Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Fully Analyzed 2015 NFL Draft Position Thread *Thread cleared, Redskins pick 5th in 2015*

Forehead

Yes, 5th it is.  Would have been nice for the Jags to pull it out, but oh well.  Today was embarrassing, but knocking Philly out still felt good.

5th overall means that two QB's, Amari Cooper, that DE/DT from USC, and a pair of OT's...someone will be on the board that this team can definitely use.

Yes, 5th it is.  Would have been nice for the Jags to pull it out, but oh well.  Today was embarrassing, but knocking Philly out still felt good.

5th overall means that two QB's, Amari Cooper, that DE/DT from USC, and a pair of OT's...someone will be on the board that this team can definitely use.

I'm leaning towards Cooper.

Especially if Pierre's not back.

Any pick other than offensive line and I might be done. For me, not focusing on the line would be as unforgivable as having Haslett back. That is saying A LOT.

The most pressing need on the team is DL followed by safety. Then a guard.

Long has to be given a shot to play. You can't give up on a 3rd round pick after 1 year.

I'd take the best pass-rising DL with #5. If that's not possible, I'd look HARD at trading back because picking a guard at 5 is ridiculous and a RT that high is pretty silly.

Top 10 OL picks are for LT.

I wouldn't spend 5 on a safety. But I'd do that before spending it on a RT, OG or WR (for us).

So which DB will we get?  You guys know it's coming.  If you're sitting there thinking it's got to be OLine, spend the time between now and the draft working on your ability to deal with crushing disappointment.  There is no chance that this team drafts an offensive lineman that isn't a left tackle with the 5th overall pick.  I doubt they'll draft a DL either, this team has never committed to winning the line of scrimmage under Danny and they won't start now.  The two big time QBs will be gone by five and Danny is still looking at old text messages from his BFF RG3 whispering "I still believe in you".  That means defensive back. 

We'll get a DB and wonder why he isn't able to shut down his man for 5 seconds. 

If the FO , as-is, remains in tact, I don't want to see them outsmart themselves by trading back. Take the safe pick in and select Scherf.  He is a great start to upgrading the OL.

In all seriousness  there are three major needs that have to be addressed before the Redskins can decide how to approach the draft and free agency - an entirely new coaching staff (Gruden has proven he is not HC material), a New GM (Allen brought in Gruden) and third an improved scouting department (as much as everyone says money is no object for Snyder he has always skimped in this crucial area). 

If they address these areas the Redskins may be able to use the draft effectively but if not  the best option would be to trade for future picks and forget the 2015 draft (we should be able to net up to 3 future 1sts and a 2d (maybe two) with the #5 pick  through multiple trade downs).

In all seriousness  there are three major needs that have to be addressed before the Redskins can decide how to approach the draft and free agency - an entirely new coaching staff (Gruden has proven he is not HC material), a New GM (Allen brought in Gruden) and third an improved scouting department (as much as everyone says money is no object for Snyder he has always skimped in this crucial area). 

If they address these areas the Redskins may be able to use the draft effectively but if not  the best option would be to trade for future picks and forget the 2015 draft (we should be able to net up to 3 future 1sts and a 2d (maybe two) with the #5 pick  through multiple trade downs).

college season is over.  You don't need more scouts to check out the combine.  One season doesn't prove squat

So which DB will we get?  You guys know it's coming.  If you're sitting there thinking it's got to be OLine, spend the time between now and the draft working on your ability to deal with crushing disappointment.  There is no chance that this team drafts an offensive lineman that isn't a left tackle with the 5th overall pick.  I doubt they'll draft a DL either, this team has never committed to winning the line of scrimmage under Danny and they won't start now.  The two big time QBs will be gone by five and Danny is still looking at old text messages from his BFF RG3 whispering "I still believe in you".  That means defensive back. 

We'll get a DB and wonder why he isn't able to shut down his man for 5 seconds. 

Nah, it will be WR.

Skins need improvement at Left and Right Guard.   Right Tackle (is he on the roster?), TE depth (preferably one that can block), Wide Receiver Depth, Ryan Grant is it behind Garcon and Jackson and Garcon could be jettisonned.

Need Defensive line help immensely.  Chris Baker cannot play nose.  Cofield may be a cap casualty.

Bowen and Golston are likely gone.   Jenkins is likely up for FA, unsure if he's signed.   So aside from Hatcher, who's old, the dline is in need of serious youth.   

Skins need a pass rushing OLB.   A stud.    Skins need an improvement at WILL.  Perry Riley must be replaced.

Skins have Amerson, Breeland and will likely bring back Hall to play the slot with Tracy Porter hopefully there to replace a cut Biggers.

And then the safeties.   Skins need 4 or 5 new safeties.

I'd be okay with releasing Bowen, Cofield, Jenkins and Golston.

Three of those guys can be replaced with younger and cheaper and probably better versions.

That said, if Cofield, Jenkins are willing to sign team-friendly deals, keep them. Maybe Orakpo will come back on the cheap as well.

Higher the better! I think the 3rd or 4th overall pick would be nice. There's a good chance a stud will be there to draft. Also, that would mean we could also trade back a little and maybe get and extra 2nd and/or 3rd rounder to really accelerate the youth movement.

Yeah, you really don't see a ton of OL and safeties go in the first, so I say trade down, collect picks, maybe an extra 2nd, extra 4th, get some help there. 

I don't follow college at all, pretty clueless about draft picks (no I don't work in the Skins FO) is Amari Cooper in play for us at all? especially if a Garcon does not stick around? Will he be around at 5?

I'd be okay with releasing Bowen, Cofield, Jenkins and Golston.

Three of those guys can be replaced with younger and cheaper and probably better versions.

That said, if Cofield, Jenkins are willing to sign team-friendly deals, keep them. Maybe Orakpo will come back on the cheap as well.

I would not be surprised if they sign Orakpo to a 1 year deal at a reasonable rate. His situation basically dictates he's only going to get a one year deal and the asking price can only be so high given what happened in 2014

Archived