspective, the record for a season of fewest sacks given up is 7 and the Redskins gave up 9 in 1991.  This team gave up 7 last week alone.  If you improve your line, any one of these three quarterbacks on the roster now will play better. It just seems really odd that this is obvious to everyone except for the people running this franchise who thinks they can anchor a line with a good left tackle surrounded by a bunch of scrubs. At the end of last season, I said that if we trot out Tyler Polumbus as a starter in 2014 on opening day then that is a pretty good signal that our offseason was a failure.  That is exactly what we did and we now know the results.  That did not mean he was the only issue but if he was a starter then the OL had not really been addressed seriously.

Remember what Vinny said about Snyder and Cutler?

Cerrato then offered his understanding of team owner Dan Snyder’s thoughts at the time.

“Now I know this about Dan,” Cerrato said. “Always wanted a franchise quarterback. He’s always wanted that guy. So when you’re that close, [draft] picks didn’t matter. And Dan had a good relationship with [broncos owner] Pat Bowlen. And I know when we went out to the owners’ meetings, Dan was working Bowlen. Dan handed Pat a piece of paper that said ‘We’ll give you two No. 1’s for Cutler.’ So I mean, they knew of their interest and they that if anything happens, we would be a player.”

“I get a call like 11:30 at night, it was [then Broncos head coach] Josh McDaniels,” Cerrato went on. “And he says, ‘We’re ready to do this.’ I says, ‘What do you want?’ It was like three ones and a two. And I said, ‘Is that it?’ I said, ‘That’s all you want, three ones and a two?’ It was like Draft Day, the movie, you know? And he wanted three ones, a two and Jason Campbell. So then I called Dan — it was like 11:30 — I said, ‘Dan, game on.'”

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/09/23/vinny-cerrato-explains-how-skins-2009-trade-talks-for-jay-cutler-fell-through/

^ I'm sure everyone here was saying the same about romoSUCKS the last few years, "overrated", "cancer to a franchise" "blows chunks" and now he's in the top of his division playing better than any of our QBs and most of the leagues. Yeah, he's Ruff around the edges and isn't playing well at all, but different QBs evolve in their own way. I never said it would be a fast and easy process. It was only a what if if Griffin gets the boot, WHICH I HOPE DOES NOT HAPPEN

Two reasons why Romo is playing better:

1. They rebuilt their offensive line.

2. They run the ball more and don't rely solely on him, which cuts down the chance he makes a mistake.

Sound familiar, like 2012 familiar? You know, when our Oline was decent and we relied on a good running game to cut down the chance for mistakes.

Uhm no.. the only thing that Cutler has going for him is that he's used to horrible OL play and getting sacked a lot, so he's one of the few that could probably withstand the beating behind our OL.

But let's just focus on OL and give one of our younger QB a chance here okay?

Archived