Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill Cosby ... There is smoke.

Kosher Ham

Damn Bill Cosby had to drug every woman to sleep with him?  Rape is a crime of control not pleasure.  The way it seems is Bill is the only celebrity with out groupies.  This was the most prominent comedian at one point.  I just don't understand why he had to take the sex when women will give it to you just to say "I slept with Bill Cosby!"  I know he is funny looking but come on. But if one is true then he is a rapist.  Why the law didn't prosecute him when black men get thrown under the jail for much less is a mystery to me. 

He might not make it to trial.  the man is 78 years old.  Remember Joe Pa.  Once they went after his legacy he gave up and died.

Some people are just sick. Darren Sharper is even a better example. Young, handsome pro bowl quality NFL player that could have virtually any woman he wants. What does he do, drug women to rape them.

Some people are just sick. Darren Sharper is even a better example. Young, handsome pro bowl quality NFL player that could have virtually any woman he wants. What does he do, drug women to rape them.

Just another conspiracy to ruin another Black man's legacy. It would be funny if it wasn't so stupid.

I originally gave Cos the benefit of the doubt.  After reading through this thread and some of the docs...

Where there is smoke, there's fire.

Too many coincidences, too many claims about the same occurrences.

Edited by Alaskins
  • Like 1

Never eat Bens at a satellite location like a baseball stadium. Not nearly the same.

Ben's just isn't that good.  I mean it's alright but it's not the life changing experience I was lead to believe that it was going to be.  Cool DC history but other than that, not all that amazing.

Wonder how much longer that portrait of him is going to be in the alleyway is the real question here.  

Too many coincidences, too many claims about the same occurrences.

That's how I see it. In the interview with Kate Snow, one woman would start to tell her story, and others would break down...complete meltdowns...not just a couple tears & sniffles.

This ain't no small story. This is a man who was loved & admired by a whole lot of people, including me.

Ben's just isn't that good.  I mean it's alright but it's not the life changing experience I was lead to believe that it was going to be.  

That's how I feel about it also. I actually prefer their breakfast over any of the other stuff they have.

It's a freaking half smoke with bland chili...So...what's the big deal ?

there is a helluva lotta smoke.   

I'm going to make an unpopular observation (that my wife made to me--- my feminist wife, who wrote her dissertation on the role of the patriarchy in pushing young women into making unhealthy decisions)

I am not sure at all what happened in any of these incidences, but they all occurred during a time when mixing drugs and alcohol was fairly common, and people routinely had very drunk sex.   It would not be at all surprising if Bill Cosby genuinely is thinking: WTF?? everyone was doing this!   Lines weren't very clear, and lots of people lumped a whole-lotta behavior together 

There is a lotta ****ing right now about the uuber nerdy sounding attempts to draw hard lines on this subject (you have to get written approval from a college woman's mom to have sex??), but those attempts are happening because this **** is difficult to disentangle from the outside.     If you are a relatively moral person, it is easy to imagine a moral situation of having sex for the first time with someone when people are impaired (frankly, i have a fairly hard time imagining first time sex in most situations WITHOUT some sort of alcohol -- and friendly lighting).    

but from the OUTSIDE, its hard to decipher the difference between perfectly moral mutually irresponsible playfulness, and pretty damned immoral predatory behavior.  And.. frankly... some people have an honestly difficult time differentiating between the two in their own situations (much less when there is a he-said/she-said question of facts), and others just don't care.   WHen you add free and willing taking of drugs that enhance the effects of alcohol, the situation gets even more fraught.  

and... when there is a question of whether the drug taking was free and willing or not....    

there is just a **** load of ambiguity and variability that people with suspect morals exploit.  

without knowing any of the details of what actually happened in any of these Bill Cosby scenarios, i can easily picture a case where Bill C did some downright immoral ****.   and i can also imagine the **** falling into an area where BIll C self-justified the actions, and felt like it wasn't THAT far from the general drug/alcohol lubricated stuff that was going on everywhere.    

I am not sure at all what happened in any of these incidences, but they all occurred during a time when mixing drugs and alcohol was fairly common, and people routinely had very drunk sex.   It would not be at all surprising if Bill Cosby genuinely is thinking: WTF?? everyone was doing this!   Lines weren't very clear, and lots of people lumped a whole-lotta behavior together

Really???  I am not sure I remember that being the norm in our society.

Sluggs, Perhaps a tad...but certainly not drugged up and intoxicated to a point one person barely recalls the incident.

First time with most women (as an adult) we had a couple of drinks...nothing crazy (I don't do any drugs), I just don't find drunk women appealing. My point is always that I never want them to say it was because they were drunk that they did it.

Damn Bill Cosby had to drug every woman to sleep with him? Rape is a crime of control not pleasure. The way it seems is Bill is the only celebrity with out groupies. This was the most prominent comedian at one point. I just don't understand why he had to take the sex when women will give it to you just to say "I slept with Bill Cosby!" I know he is funny looking but come on. But if one is true then he is a rapist. Why the law didn't prosecute him when black men get thrown under the jail for much less is a mystery to me.

