Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Fully Analyzed 2015 NFL Draft Position Thread *Thread cleared, Redskins pick 5th in 2015*

Forehead

I don't see Winning the next game as an issue for our draft status. We're picking around 5th or 6th. We aren't taking a QB. Our position of need is Safety and OL. The best of both of those should be there where we are picking

Thank you...unless our plan was to pull a Rams and trade out of a high draft pick multiple times (which could still occur), there isn't a spot in the top 10 where we couldn't draft a player that could be a huge upgrade on our roster.

I almost want to smack myself for saying what I'm about to say, but I did do a quick check of the ESPN SOS.  They are only incorporating games already played, so the numbers aren't entirely accurate, but Chicago has apparently played a brutal schedule, their SOS is something near 50 points higher than ours.

It looks like for Week 17, we'll only be able to move up with a loss and some other wins.  It appears that beating Dallas would have no negative effects on us.

Thank you...unless our plan was to pull a Rams and trade out of a high draft pick multiple times (which could still occur), there isn't a spot in the top 10 where we couldn't draft a player that could be a huge upgrade on our roster.

Well, we could pretty much take the 32nd pick of the first round and get an immediate upgrade at some position.

I'd like to see us trade back about twice, to the 14-19 range and get about 3 or 4 extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd round.Take BPA in our areas of need(will most likely be safety or ILB), use the 2nd for top OG available(hopefully Cann), and hopefully we can use our extra pick on Gurley as an elite project.

That way, we get our elite safety(or a falling Tackle), hopefully plug and play guard, and Gurley to boot.

If they tell him to play X style, where X = tank, and he refuses, he's fired for cause. For cause = no money. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's hardly irrational. Most likely, whether he tanked and went 2-14 or busted a nut and ended up 4-12 wouldn't matter. Caldwell was not long for the Colts.

I don't think you can fire a NFL coach with cause if he refused to tank without getting sued, fined by the league, and docked at least your first round pick.

Hi. Could someone please post the draft order as it appears now, Monday 12/22? Thank you

If you want the whole thing, it's on several websites.  If you just want the top of the order, I believe it is as follows:

1. Tampa Bay

2. Tennessee

3. Jacksonville

4. NY Jets

5. Oakland

6. Washington

You realize how irrational that is?

1.Like all coaches contracts, his money was guaranteed.

2. Losing and getting fired cost him money in the future.

How so? Jim Caldwell today is the Lions head coach. He lost no money doing that and probably bought himself another job. He did what he was told to do and what was planned for a long time. The tanking for Luck was a systematic plan from day one. It was the same with Peyton Manning.

How a team goes from the AFC Championship game one year, to the worst team in the entire league the next season with no significant injuries or losses? Easy when at the finish line they are looking at the best QB prospect in the draft ever. It's no accident. It was done again in 2011.

The gross incompetence from the Colts started in free agency when there were plenty of options who could QB the team and they went and picked up Kerry Collins who had lost his last five and was terrible over better QB's in the market. The Colts up until that move were not known as a franchise who made stupid decisions in free agency and that wasn't an accident. From there they didn't upgrade the backup QB position either knowing that the plan was to tank when he was injured three weeks into the season. They played Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter for 10 games and three with Collins and started the season 0-13. No accident. They could have improved along the way, they choose not to.

Instead they made a joke of tanking by allowing fans to enter the stadium wearing derogatory clothing and signs about the team saying "Suck for Luck" and the world knew what they were doing.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/12/12/2630093/another-columnist-thinks-the-colts-are-intentionally-tanking-the-2011

Plenty of links there with people saying they were tanking on purpose.

Once they got word that they couldn't lose the top pick they suddenly win two games after losing 14 games in a row? It's just not an accident this happened to the Colts twice. There is no other explanation for this. And guys who execute these underhanded plans don't always lose out. Caldwell is doing fine now

How so? Jim Caldwell today is the Lions head coach. He lost no money doing that and probably bought himself another job. He did what he was told to do and what was planned for a long time. The tanking for Luck was a systematic plan from day one. It was the same with Peyton Manning.

How a team goes from the AFC Championship game one year, to the worst team in the entire league the next season with no significant injuries or losses? Easy when at the finish line they are looking at the best QB prospect in the draft ever. It's no accident. It was done again in 2011.

Peyton Manning says hello.

But you do have somewhat of a point. But they did lose Peyton the year before the tank job!

Peyton Manning says hello.

But you do have somewhat of a point. But they did lose Peyton the year before the tank job!

He's referring to the 97 Colts losing for Manning after being in the playoffs the previous year. Though they were in the AFC title game and lost to Pitt in 95-96 then lost in the WC 96-97 then were completely awful for Manning.

Then it happened again in 2011

We're updated, though I cut the OP significantly since there's only one week left and very few possible permutations.  In a nutshell:

Beating Dallas costs us nothing, the only five win team is the Bears, and their SOS is far higher than ours.  It would cement our spot at #6 regardless of other games, but we're going no lower than 6.

If we lose to Dallas, any of three other outcomes moves us up.  Jets over Dolphins, Jags over Texans, Raiders over Broncos.  Any of those combined with a loss by us moves us up.  As such, our draft range is #3 - #6, though I very much doubt all four games will go our way.

I don't think you can fire a NFL coach with cause if he refused to tank without getting sued, fined by the league, and docked at least your first round pick.

I didn't say they would tell him to "tank".  I said, if you read it in context, they would tell him to play QB X, offensive style Y, defensive style Z, and then they naturally tank.  Don't think it can't happen?  Explain why we're letting Haslet coach?  The only difference is, Indi wanted to tank.  Snyder doesn't *want* to tank, but by playing defensive style Z, we are.

1. TAMPA

2. TENNESSEE

3. JACKSONVILLE

4. NEW YORK JETS

5. OAKLAND

6. WASHINGTON

Those 6 are locked into the top 6 regardless of what happens this weekend. We can win and still guaranteed 6. 

We were temporarily ahead of these guys when they won.  If we lost and 1 or more of these teams win we move up.  The names are locked, the order is not.

If that's the case we have some options with that pick.  Either trade the pick for more picks or draft an impact player with the pick.  The key thing is the FO will have to be smart about it.

HTTR!

The same FO (Allen) who screwed things up with multiple trades down, letting JJ Watt go to the Texans, Bitonio to the Browns and Borland to the 49ers.

Archived