Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Fully Analyzed 2015 NFL Draft Position Thread *Thread cleared, Redskins pick 5th in 2015*

Forehead

We wont get first pick because our luck is too awful for that.

However, if by some crazy miracle we got it, I think its impossible not to take Mariotta, depending on his play in the next couple playoff/nc games etc;

Mariotta is being talked up by everyone, even though the system QB thing worries me, hes also got the potential to be amazing. Im not a fan of running QBs but if hes a runner like Luck or Newton, that would be ok for me.

How is it possible for this team to repeat the same mistake over and over again but the fans just beg for it to keep happening?

Go Jags!! Haha

Unfortunately, I think this means that Tenn now has a lock on the #2 pick.

Only realistic shot we have at moving up any more is if Oakland wins, Sunday.

Still, I guess drafting #4 doesn't suck. (My fantasy is, we turn that pick into two seconds, then we draft 3 OL in the second).

Unfortunately, I think this means that Tenn now has a lock on the #2 pick.

Yeah, I don't foresee them beating the Colts, but at this point, I think taking the sure thing was a better option than relying on a few SOS games in week 17.  Let's throw every good vibe we have Oakland's way.

Still, I guess drafting #4 doesn't suck. (My fantasy is, we turn that pick into two seconds, then we draft 3 OL in the second).

I presume that you don't mean to make our first pick in the 2nd?

Trading #4 to the Panthers for #10 and #42 would be an even points-swap.

Trading #10 to the the Chargers for #18 and #50 would be an even points-swap.

*That gets you the additional 2 second rounders for 3 total, plus a pick at #18.

If you meant trading completely out of the first, or near the bottom ... you could then ....

Trade #18 to the Patriots for #30 and #62 

Which would give you picks at 30, 36, 42, 50 and 62 ... a low 1st and four 2nds. 

Of course, that would be an interesting tactic, but I'm sure that would tick off a lot of fans. Of course, you also need trade partners, which doesn't always happen.

Nothing personal against you JM, a lot of people do this, but I will never understand why people base their proposed trades off of some random value chart Jimmy Johnson came up with decades ago.  Picks are worth what the highest bidder will give, nothing more or less.  If we had a front office person who adhered strictly to that chart, I'd want them fired.

Nothing personal against you JM, a lot of people do this, but I will never understand why people base their proposed trades off of some random value chart Jimmy Johnson came up with decades ago.  Picks are worth what the highest bidder will give, nothing more or less.  If we had a front office person who adhered strictly to that chart, I'd want them fired.

It's just a baseline I guess. I hear ya though. it's far from a "we should expect this" situation

Here are some ACTUAL trades from the past:

2014:

- Buffalo gets #4 from Cleveland for #9, 2015 1st and 4th

- Cleveland gets #8 from Minnesota for #9 and a 5th

- New Orleans gets #20 from Arizona for #27 and a 3rd

- Cleveland gets #22 from Philly for #26 and a 3rd

2013:

- Miami gets #3 from Raiders for #12 and a 2nd

- St. Louis get #8 and a 3rd from Buffalo for #16, a 2nd, 3rd and 7th

- San Fran gets #18 from Dallas for #31 and a 3rd

2012: 

- Cleveland gets #3 from Atlanta in exchange for #4, plus a 4th, 5th and 7th

- Jacksonville gets #5 from Tampa for #7 and a 4th

- Dallas gets #6 from St. Louis for #14 and a 2nd 

- Philly gets #12 from Seattle for #15, a 4th and 6th 

- New England gets #21 from Cincy for #27 and a 3rd

2011:

- Atlanta gets #6 from Cleveland for #27, 2nd, 4th and 2012 1st and 4th

- Jacksonville gets #10 from Washington for #16 and a 2nd

- Cleveland gets #21 from Atlanta for #27 and 3rd rounder

So in summary ... it really varies and depends on the player, and probably the number of teams interested. When we pick at #4, my hope is that we have a Winston or Cooper there to use as trade bait. At the very least it means we get some phone calls ... not saying we have to take any trades, but I would definitely do whatever possible to get another 2nd. If that can be accomplished by moving down but not past 10, that would be perfect. And if we decide we want a NT with our 1st pick ... that would be the start of where I think they could go.

Hypothetical ... but what if a team came calling ... offering us a late 1st, 2nd and 3rd and a 2016 1st ... would you take it? Would be tough ... jumping so far back ... that it likely wipes off the top half of your draft board ... but you get a 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd plus a 1st next year. Not sure who the heck would make a move like that ... even the Falcons move in 2011 was unexpected. But a team with as many holes as we have could benefit from those picks plus a 1st next year, and like I said, if your top priority is OG and NT, that is the prime range to grab one of the top guys.

Wondering what the odds are that the Raiders would intentionally throw their game?

I mean, I think a win moves them from drafting #3 to #6.

I understand that nobody wants to say that NFL teams might intentionally win. It would ruin the game if anybody actually admitted to doing that. But I still wonder.

And who is to say that u don't take that late first and third rounder to trade back up to get who you really want? So you pocket a second and a next years first

it depends on how late late is.  Are we talking late 28 to 32?  It might take more than just that pick and a third to move back up into the early teens.  Especially since it would be a late 2nd and 3rd

Wondering what the odds are that the Raiders would intentionally throw their game?

I understand that nobody wants to say that NFL teams might intentionally win. It would ruin the game if anybody actually admitted to doing that. But I still wonder.

I'd like to think the players wouldn't, since it could be their jobs lost for non-performance.  But who knows.

Well Gruden threw the Giant game last Sunday so if they did we couldn't complain

Hail.

Why do people think this group could trade back and get olinemen? The 3 3rds on the roster now can't sniff a start.

Exactly.  This team, and many ES posters, keep thinking you can build a quality OL on the cheap.  Look at which OL we've drafted since 2001.  It's frighteningly bad with 1 exception.  It's also 3rd rounders and worse (and usually worse) with 1 exception.  Figure out what kind of blocking scheme you want to run, use as many picks as will be better than the best we have here on OL*, and then develop them as a cohesive unit.  Look at the Hogs.  The only vet there originally was Starke.  We drafted May (1st) and Grimm (2nd) in 1981, added young Eagle cast-off Bostic and UDFA Jacoby.  They jelled as a unit and established themselves pretty damn quickly.  Do it.

*This means, leaving aside Williams, if we can replace a starter with a draftee whom we think can start from day 1, do it.  Think about this for a moment:  when was the last time, other than a guy we took with the #4 overall, we started a rookie OL?  If we can start a rook anywhere on the OL next year, it means we are eliminating the dysmalness (dysmality?) that has plagued us for years.

Indianapolis Colts and Andrew Luck. 

Archived