He didn't have to do it, he wanted to do it. He's a sociopath, it has nothing to do with whether he could get women without these means. Of course he could.

Really???  I am not sure I remember that being the norm in our society.

Who knows, in celebrity circles during that time it could have been. If any of them were Cosby groupies, must like rockstar groupies, they would have done anything with him. Sluggo makes a good point that is often ignored when discussing what has happened to Cosby. I certainly don't sympathize with him, but could be what he was thinking.

• 2 months later...

Hugh Hefner will be asked to testify in sexual battery suit against Bill Cosby

Hugh Hefner will be asked to bare all about Bill Cosby.

Gloria Allred revealed Wednesday she plans to depose the Playboy founder next month in a sexual battery civil suit filed against Cosby by her client Judy Huth.

Huth claims Cosby sexually assaulted her inside the Playboy Mansion in 1974 when she was just 15.

"Mr. Hefner is going to be 90 years old next week - we need to proceed with his deposition," Allred said in a Santa Monica, Calif., courtroom.

The prominent lawyer dropped the bombshell as she thanked the court for allowing third party depositions to move forward despite a request by Cosby to freeze every aspect of the case.

In a tentative ruling Wednesday, Judge Craig Karlan said he would allow continued discovery and depositions with respect to witnesses other than Cosby and Huth.

Click on the link for the full article

What are they expecting to get from Hef?  They want to test the memory of a 90 year old about events that happened at one of his house parties 42 years ago?  After that many years, and god knows how many parties, I wouldn't expect Hef to be able to remember specifics if anything at all.

China, Hef remembers things, he was interviewed and therefore chosen to give a deposition. 

Very coherent for his age. 

It will be interesting to potentially hear or read about his recollection of events though. 

Cosby can't hurt Hef at this point. 

George Lopez was on Howard Stern this past week and had some interesting comments like Bill's behavior was the worst kept secret in the biz. He then went on to talk about how Bill used to host some Playboy jazz party thing for several years and called George when he was about to take it over.

• 1 month later...

Bill Cosby ordered to stand trial for sexual assault

A Pennsylvania judge ruled on Tuesday there is enough evidence for Bill Cosby to stand trial on sexual assault charges stemming from a 2004 incident.

Cosby nodded his head as Magisterial District Judge Elizabeth McHugh gave her ruling.

"Mr. Cosby, good luck to you, sir," the judge said.

"Thank you," said the former TV star, who stood up briskly after the ruling and seemed chipper and unsurprised. He hugged one of his lawyers.

Former Temple University athletic department employee Andrea Constand told authorities that Bill Cosby violated her sexually after giving her pills that made her dizzy and left her legs feeling "like jelly," according to a police report read at a court hearing Tuesday.

"I told him, 'I can't even talk, Mr. Cosby.' I started to panic," Constand told police in 2005, according to statements read in court.

"I was laying on my left side with my knees bent. That is the last thing I remember... I recall Mr. Cosby's body near mine. I was in and out."

At some points, the testimony got explicit.

"I was aware that his hands were on my breast...and his fingers were in my vagina... His penis was erect," she stated to police. "I don't remember any kissing, any intercourse."

Constand recalled to police, "Everything was blurry and dizzy. I felt nauseous."

• Like 1

I wonder about statue of limitations. Hasn't it passed for this? Also I hope they have more than just that statement. He definetly seems guilty to me but would still like him found guilty because he is proven to be, not because the population thinks he is.

I wonder about statue of limitations. Hasn't it passed for this? Also I hope they have more than just that statement. He definetly seems guilty to me but would still like him found guilty because he is proven to be, not because the population thinks he is.

Crime happened in 2004.  SOL in PA is 12 years.  So it appears she got in just under the wire.

And yea, she's going to need way more evidence than her hazy, drug-addled memories from 12 years ago.  What is going to make this case SUPER interesting is whether the judge allows other victims to testify that they were drugged and raped in the same fashion.  Im not sure about state rules in PA, but the federal rules of evidence allow a plaintiff to show similar crimes.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_413

Rule 413. Similar Crimes in Sexual-Assault Cases

(a) Permitted Uses. In a criminal case in which a defendant is accused of a sexual assault, the court may admit evidence that the defendant committed any other sexual assault. The evidence may be considered on any matter to which it is relevant.

• 1 month later...

Bill Cosby 'completely blind', living 'own personal hell'

TORONTO - Fallen funnyman Bill Cosby has gone “completely blind” with both his legacy and health totally in tatters.

Cosby’s reputation as “America’s Dad” was torpedoed as a slew of sexual assault allegations pummeled the Fat Albert creator.

“His alleged victims may take some solace in the fact that he’s in his own personal hell. He has been suffering from a degenerative eye disease and is completely blind... All his Hollywood friends have turned their backs on him,” a source told the The New York Post.

“He is confined to his house in Pennsylvania, and the only person on his side is his wife, Camille, who is masterminding his defence. His only friends are the small army of lawyers on his payroll.”