Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Vikings Prediction Thread: Tour de Force?

skins island connection

OK, I'm ready for a prediction after leveling out following that win on Monday night!

I believe we'll see some rust and missed opportunities on offense. We also need to remember that Minnesota is at home and has a pretty good defense. So, from an offensive perspective, I don't anticipate more than 20-23 points. We've only scored more than 20 points twice this year (in back-to-back weeks against two suspect defenses while teams were accumulating game film on Cousins). 

Defensively, I still can't tell if we've turned the corner or just matched up well vs. Dallas. History tells me it's the latter, unfortunately. Haslett does a nice job against romoSUCKS traditionally, but those games have generally been outliers in otherwise very mundane seasons. Also, somehow we struggle against rookie QBs. 

Also, lately we have had some nightmare games right around Halloween. The 2010 loss in Detroit, the 2011 shutout in Toronto vs. Buffalo, the 2012 stinker in Pittsburgh, and last year's blowout in Denver come to mind. 

So, since I'm still optimistic, I'm going to predict a tight game that comes down to the last couple possessions. I'll go with 21-19 Skins...and I'll hopefully enjoy it while I bite my nails. 

I am not ready to predict that the Skins win 3 in a row.  This is a typical let down spot for this team, as they have shown multiple times in the past.

The good news is that the Skins are still the underdog (+3.5) in this game, and I hope that the spread is posted all over the locker room to keep these guys in check.

Based on past results, though, I have to give the Vikings a rather large edge in this game.  Skins, coming off big road win will be feeling way too good about themselves, and lay an egg.

Vikings 27

Skins 20

I am not ready to predict that the Skins win 3 in a row.  This is a typical let down spot for this team, as they have shown multiple times in the past.

The good news is that the Skins are still the underdog (+3.5) in this game, and I hope that the spread is posted all over the locker room to keep these guys in check.

Based on past results, though, I have to give the Vikings a rather large edge in this game.  Skins, coming off big road win will be feeling way too good about themselves, and lay an egg.

Vikings 27

Skins 20

I don't want to believe it but you're right. To me it's almost like if we would have lost to the Cowboys we would have a better chance of winning this game. Are we ready to handle the possibility of winning 3 in a row? I hope so but history says we'll play horribly.

Hmm, Vikings have a very good Defense, it's better than Dallas in my opinion. Rob will be rusty the first few possessions just getting back to game speed. But like Colt did on Monday night he should be able to overcome those issues. Hopefully Gruden uses a similar game plan as the one Monday night because Vikes can rush the passer, running game should shine this week. 

Skins 24

Vikes 20

This game has loss written all over it. How often have we seen the Skins beat a really good team then turn right around and lay an egg to a bottom feeder:

2008: Swept Fecals, beat Cardinals lost to Bengals

2009: Beat Broncos, almost beat Saints, lost to Lions

2010: Beat Packers and Eagles lost Lions

2011: Swept Giants, lost 11 games

2012: Won NFC East lost to Panthers

2013: Beat Chargers and Bears, lost 13 games

2014: Beat 6-1 Cowboys, lose to Vikings???

This game can go either way. I won't be surprised if the Vikings stun the Redskins.

Prediction:

Redskins 23

Vikings 28

I actually like what the Vikings have been building. The loss of AP crippled their offense but this season is about developing Teddy. He's going to struggle some but ultimately I think he solves their QB woes and ends up being very good. They have a stout defense and I think the game will stay close throughout but we will put up a late score to make it look worse than it was. This isn't to say they can't beat us because they're certainly capable. If Patterson, Jennings and Rudolph find space in the secondary this could be a rough day for us. I watched a lot of bridgewater in college and the kid is certainly capable of heating up.

Redskins 24

Vikings 10

Football wise i am convinced we can beat anybody if our QB (edit: include Safeties) doesn't lose us the game. That said...i expect nothing less than apocalyptic calamity from this team, while maintaining infinitesimal strands of hope for competence.

My heart, & head say we'll win this game...my superstition says i need to post otherwise:

Redskins - 20

Indigenous Norwegian Warriors - 23

I don't understand the whole "RG3 is going to be rusty at first".  He better not be.  Colt had no issues stepping in and looking like a viable starting QB with 1 week of practice with the starters.  No reason RG3 should be rusty after practicing basically for the last 2-3 weeks.  It's like we are already starting to brace for the excuses.  No excuses for this game, it should be won and won comfortably or else we have a real problem at QB.

I say RG3 gets back on his grind, features a heavy dose of Reed/Djax for a 32-17 win.  We need to stop Jerrick from running wild and force Teddy to beat us with his arm.  I am praying Haslett doesn't revert to his garbage ways where we rush 4 every down and sit in coverage waiting to be picked apart.  He should of have learned his lesson with the Dallas game, but he seems to only blitz vs Dallas consistently and nobody else.

Given that Cousins and McCoy both showed that they could hit DJax for money down the field ... we HAVE to see RG3 do the same or better.  DJax sets up or delivers 3 TDs vs. the Yikes.  Amerson and Breeland get a licence to press after proving they can vs. the Pukes opening up the Blitz to chase down Bridgewater ...  Gonna be messy.  Murphy breaks out in this game ... Deep threat and TE routes will open up the game for AlMo ... Gonna be very messy.

Skins roll ... 34 - 17

Gotta change that font size Brokenstriker...

I don't understand the whole "RG3 is going to be rusty at first". He better not be. Colt had no issues stepping in and looking like a viable starting QB with 1 week of practice with the starters. No reason RG3 should be rusty after practicing basically for the last 2-3 weeks. It's like we are already starting to brace for the excuses. No excuses for this game, it should be won and won comfortably or else we have a real problem at QB.

Don't worry :). If he screws up tomorrow, I'm sure you'll find people ripping him to shreds, posting on message boards/social media sites, calling into the Sports Fix, and other radio shows, murdering puppies, etc. Just need to where to look

Archived