Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Fully Analyzed 2015 NFL Draft Position Thread *Thread cleared, Redskins pick 5th in 2015*

Forehead

Curious on the Titans though ... I know we have too many ways to measure how SOS can work for and against either one of us with so many uncommon opponents ... but the common opponents can be tracked. If we lose out ... Our schedule gains 4 wins and 0 losses from those opponents, which, if anything, makes our opponent win % go UP, which is good. In those scenarios ... yes the Titans get the 2 L's for us ... but they also get the 2 W's from Dallas and Philly ... so having Dallas and Philly on our schedule nets us 4 wins an 0 losses if we lose out ... and the Titans actually gain 2 losses and 2 wins ... so that gives us an advantage. 

Of course, what the other 4 teams do hurts us ...

Yes, Tennessee beating the Jags gives them two extra L's in the Jags category ... and we get 1 W and 1 L ... so that sort of cancels out. 

God it's confusing. I just trust the OP ... root for the Jags if we want to get to #4 ... if we want a shot at #3 we need to root for Titans this week and Jags next .

JMU, I think you are confused, or I'm not making sense of your post.  Losses by our scheduled opponents help us, losses by their scheduled opponents help them.  To break it down just with the two games involving us and Tennessee.

Our game.  We have to lose to Philly, regardless.  That's factor #1 on this whole thread, but SOS wise, it hurts us because it is actually adding two wins to our SOS, which is bad,

Their game.  Let's assume Tennessee wins while we lose.  Great, we have a tied records, except they picked up 1 win and one loss for the Philly game (while we had two wins) and then they get two more losses on their SOS for beating Jacksonville, while we get a win and a loss, having played both teams.

Two games out of 16 gone, we're tied in record, but we (SOS speak) went 3-1 in SOS record, while they went 1-3.  Now we're tied in record but 2.5 half games back in SOS.  And then understanding that in order for us to catch them, for their opponents to gain wins, we're asking for things like the Bengals beating the Broncos and the Jets beating the Patriots.  It's going to be tough sledding.

There's a lot of possible permutations here, but most of the scenarios I've worked out still put us behind them, and cost us potential spots elsewhere.  At this point, I'm focusing on #3, hoping Oakland and Jacksonville win, settle into the #3 spot, and then we'll see what's available to us next week.

Yep. Once again, Redskins fans' interest in the NFL at this stage of the season is focused not on the teams battling for playoff slots but with our fellow sucky teams scrambling at the bottom of the standings. Yay?

Thanks for the work on the thread Forehead. It's something to keep an eye on, anyway...

Too funny, really HAHAhaha hahahahahah hh wah wahhhh SOB SOB SOB BOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO sniffle'

OK, if I'm reading things correctly, then Larry's interpretation of things:

Right now, TB, Tenn, Jax, and Oak are drafting ahead of us.

Barring divine intervention, TB and Oak are gonna stay ahead of us. (In fact, for TB to move behind us, it would take divine intervention twice.)

However, Tenn and Jax, if they win a game, they move behind us.  And they have games coming up which they could win. 

In fact, next week, they play each other.  One of those teams is pretty much guaranteed to move behind us. 

And, after those teams play each other, Jax plays Houston, who they might beat.  (Tenn's final game is against the Colts, so they're guaranteed to lose that one.) 

So

We're pretty much guaranteed to move up to 4th, next week, because somebody between Tenn/Jax has to win. 

And, if

1)  Tenn beats Jax, next week (and moves behind us).

2)  Jax beats Houston, in week 17 (and moves behind us)

Then there's a chance we draft #3. 

Sounds good, but knowing us we'll probably beat Dallas again and with RG3 starting it wouldn't surprise me if we beat Sanchez and the Eagles this week. 

I CALLED IT!  2 straight wins for the 8th pick and some Wide Receiver or Linebacker in the first round.   

Sounds good, but knowing us we'll probably beat Dallas again and with RG3 starting it wouldn't surprise me if we beat Sanchez and the Eagles this week. 

I CALLED IT!  2 straight wins for the 8th pick and some Wide Receiver or Linebacker in the first round.   

Hey, as much as I want to lose out, we're in a position now where we can't pick any lower than 7th ... and as much as I want that 3rd pick ... if we win the next two games with RGIII at the helm, it provides a LOT more optimism going forward, v. us getting crushed and losing badly with Colt or RGIII ... I'm hoping we play well on offense and lose close games ... but if we win one or both and screw ourselves out of a top 5 pick but still pick 7th, that's fine with me. FYI, we've secured that we can't pick any lower than 7th.

Hey, as much as I want to lose out, we're in a position now where we can't pick any lower than 7th ... and as much as I want that 3rd pick ... if we win the next two games with RGIII at the helm, it provides a LOT more optimism going forward, v. us getting crushed and losing badly with Colt or RGIII ... I'm hoping we play well on offense and lose close games ... but if we win one or both and screw ourselves out of a top 5 pick but still pick 7th, that's fine with me. FYI, we've secured that we can't pick any lower than 7th.

This is how I feel.  I never pull for us to lose games, it's just not in my nature.  I would take the 7th pick in a heartbeat if it meant that Griff came out blazing and we blasted the Eagles and Dallass.  

Thanks forehead for keeping up this thread and shooting down all the misinformation.  The thread kinda feels like the Monty Python sketch in Holy Grail when Palin instructs the guards to not let his son leave the room. :)

For the people acting like us being NFC East champs in an impossibility there's been little change in the NFC east since two years ago. When we won it.

lol no. Philly added one of the best coaches in the NFL. Dallas added two pro-bowl o-linemen. New York added one of the most exciting receivers to come around in a while

For the people acting like us being NFC East champs in an impossibility there's been little change in the NFC east since two years ago. When we won it.

Bro... We are HORRIBLE!!! We don't do anything well. Can't play defense, can't play offense, can't play special teams. Terrible coaching, terrible front office, and the worst owner in professional sports. We will be lucky to win 6 games next year.

lol no. Philly added one of the best coaches in the NFL. Dallas added two pro-bowl o-linemen. New York added one of the most exciting receivers to come around in a while

New York also subtracted a quality receiver as I recall.  Andy Reid had been consistently good for the Eagles and was the kind of guy who jumped right into another coaching job.  And Dallas is damn close to the exact position they were going into the end of 2012, plus despite having two pro bowl O-linemen we had our best passrushing game of the season by far against them

Little change, not none, and the change is that we stink in every phase of the game except punting.  We don't have an offensive or defensive scheme, we don't have a clear starter at QB, and our DC sucks.  This is not an up-and-coming team that just needs a little talent here and there; it's a roster that needs an overhaul and a direction.  Giving Earl Scheib niney-nine niney-five ain't going to do it.

This matchup actually has some intrigue.  lol  But we need the Titans to pull it out since we managed to beat the Jags head to head.

if head to head mattered, which it doesn't, that still wouldn't matter.  We beat the Titans too

Little change, not none, and the change is that we stink in every phase of the game except punting.  We don't have an offensive or defensive scheme, we don't have a clear starter at QB, and our DC sucks.  This is not an up-and-coming team that just needs a little talent here and there; it's a roster that needs an overhaul and a direction.  Giving Earl Scheib niney-nine niney-five ain't going to do it.

considering we don't have a direction(I'll agree with that part) isn't it presumptuous to assume we need an overhaul?  Playing without direction makes it hard to judge what someone can do.  Look at Bacarri Rambo for example.  Played lousy here, got cut, having multi interception games for the Bills now. 

Archived