Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Vikings Prediction Thread: Tour de Force?

skins island connection

Neither of those opponents were playing as well as Dallas was coming into this past Monday night.

You're moving the goalposts. You said he hadn't had a game as good since 2012.

Now you're diminishing the performances. And, FWIW, they scored 20 points, not earth shattering. On a questionable defense.

He played well. Not Peyton manning well. Not joe Montana well. But he played well.

And the chargers made the playoffs last year.

Over the years, virtually every time the Redskins had a big win they followed it with a defeat no matter how bad the team they were playing was.  In spite of their history, again, I find myself confident they can win a game which means they will surely lose.  Whatever...

Redskins 24

Vikings 20

63-7, Redskins. After being down 7-0 for the entire game, Gruden unchains Alfred Morris and the skins set an NFL record with 63 points scored in the 4th quarter alone. McCoy throws 4 touchdowns to Desean Jackson, shockingly all on slant routes from inside the 5 yard line. Forbath accidentally knocks out Ragnar with a kick-off.

No way the Skins score more than 40 points in the fourth quarter.

The only thing that's predictable about the Redskins is that they're unpredictable.

If Robert stays on his feet (that's you, O-line), and leads us to a win, I'll be happy. (Even happier than usual, actually.) I can't wait to see him get back to 2012 form and pull off another 7-game win streak.

It's gonna happen.

HTTR!

Well, the good news is that no one should know how to attack a Mike Zimmer led defense better than Jay Gruden.  The bad news is that no one should know how to stop a Jay Gruden led offense better than Mike Zimmer.  RGIII will be the wild-card.  I'm sure Gruden will do his best to make Zimmer uncomfortable and put him in scramble mode from the start.

Redskins - 28

Vikings - 17

Skins always paly down to the level of Vikings ... this game scares me no end.

RG3 will be shakey at start ... Defense needs to step up again.  If purples held to less than 20 points ... Skins have a chance.

Prediction:  Skins 21-19.   

Yeah, if we're going to win this game, then we are going to win it late.  I don't expect to see good things from RGIII in the first half.  I think that, if it's going to be a win, then it will be an Andrew Luck 2012-type win where he leads a fourth-quarter comeback to make up for his three picks that necessitated the comeback to begin with.

This one is tough to predict. The Vikings should be easier to stop than Dallas, but I think the chances are slim that Haslett has a second week where he finds exactly the right gameplan. As for our offense, we're overdue for a game where the parts all come together and we put up some points, but RGIII will probably need a couple more weeks before he's in sync with his receivers.

So... Skins win 23-20.

Well, here's something to mull over.

If Griffin starts, and struggles, and I mean like 3-14 in the 1st half, do you consider pulling him, especially if we're behind by 10+ points?

I would say its one thing to get him on the field, but if he's very rusty and we're not able to move the ball, we're putting our season on a QB that might not quite be ready, at least from a mental standpoint. I don't think Gruden could jeopardize the chance to maybe make a run at possible paloffs, so he might tell Griffin to take a rest in the 2nd half, or even the 4th qtr.

This will be a very interesting and telling game. Lets hope no cobwebs are lingering...

This is tough. Skins coming off a huge, emotional win have always shat themselves the next week. Plus, Griffin is going to be rusty. Vikes offense is not very good, but they are playing at home. Their defense is pretty good. I have no idea what to expect.

17-17 tie.

Given that Cousins and McCoy both showed that they could hit DJax for money down the field ... we HAVE to see RG3 do the same or better.  DJax sets up or delivers 3 TDs vs. the Yikes.  Amerson and Breeland get a licence to press after proving they can vs. the Pukes opening up the Blitz to chase down Bridgewater ...  Gonna be messy.  Murphy breaks out in this game ... Deep threat and TE routes will open up the game for AlMo ... Gonna be very messy.

Skins roll ... 34 - 17

Robert's starting.  Stupid.  Haven't learned anything at all.  Guy is a known liar, has already come back too early from injury twice and they want to send him out against a team we can easily beat without him and not let him have the 2 weeks of rest?

Dumb. 

McCoy's game vs. Dallas was better than any performance Robert has had since 2012 so what sense does this make?  RGIII will be rusty as hell.

Neither of those opponents were playing as well as Dallas was coming into this past Monday night.

Haters gonna...well, you know...

Archived